The Student Room Group

Edexcel igcse English Language B

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ahmar0786
Those are the hardest for me, u shuld have done favourite time of the year, it was easy...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I couldn't think of anything to write so it wouldn't have been easy, I'm not good as describing
Original post by holly1798
Well it was all going well and then all of a sudden I remembered the 400 words thing and I just froze and forget eveyhtig I was going to write

I'm very embarassed to say that I didn't even know about the 400 words until I just looked back at a past paper.. whoops! I write about six words a line so I should've written about sixty lines then - how many lines are on a page? I wrote about four pages so hopefully I'll be all right...

The source material for the exam was definitely a bit strange and some questions on Section A threw me off a little! Question 10 was fine, but then Section B was definitely a curveball. I think it went all right though - fingers crossed! I was quite happy with Section C.
U just described my exam, only thing I wrote like 340 words in section c

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 103
Original post by Jithvan
I'm Doing it x_x
Many people on my side of the world are doing it. Teachers say English B is Easier than English A, and that the reason we are doing it is because the certificate for doing any one of them is the same and that they each carry the same academic credit xD

Sorry to have to put it to you, but your teachers are misinformed. English Language A, a literature based paper, is much easier than English Language B, a purely Language based paper.

The marking and standards of Language B is high as it is based on the old GCE O-Level English Language exam which was the hardest GCSE level English exam among all the boards.

Language A is admittedly more unusual from a teaching perspective but it I indeed rather easy, imagine it like Mathematics A is to Mathematics B.

And for international students, it is always better to take Language B as many top Asian universities require a high proficiency in English, many do not accept Language A as a valid O-Level subject. Within in UK though it really doesn't make much of a difference.
Are you guys ready for results day??
Definitely - gotten to the point now where I just want to know! How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LauraHarryC
Definitely - gotten to the point now where I just want to know! How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here! Just wish I had them now....
Reply 109
I'm happy with the grade boundaries :smile: What about you guys? I'm nervous for tomorrow :/ I hope you all get the grade you've hoped for!
How did you guys do?

I was hoping for a C but so happy to find out I got A*! :biggrin:

I hope you get the results you wanted!
Original post by LauraHarryC
How did you guys do?

I was hoping for a C but so happy to find out I got A*! :biggrin:

I hope you get the results you wanted!

On the way to get mine now 😁 really hope I get a B

Well done though! An A*!!!!
Reply 112
I'm so happy! I got an A* and I wasn't expecting it!

Well done everyone on your results, I hope you're happy with them :smile:
I got an A* as well!!
Reply 114
Original post by holly1798
I got an A* as well!!

Well done!!! :smile:
Well done guys! :smile:
Can anyone here please guide me on how to answer the long question (the last one) of section A to achieve highest score.
I really can't figure out how to structure the answer and what to include. If i have to compare the texts side be side or just state points in favor of my chosen text and one in against of it. It would be helpful if anyone here would share any sample answer.
Is anyone doing the 3h exam the 28th? Any ideas about question 2???
2 days to go 😳😳😳
Original post by Stellina7
2 days to go 😳😳😳

Good luck....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending