The Student Room Group

Explore Learning Assessment Day

Hi,

I've reached the final round of interviews for an Assistant Director position at Explore Learning and I have the assessment day next Tuesday (9th).

Has anybody been through it before or can anybody that works for the company give me any advice? This is my first big grad application so I am very nervous!

On the day, I complete two interviews and give a marketing presentation about how I would use a remote marketing unit. I also do a role-play as if I was pitching to a teacher of a school. I'll also be doing a surprise individual task and some group work. Any advice would be very appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Clare
Reply 1
Hi Clare,

I have an interview this Thursday (11th), its only a first stage interview just wondered if you had any advice? Its for Assistant director

Also, how did you get on in the 2nd stage? Do you have any advice about that too??

Thanks, been searching everywhere but yours is the most recent!

Steph
Reply 2
Hi Clare and Steph,

I had my first round interview yesterday.
How did you get on in yours Steph, and have you heard back yet? So nervous to hear whether I'm through to the next stage or not! Which centre did you have your first round interview in? I hope it went well for you. :smile:

Lara
Reply 3
Hey Lara,

I heard back after 3 days, its a real nerve wracking wait I know!! I have got a second interview though but I am just really nervous about that! I think its going to be really intense! Its not until 3rd May so I've got some time to prepare!

I did my first round at Bury, its in Greater Manchester where was yours?

Let me know when you've heard back! Good Luck! xxx
Reply 4
Hi all, I've been invited to a first stage interview and was wondering if those who had passed this stage can still remember what was involved in the first stage interview? I'm still waiting for them to email me back with a interview time and place, hope its sooner rather than later tbh!

Thank you for any info you have!
Hi! I've got my first round interview for Assistant Director next Wednesday, I just wondered if you had any advice at all? I'm a little nervous and would love to hear from you!
Reply 6
Original post by clarethlarly
Hi,

I've reached the final round of interviews for an Assistant Director position at Explore Learning and I have the assessment day next Tuesday (9th).

Has anybody been through it before or can anybody that works for the company give me any advice? This is my first big grad application so I am very nervous!

On the day, I complete two interviews and give a marketing presentation about how I would use a remote marketing unit. I also do a role-play as if I was pitching to a teacher of a school. I'll also be doing a surprise individual task and some group work. Any advice would be very appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Clare

Well done on getting through the first stage interview - I applied last year and fell down in the interview on my lack of confidence / selling myself. I'm reapplying this year though as the past year I've done so many interviews I definitely don't think nerves will be a problem anymore.

How did the assessment centre go, did you get through? And what's the 'feel' of it?

Original post by Hannahjayne0710
Hi! I've got my first round interview for Assistant Director next Wednesday, I just wondered if you had any advice at all? I'm a little nervous and would love to hear from you!

Hey how did it go, did you get through? As you can see above I'm reapplying this year, I got to the interview but not to the assessment centre last time.
Hello
Well done to those of you who reached the final stages :smile:
Does anyone have any hints/tips for the first round interview? In particular, the role play and main interview?
Thanks!
Hi,

This is a really old thread but I was wondering if anyone got the Assistant Director job at Explore Learning?

I'm really keen to apply and wondered what people would consider to be the benefits and drawbacks of the role!

Thank you!
Original post by Iloveowls123
Hi,

This is a really old thread but I was wondering if anyone got the Assistant Director job at Explore Learning?

I'm really keen to apply and wondered what people would consider to be the benefits and drawbacks of the role!

Thank you!

Hi, you'd be better off starting a new thread to ask this question, as new threads tend to get more and better responses.

Just quoting in TSR Moderator to close (sorry, don't know who the CA for this is) :smile:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending