The Student Room Group

When do sixth forms start taking applications?

I always thought about going to a 6th form but I don't know when 6th forms start taking applications and how many 6th forms to apply to?
Original post by Jahnavi monya
I always thought about going to a 6th form but I don't know when 6th forms start taking applications and how many 6th forms to apply to?

What year are you in now? Some have late applicant days after Results Day in August, others require an earlier application which starts around March, others might even be earlier. The best thing to do would be to look on the website of the sixth forms in your area and check.
Good Luck! :h:
Original post by emiloujess
What year are you in now? Some have late applicant days after Results Day in August, others require an earlier application which starts around March, others might even be earlier. The best thing to do would be to look on the website of the sixth forms in your area and check.
Good Luck! :h:

I'm in year 10 going in year 11 this September.
Thanks for the reply. I hadn't actually thought of looking on sixth form websites.
Original post by Jahnavi monya
I'm in year 10 going in year 11 this September.
Thanks for the reply. I hadn't actually thought of looking on sixth form websites.

Ah, well for 6th forms it's usually better to apply sooner rather than later. Good Luck! :smile:
Original post by emiloujess
Ah, well for 6th forms it's usually better to apply sooner rather than later. Good Luck! :smile:

I'll bare that in mind. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest