The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AngryJellyfish
Glad to know someone else is liking it! I enjoyed the first two episodes despite their flaws, but I feel it's improved a lot since then (haven't watched the 5th yet, though).

I've binge watched the first 4 episodes so far (is the fifth out yet?!) My main complaint with the show is how it's a bit cringey at times with the overboard dramatic scenes, and the iffy 3D animation scenes, but otherwise I am enjoying it. But apart from that, I really enjoy the light humour that complements the dark elements in the show very well. After seeing the recent track record of mediocre shonen, this is definitely a breath of fresh air.
Everyone, what's your thoughts on the Attack on Titans live action and Naruto live action?

To me the Attack on Titans live action would be boring without Levi cause no one can replace Levi

For Naruto I hope that they won't set it in a high school and Naruto wants to be the 7th Head teacher beacause that's his ninja way

So, what's your thoughts on this?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Fango_Jett
It's a very good show, but I would thoroughly recommend watching it in subs rather than dubbed. It is one of the better dubs out there, but Erens voice is absolutely hideous and ear splitting at some parts.

The only time I watch dubbed anime is when for some obscure reason a subbed episode doesn't exist and the only option is raw... that and for the comedy value of dubbed anime. :rofl:

I shall indeed watch it subbed. :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Starlight15
Everyone, what's your thoughts on the Attack on Titans live action and Naruto live action?

To me the Attack on Titans live action would be boring without Levi cause no one can replace Levi

For Naruto I hope that they won't set it in a high school and Naruto wants to be the 7th Head teacher beacause that's his ninja way

So, what's your thoughts on this?

The Attack on Titan live action is decrepit filth that doesn't deserve to exist. It's among the most shameless of cash-ins, rivalling that of Tokyo Ghoul: Root A. A poor screenplay with a low budget. Every single piece of news about it has been one disaster after another.

I'll probably see it next week, if only to laugh at it with friends.
I wanna be a magical girl
Original post by Star-girl
The only time I watch dubbed anime is when for some obscure reason a subbed episode doesn't exist and the only option is raw... that and for the comedy value of dubbed anime. :rofl:

Agreed. My one major complaint with dubs would be the fact that they keep using the same VAs, and they tend to be pretty shoddy work unless they are massively popular like FMA with a high budget.
Agreed. My one major complaint with dubs would be the fact that they keep using the same VAs, and they tend to be pretty shoddy work unless they are massively popular like FMA with a high budget.

Yeah. True. Although I didn't mind DBZ dubbed as much as I thought I would.
Don't know why I didn't think to search for a magical thread like this!
Hey my fellow otaku!
Original post by Star-girl

Normally I would feel the same, but I think if you're looking for a particular feel, e.g. jazzy noir (Cowboy bebop or Big O) then dub is also nice.
Original post by narusku
Normally I would feel the same, but I think if you're looking for a particular feel, e.g. jazzy noir (Cowboy bebop or Big O) then dub is also nice.

OK. Yeah some animes definitely the feel of it is better dubbed. There aren't many in my opinion, though.
Anyone seen the newest cour of Durarara x2? I powered through the first cour, but I'm hunting down places to watch the second part. If anyone can tell me their impressions of it, that would be great.
Original post by JWH
I am only 7 episodes into season 2 of knights of sidonia at the mo but I'm a bit worried about this season. Doesn't feel as good as the last series. Plus I have this constant feeling it's going to pull a sword art online on me...............

I'm on episode 2 of season 2 and it already feels not as good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone seen the newest cour of Durarara x2? I powered through the first cour, but I'm hunting down places to watch the second part. If anyone can tell me their impressions of it, that would be great.

I'm really liking it, but that's no surprise since Durarara!! is one of my all time favourite series. More of the same crazy characters and some equally fun new ones can only be a good thing. :yes: No real changes from x2 Shou, aside from the fact that it's giving screentime to some characters who didn't do much in that.
Original post by Eloades11
I've been debating whether to watch Assassination classroom. If it's finished now then I'll definitely take a look.

I've also just started Fairy Tail. I'm enjoying it a lot, it's very similar to Hunter X Hunter, which I also enjoyed :tongue:

I really liked it - then again my friends says I like a lot of things. I'm really looking forward to the second series next year. I'm also really looking forward AoT series 2 next year.
Hey guys! Just wanted to provide a little update since I haven't posted in a while.

In terms of anime I've been watching K-On! and Durarara which are both tons of fun, although Durarara has the more compelling story imo.

Tbh I haven't actually seen that much anime this summer because I've been addicted to an amazing manga—Berserk! Right now I'm on volume 17 and absolutely adore it.
I finished Durarara! a few months ago and it is one of my favourite animes. It was recommended to me in my early anime watching days but I didn't have any idea what was going on with the chatroom talk which put me off it for so long :tongue:
Hows everyone anime watching and manga reading going ?
Glad you asked Kadak. Trying to watch Jojos bizarre adventure but cba
Original post by Kadak
Hows everyone anime watching and manga reading going ?

Pretty good in general, thanks! :smile: I'm up to date with almost everything I'm watching weekly, and also marathoned the last few episodes of Nodame Cantabile, which was awesome! I'll be picking up Koukaku no Regios to replace that. :yes:

Haven't had time to read any manga this evening, but I'll likely read the last volume of Liar Game tomorrow, then start one of the series Cara suggested for me a few pages back (probably Tokyo Crazy Paradise).
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending