The Student Room Group

Feminism and Meninism

Is Meninism a mockery of feminism or does it actually mean something?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
it's a mockery term for mens rights from feminists who resent the idea of men having rights
feminism is bull****
Reply 3
Original post by electro14
feminism is bull****
Please explain why?
Reply 4
It's a mockery and for idiots that do not realise real feminism fights for both men and women.
feminism is bull****

Anyone who believes that, doesn't know what feminism really is. :/
Reply 6
Not many people identify as a 'meninist'
from what i've seen, it's mostly used as an insult to any men's rights activist.
Honestly though, I see no issue with anyone who chooses to identify as such, it's not like feminism has a monopoly over the fight for anyone's equality, and choosing not to label yourself as a feminist shouldn't com with that much scorn
Reply 7
Yes feminism should support both men and women. Some people just take to extreme levels regarding gender inequality...
I thought the term was mockery for a male feminist whose not really a feminist but still parrots their dogma from the position of a sycophant.

Some MRAs come across as really butt-hurt individuals and it's difficult to say which one of these two kinds of men I dislike the most. Lol.

lol
Original post by hearthstone
Please explain why?
White feminists ignore and hate non white feminists and care all about themselves and other whites.
Original post by punkroses

Feminism is flawed
Meninism and MRA aren't really substantial movements. It seems to me like a considerable number of people support some aspects of their message and reject others, but few accept it wholeheartedly.

Ironically, that means it is very similar to modern feminism. People just accept the reasonable bits, and jettison the 'rape culture' anti-colonial white guilt element. In the same way, people accept the reasonable things that so-called 'Meninists' say, but reject the idea that a secretive female cabal is systematically crushing the life out the male gender.
Original post by drowzee
It's a mockery and for idiots that do not realise real feminism fights for both men and women.

No, you're thinking of egalitarianism.
Reply 13
Feminism is flawed

Give me one flawless worldview or philosophy. You won't be able to. They're all flawed, the debate surrounds which ones are most flawed and that of course depends on your outlook. Feminism is an umbrella term anyway; to assess the flaws effectively you have to sub-categorise feminist theories which can have major differences.
Reply 14
Original post by drowzee

"real feminism" died a long time ago though
Reply 15

what type of "feminism" are you talking about? liberal feminism? radical feminism? difference feminism? androgynous feminism? separatist feminism? not all of these "feminisms" are in favour of equality in a strict sense, e.g. from the law
Original post by flamboy
what type of "feminism" are you talking about? liberal feminism? radical feminism? difference feminism? androgynous feminism? separatist feminism? not all of these "feminisms" are in favour of equality in a strict sense, e.g. from the law

It's a pretty simple idea. Equal pay, equal rights, equal respect. Who cares about different types of feminism, that's irrelevant to this. Feminism in general is the belief that women deserve equal rights to men, why not support that?
Feminism is flawed

Your argument is flawed.
Reply 18
It's a pretty simple idea. Equal pay, equal rights, equal respect. Who cares about different types of feminism, that's irrelevant to this. Feminism in general is the belief that women deserve equal rights to men, why not support that?

because "feminists" today are total hypocrites so the meaning of feminism has accordingly adjusted in light of this. they don't campaign for equality. they don't campaign for both men's issues and women's issues. they want positive discrimination. therefore, they don't want strict equality, they want shameless gynocentricism and women's rights at the expense of men's
Original post by Wattsy
Give me one flawless worldview or philosophy. You won't be able to. They're all flawed, the debate surrounds which ones are most flawed and that of course depends on your outlook. Feminism is an umbrella term anyway; to assess the flaws effectively you have to sub-categorise feminist theories which can have major differences.

i just don't understand it. it's the belief that men and women are equal, even though men are superior in nearly every way both physically and mentally.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending