The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr...
You went to the UCL one too?

Yeahhhh :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
So how was it? What was the schedule like if I may ask?

So five days, like 120 people split into STEM and Arts and Humanities. We had registration in the morning which was really a social time haha in the canteen. Then, we either went for a lecture (one about physics and comets, hydrogen fuel cells and stem cells/molecular biology) or a workshop. The workshops made the summer school in my opinion. There was one on student finance, one on helping personal statements with examples of real personal statements! We even had a "Dippermouth" public speaking workshop where we made our own speeches and built our confidence by thinking on the spot in groups. Then, Thursday we had an amazing quiz in the theatre amazing social time! And also on Thursday, we started our group presentation prep which was about "exploring the modern world." Thereafter, we carried these presentations out on Friday afternoon and then we had a certificate ceremony was awesome. But yeah what an experience!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
Sounds great! Do you have anything else lined up for this summer?

+ Is there a link because I could only find the LSE one so I assumed they were the same thing.

Noo I don't have anything lined up I want to do some voluntary work can anybody tell me how to find some?

And honestly all I did was type into Google "Year 11 Summer School" and it came. Make sure you apply for Yr 12's one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
:yep:
You'd have to ask @usycool1 for a set date though

Original post by Gilo98
I think that is whats happened on subsequent years....will have to check with Usy the duck....

Original post by rcmehta
Think the year 12 thread would probably start on results day or the day after :unsure:

I'll let you guys know when you can. :smile: The whole forum will be VERY busy on A-Level results day (so much so that they've asked the mods/supporters to help out at the TSR offices in Brighton :zomg:) so it'd probably be a few days after that. :smile:
Original post by usycool1
I'll let you guys know when you can. :smile: The whole forum will be VERY busy on A-Level results day (so much so that they've asked the mods/supporters to help out at the TSR offices in Brighton :zomg:) so it'd probably be a few days after that. :smile:

please do although year 12 thread might not be my home next year since it depends on what level course i end up in next year... :hide:
Original post by Midnightmemories
please do although year 12 thread might not be my home next year since it depends on what level course i end up in next year... :hide:

You'll still be allowed there. :tongue: What do you want to do next year? :biggrin:
You'll still be allowed there. :tongue: What do you want to do next year? :biggrin:

I'm doing something that you've probably never heard of... the CACHE course in Childrens play learning and development.

it all depends on my maths if i end up doing level 3 or 2.
Original post by Midnightmemories
I'm doing something that you've probably never heard of... the CACHE course in Childrens play learning and development.

it all depends on my maths if i end up doing level 3 or 2.

Very nice. :colone: I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's the level you want. :smile:
Original post by Mr...
Oxfam/Fara Stores are always a good idea:yep:

Oh, why the Y12s one?:confused:

I mean the Year 12 Summer Schools they are really useful especially because we are going to be applying to university! It'll help in our UCAS personal statement and regardless, it's a wonderful experience. Be sure to visit as many unis as possible in the coming academic year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
@TheHopefulMedic here is the thread :smile:

It's Year 11 right now but will transition into the Year 12 discussion after results :h:
Im selling AS/A2/GCSE books atm :smile:
Please PM me for more info/rates or if you wish to buy them! The conditions range from "very good" to "like new"
For OCR examboards:
- AS Biology Textbook- AS Revision guide (official one not the cgp book)
- AS Physics textbook
- AS OCR B Salters Chemistry storylines
- AS Chemistry revision guide (cgp)

For Edexcel examboard
- AS Psychology textbook

For ALL examboards:
- NEW UNDERSTANDING PHYSICS - AS & A2 Level Spec covered!

GCSEs:
AQA:
- Core science CGP revision guide
- New Aqa Science Science A textbook (core science)
- Additional Science CGP revision guide
- Religious Education textbook - Religion and life issues
- Spanish CGP complete practise
- Spanish revision guide (not cgp) with practise question - speaking, listening and writing
- Beginner's guide to drawing
- Philip Allan English Lit - The crucible & Of Mice and Men
Original post by She-Ra
@TheHopefulMedic here is the thread :smile:

It's Year 11 right now but will transition into the Year 12 discussion after results :h:

Thank you

Thanks - take your time :wink: I can imagine how busy it gets :biggrin:
Why is the year 11 thread in the A levels thread? O_o
Original post by Starlight15
Why is the year 11 thread in the A levels thread? O_o

I have no clue - I've moved it back. :smile:
Hello Y11s (or should I say, soon to be Y12s) - how are you all? :h:
Original post by Neuth
Hello Y11s (or should I say, soon to be Y12s) - how are you all? :h:

hello soon to be year 13... :wink:

How are you? I'm good.

:giggle:
Original post by irfan_blue
So five days, like 120 people split into STEM and Arts and Humanities. We had registration in the morning which was really a social time haha in the canteen. Then, we either went for a lecture (one about physics and comets, hydrogen fuel cells and stem cells/molecular biology) or a workshop. The workshops made the summer school in my opinion. There was one on student finance, one on helping personal statements with examples of real personal statements! We even had a "Dippermouth" public speaking workshop where we made our own speeches and built our confidence by thinking on the spot in groups. Then, Thursday we had an amazing quiz in the theatre amazing social time! And also on Thursday, we started our group presentation prep which was about "exploring the modern world." Thereafter, we carried these presentations out on Friday afternoon and then we had a certificate ceremony was awesome. But yeah what an experience!

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is so weird lol because I went to! Can't believe we missed each other :smile: it was a while ago but oh wells:tongue:
Original post by asha.o
This is so weird lol because I went to! Can't believe we missed each other :smile: it was a while ago but oh wells:tongue:

Omg which group were you? I was STEM 08

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest