The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nutter_butter93
I just received an email from Nadine stating that there was still no update but she hopes to be in touch soon. Does that mean that I don't even have a post? Could be a chance I don't even get one. total joke

I doubt that's the case, there's a lot of us in the same situation they can't just deny us all a post so I'd just sit tight. Even though it's ridiculous that we've had to wait so long.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rosschaps
Yessir

Hey! I'm in BIS too! What document did it say about the assessment at the end of the scheme?
Original post by Tanyaevans01
Hey! I'm in BIS too! What document did it say about the assessment at the end of the scheme?

Have you received this document - I've only had the Disclosure Scotland form? Met with my manger and he knew less then I did about it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone got HM Treasury in London for business admin and heard anything back?
Just wondering what peoples start dates are like (for those who know)
Is it beggining/mid/end September?
Do you have to have the Disclosure check completed first before you are even given a start date?
All up to date in mine now, one of my (many) emails regarding the online DBS check email not arriving resulted in me being called today, it turned out my email was sent on the 31st but for some reason it never showed up in my email account - they resent it for me and it showed up about an hour ago.

The form for the online DBS thing is pretty simple and you just log into the DBS site using the username/password you are provided and fill in all the info and that's it, it states on the email i received that you aren't actually required to send the DBS certificate to the HMRC once you receive it - unless it actually shows any convictions.

So all done for me now, according to the email all that is left for me now is for them to contact my references and that's it.
Original post by ZiggyMoff
All up to date in mine now, one of my (many) emails regarding the online DBS check email not arriving resulted in me being called today, it turned out my email was sent on the 31st but for some reason it never showed up in my email account - they resent it for me and it showed up about an hour ago.

The form for the online DBS thing is pretty simple and you just log into the DBS site using the username/password you are provided and fill in all the info and that's it, it states on the email i received that you aren't actually required to send the DBS certificate to the HMRC once you receive it - unless it actually shows any convictions.

So all done for me now, according to the email all that is left for me now is for them to contact my references and that's it.

happy days, your lucky. I await reply to yesterdays emails. Fingers crossed I get sorted soon. once references are sorted your start date will be when?? have you been told about salary etc?
Are we the only HMRC Manchester business admin on here? anyone else?
Reply 1747
Has anyone else been placed at the Department of Work & Pensions in Birmingham? :smile:
Original post by arnie118
happy days, your lucky. I await reply to yesterdays emails. Fingers crossed I get sorted soon. once references are sorted your start date will be when?? have you been told about salary etc?
Are we the only HMRC Manchester business admin on here? anyone else?

I've been told as long as everything is sorted OK and there are no issues my start date should be the 7th of September, I've heard nothing on salary as of yet and am hoping i get that soon. At this moment all i want to know about regarding salary is, is it weekly, fortnightly or monthly paid - I'd just like to know how far ahead i need to plan my finances.

I do know that in HMRC Manchester there is 10 apprentices positioned there, I'm not sure how many are fast track or operational delivery (I'm OD) - but i was told there was 10.
(edited 8 years ago)
I've been told as long as everything is sorted OK and there are no issues my start date should be the 7th of September, I've heard nothing on salary as of yet and am hoping i get that soon. At this moment all i want to know about regarding salary is, is it weekly, fortnightly or monthly paid - I'd just like to know how far ahead i need to plan my finances.

I do know that in HMRC Manchester there is 10 apprentices positioned there, I'm not sure how many are fast track or operational delivery (I'm OD) - but i was told there was 10.

Ok good stuff, you've gave me more info than they have lol
Civil service is all monthly pay, I'm sure everyone including us will be the same. Doubt we would be any different.
Original post by arnie118
Ok good stuff, you've gave me more info than they have lol
Civil service is all monthly pay, I'm sure everyone including us will be the same. Doubt we would be any different.

Cheers for the info, bit of a bummer for me. I'm coming off JSA and as they no longer do back to work bonus/job grants, its gonna be a bugger to last the month or so on my last JSA payment - I'll do it though :biggrin:.
Cheers for the info, bit of a bummer for me. I'm coming off JSA and as they no longer do back to work bonus/job grants, its gonna be a bugger to last the month or so on my last JSA payment - I'll do it though :biggrin:.

I work for HMRC at the moment as an ODP apprentice and you can apply for a salary advance, so you can receive maybe half your pay in the middle of the month and receive the rest at the end. That could be something to look into for your situation :smile: I know when we started that was something that was offered to help people out as you don't get paid until the last day of the month (and we started on the 1st).
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by nutter_butter93
I work for HMRC at the moment as an ODP apprentice and you can apply for a salary advance, so you can receive maybe half your pay in the middle of the month and receive the rest at the end. That could be something to look into for your situation :smile: I know when we started that was something that was offered to help people out as you don't get paid until the last day of the month (and we started on the 1st).

Interesting, i will have to look into this as this would be very handy indeed to help with my situation - thanks.

How did it work on the 1st pay (if you don't mind me asking)?, you say you started on the 1st and the pay was on the last day of the month - did you get a full month or was a week or so deducted as though it was working a week in hand?.

Oh so have some received a DBS to fill out online then?
Original post by eviebings
Oh so have some received a DBS to fill out online then?

Some have yes, when i was 1st contacted i was told it was going to be done via regular forms when i attended my appointment, but when i got there i was told they had set it up for some departments to be able to do the check via filling in an online form - i believe all of HMRC is doing the DBS check via online. When i was on the phone earlier i had to ask about what to put as the job title as there isn't much room for it, I was told loads had asked the same question.

This was in my email, I've edited out the email address and organisation reference and password for obvious reasons, but this explains it.

Criminal Record Checks

All civil servants must have at least basic criminal record checks completed before they are cleared to work on site. Though you were asked to complete a paper application we will now be using Disclosure and Barring Service for your application and this will be online. Please use the link below to make your application:

https://********************

To start your application please use the details provided below:

Organisation Reference **********

Password **********

You will not be expected to make payment for this as HMRC will pick up the cost.

To prevent any delays in the pre-employment checking process we ask that you complete this form as soon as possible.

We will not need to view the certificate once it has arrived at your home address, unless it shows a criminal record. If so I will need to see a scan of it so that I can confirm that it is spent and clear - please email the scan to *****@*****.gsi.gov.uk as soon as you receive it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kay1995
In london

I've been placed in MoJ in London, specifically in one of the executive agencies - NOMS. Have you heard anything about what department of the MoJ you'll be placed in?
Original post by DanielleWills
I've been placed in MoJ in London, specifically in one of the executive agencies - NOMS. Have you heard anything about what department of the MoJ you'll be placed in?

No I haven't heard anything yet apart from MoJ, do you know your start date or anything else yet?
I'll let you know when I hear back from them.
Reply 1757
Had an email saying that i will b an ODP leader and manager in HMRC Cumbernauld. Does anyone know ODP stands for?
Original post by NH99
Had an email saying that i will b an ODP leader and manager in HMRC Cumbernauld. Does anyone know ODP stands for?

Operational Delivery Profession - you would be a team leader to someone like me :tongue: (i will be an Operational Delivery Administrative Officer).

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/civil-service-operational-delivery-profession
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1759
Oh ok thanks for the info

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending