The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

After looking at the official mark scheme, I just wanted to ask about part a) of the last question. According to the mark scheme, would Arsey lose an M1 mark for not substituting h into an expression of the form Ar^2 + Brh, and would Arsey also lose the final A1 mark for not "perfectly" distinguishing between cost and area? I'm just curious because my answer was very similar to Arsey's.
From looking at the unofficial mark schemes, I'm predicting myself to have obtained;

C1 - 63
C2 - 47
S1 - 49/50

I'm hoping for a B overall (i thought C2 AND S1 were vile papers:angry:), is this possible?
Original post by l_rd-98
From looking at the unofficial mark schemes, I'm predicting myself to have obtained;

C1 - 63
C2 - 47
S1 - 49/50

I'm hoping for a B overall (i thought C2 AND S1 were vile papers:angry:), is this possible?

I'd really like to say yes, considering that I would probably gain similar marks, but I have a horrible feeling that Edexcel will screw us over.
Original post by yashkp25
I'd really like to say yes, considering that I would probably gain similar marks, but I have a horrible feeling that Edexcel will screw us over.

Hey yash :smile:
59-A on C2 :smile: edexel grade boundaries are out

Posted from TSR Mobile
That was the worst Maths paper I have ever sat. How can they give that 59 (I know it was less than last year's)? I think 55/56 would be better.
Original post by yashkp25
That was the worst Maths paper I have ever sat. How can they give that 59 (I know it was less than last year's)? I think 55/56 would be better.

Don't worry, you have done better than you think:wink:
Do u hav the mark schemes for the papers or any ideas where i can find them?????????????
Original post by Dinaa
Dinaa is IN :awesome:

U look beautiful
Original post by Govinda12
U look beautiful

C2 June 2016 We in here :colondollar:
guys my second last exam is on the 25th of May and last in on the 15th of june which is S1. Shall i not touch s1 until the 20 days start?
Original post by Azim101
guys my second last exam is on the 25th of May and last in on the 15th of june which is S1. Shall i not touch s1 until the 20 days start?

Heya :h: the C1/C2 thread for this year is here. There is also a Year 12 Maths help thread here.

I would say, yes, S1 can be taught to yourself in 20 days and if you do enough past papers. S2 was my last exam (a week after my 2nd last) and while I didn't leave learning anything/past papers until that final stretch, I took a few days off (I had 13 exams prior to that) and that cost me an A* in Further Maths overall (I'm happy with an A, but.. yeah). As long as you think you aren't going to slack off etc then it's possible, as long as you are really using it to benefit your other exams.
Original post by rachelw785
I am struggling with parts of C2, especially with the differentiation parts and finding the maximum and minimum points etc., can anyone tell me how they remember how to do this? I have no idea :confused:

For differentiation I just remember the equation from C1 when differentiating ax^n + bx + c it becomes a(n)x^n-1 + b(n)x^n-1 + c(n)x^n-1.

Here for the coeff' b, n would be 1, resulting in b(1)x^1-1 = bx^0 = b(1) = b.
Also, for the coeff' c, n would be 0, since a number multiplied by 1 = itself, therefore c(1) = c(n^0), since n^0 = 1.

So as a result, you'll get anx^n-1 + b(n) + c

The question usually asks you to find a min/max point/value, which means you find the x value after you state dy/dx = 0 at the min/max, and rearrange the equation.

Then when it asks you to, you use the same method to find the second diff' => d^2y/dx^2, after which you substitute the value of x, that you would have found in a previous part of the question.

If d^2y/dx^2 > 0 then it is a minimum - think of it as a low point increasing.
If d^2y/dx^2 < 0 it is a maximum - think of it as a high point decreasing.

Hope that helps! Good Luck!
Can anyon give me a link for unofficial mark scheme for c2 please?
Meh
I thought it was eay, but everyone else was like it was hard. Got max 5 marks cut but im sure i lost 1 mark
Anyone good at trig function questions?? I'm not good in that area
Original post by biinarcotics
Anyone good at trig function questions?? I'm not good in that area

This is the 2015 thread, isn't there a 2017 thread?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4539524&page=5

try here
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm absolutely dreading C2 especially chapter 8 onwards :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending