The Student Room Group

DSA - waiting to here from SFE after assessment

So I attended my study needs assessment on 18th June, and they sent me my report to check over on the 8th July. It took the centre longer than they guaranteed, to send me my report which makes me a bit sceptic of whether they have sent it to SFE yet.
I double checked with the centre on the 30th July and they "I will chase SFE today and see what is happening for you."
I've continuously checked my SFE page, and it just says "send your DSA form" which I obviously did in the first place to apply.

Is it normal for SFE to take this long to reply back after an assessment has been submitted?

The reason for applying for DSA is social anxiety, which includes getting extremely anxious when making phone calls. Therefore I don't want to call unless it's definitely necessary.

Thank you :smile:

I just realised I spelt "hear" wrong in the title >_<
Not sure how to change it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by prophetkid
So I attended my study needs assessment on 18th June, and they sent me my report to check over on the 8th July. It took the centre longer than they guaranteed, to send me my report which makes me a bit sceptic of whether they have sent it to SFE yet.
I double checked with the centre on the 30th July and they "I will chase SFE today and see what is happening for you."
I've continuously checked my SFE page, and it just says "send your DSA form" which I obviously did in the first place to apply.

Is it normal for SFE to take this long to reply back after an assessment has been submitted?

The reason for applying for DSA is social anxiety, which includes getting extremely anxious when making phone calls. Therefore I don't want to call unless it's definitely necessary.

If it been more than 4 weeks i d ask your uni disability adviser to chase them up again:smile:
Are you sure just having social anxiety makes you eligible for DSA?
Reply 3
Original post by shawn_o1

Yes. I have a CAHMS report for a diagnosis. And I specifically received a letter from SFE saying I am entitled to DSA. I wasn't expecting to be eligible but I am :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by prophetkid

I just realised I spelt "hear" wrong in the title >_<
Not sure how to change it.

Sometimes the website can be a little slow with updating. But definitely keep following it up!

Well, obviously yes, they don't hand DSA out that easily. You're not her needs assessor so how would you know how it affects her ability to study?

There's nothing just about it. It is a debilitating condition which can ruin peoples lives.

Quick Reply

Latest