The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

We know Vince would've been gone in days if this was a less niche industry like the NBA.

It would've been reported and there'd be uproar, and he'd have been forced out. Maybe he wouldn't have resigned, because it's Vince, but sponsors and the networks would've fidgeted over the increased coverage. Linda's political ambitions would've forced his hand too. All his past transgressions, racism, on-screen womanising, all the skits with DX in blackface, Katie Vick, the media would've come down hard. It'd be like Blatter, he stayed under the radar despite open dodginess and comments for over a decade, but one thing happens and he's suddenly the biggest story and it won't stop.

And thanks for the insult heavyhandscott, I really appreciate you coming into this thread to insult everyone, you're such a big man.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2881
**** me this is ridiculous. You lot should just take this somewhere else.

Anybody catch Paige on Stone Cold last night? Really illuminating. I really like her work - she works hard in the ring and has her craft honed considering how young she is. She needs another run with the strap for sure, but she doesn't need the belt to stay relevant. I think her grittiness and punk edge is perfectly set off against the twee, faux Kardashian nature of Brie/Nikki.
Original post by Mackay

Erm, this is the WWE thread isn't it?

How is this any worse than you posting random nonsense in this thread whenever someone posts? At least we're talking, you just try to attention-grab from what I've seen by ignoring everyone's posts and trying to get them to reply to your ones.
Original post by ozzyoscy

Yet another arguing post from heavyhandscott. Solid contribution as always.

Note all the typos. Rather than getting enraged, why not just not reply if you're our saviour and talk about WWE? Thus the argument ends, I've nothing to reply to. But it appears it's down to me to stop you, so let me show you how it's done:

Im not an a**hole in any way but provoke me and start an argument with me and Ill stand up for myself until either I accept what you are saying or you accept what I am saying.

This is not an ego thing, this is not me being up my own rear end, this is me doing what I like doing and putting things straight. I fully believe I was right to make my original comment and when I was challenged by someone else I have every right to fight back.

Unless your next comment provokes me much I would like to say thats just about all I have to say. I knew what I intended from the start and know I did no wrong.

The typos I couldnt care less about, Im not spending any more time than I have to making my replies as proving my points of view.
Original post by Mackay

Anybody catch Paige on Stone Cold last night? Really illuminating. I really like her work - she works hard in the ring and has her craft honed considering how young she is. She needs another run with the strap for sure, but she doesn't need the belt to stay relevant. I think her grittiness and punk edge is perfectly set off against the twee, faux Kardashian nature of Brie/Nikki.

Ive just finished watching it online. It was weird to hear her because she brings something that we havent really seen or heard from a diva before. It opened my eyes a lot too (I am a fan of Paige and before the revolution felt sorry for her having to put up with all what was happening with the Divas Division) because she is a "10 year veteran".

Thats quite a while to be honest and the fact she is only 13 makes her stand out that little bit better. I guess she is what a member of the roster should be, unique and different.

Oh, I wouldnt fancy a night out with her anymore, she drinks Beer and Whiskey. Ew.
Original post by heavyhandscott
Im not an a**hole in any way

You resurrected an argument to insult everyone in this thread and have derailed the last page or so. What is it with people? 'I'm not a racist but the n-word is ok when it's funny', 'I'm not an a-hole but you're all sad'
Original post by Neverdie
You resurrected an argument to insult everyone in this thread and have derailed the last page or so. What is it with people? 'I'm not a racist but the n-word is ok when it's funny', 'I'm not an ******* but you're all sad'

Well sorry for insulting you, but I thought that the arguments were getting out of hand and my opinion was that these "sad" people had taken things too far and had made the posts uninteresting.

That is very hypocritical of me to say, considering there is still more arguing going on primarily because of a comment made by myself but I didnt intend for this to happen.

And that bit about the racism, did I say that or are you using it as an example?
Well sorry for insulting you, but I thought that the arguments were getting out of hand and my opinion was that these "sad" people had taken things too far and had made the posts uninteresting.

That is very hypocritical of me to say, considering there is still more arguing going on primarily because of a comment made by myself but I didnt intend for this to happen.

And that bit about the racism, did I say that or are you using it as an example?

It's what Excuse Me! said, that's why people were arguing. Not so much with each other, just people trying to tell him what's wrong, it wasn't like a free-for-all.

No one forces you to read every post btw, and you don't have a right to tell others how to use the site.

No one forces you to read every post btw, and you don't have a right to tell others how to use the site.

Of course, I totally understand. I myself havent read every single post, probably not many of us have.

I have no right at all to tell others how to use this site you are right, but I advised everyone to stop arguing and focus more about the Wrestling, at the end of the day I cant stop people arguing.

I was just doing what I thought was right in the act of trying to get others to calm down, I never intended to cause any further arguments.

Ive seen a few posts trying to get back on topic so I will now continue in doing so.
Reply 2889
Erm, this is the WWE thread isn't it?

How is this any worse than you posting random nonsense in this thread whenever someone posts? At least we're talking, you just try to attention-grab from what I've seen by ignoring everyone's posts and trying to get them to reply to your ones.

What on Earth are you on about? This is the WWE thread, so why are we not discussing it? I'm all for heated discussion on wrestling, but the majority of the last few pages has been just cheap shots and people calling out others for being sadder than them.
Reply 2890
Ive just finished watching it online. It was weird to hear her because she brings something that we havent really seen or heard from a diva before. It opened my eyes a lot too (I am a fan of Paige and before the revolution felt sorry for her having to put up with all what was happening with the Divas Division) because she is a "10 year veteran".

Thats quite a while to be honest and the fact she is only 13 makes her stand out that little bit better. I guess she is what a member of the roster should be, unique and different.

Oh, I wouldnt fancy a night out with her anymore, she drinks Beer and Whiskey. Ew.

Think you mean 23 mate! Haha. 13 would be wrong.

Yeah, she's a veteran. That's mad. I think she got into it through her family and it's great to see Brits doing well in the WWE. I'd love a Brit-style faction, actually. Sheamus, Barrett and a heel Paige. That'd be great. Maybe throw in a heel Cesaro later down the line to make it a European/un-American style group.

I don't think Neville will ever be a successful heel, so it's best for him to steer clear.
Original post by Mackay
What on Earth are you on about? This is the WWE thread, so why are we not discussing it? I'm all for heated discussion on wrestling, but the majority of the last few pages has been just cheap shots and people calling out others for being sadder than them.

WWE was being discussed. If you don't like some of the things people discuss, or want to look for an insult-fest in everything, go leave and find a forum that suits your more like 4chan or something.
We know Vince would've been gone in days if this was a less niche industry like the NBA.

I think something like that did happen in the NBA a while ago.
Can we have a new thread and ban retards like Longshot and Scott?
Original post by Depleted
Can we have a new thread and ban retards like Longshot and Scott?

"sado" vs "retards" hah.... HYPOCRITE
Original post by Mackay
Think you mean 23 mate! Haha. 13 would be wrong.

Yeah, she's a veteran. That's mad. I think she got into it through her family and it's great to see Brits doing well in the WWE. I'd love a Brit-style faction, actually. Sheamus, Barrett and a heel Paige. That'd be great. Maybe throw in a heel Cesaro later down the line to make it a European/un-American style group.

I don't think Neville will ever be a successful heel, so it's best for him to steer clear.

i got confused haha! she started at 13, so lay off :wink: Yeah I think youve said it a few times... Have to say it would be a fresh idea from the usual stables we have (not consisting of more than 3 people excluding the Authority).

However they are all kinda getting on with their own thing with story lines so it would be hard to book it all together. Having said that, Im sure there have been harder bookings that were pulled off.

What do you think of Lesnar V Taker and Cena V Rollins then?

Neville is slipping down from the potential he had, he doesnt have any mic work and is just.. there. Heartbreaking (kayfabe) considering I coul drive to his street, gym, wrerstling school or whatever in under 20 mins. My local hero.

Original post by Mackay

12th commandment, thou shall not intentionally provoke Mackay.

Vince tried NBA? Well ive heard of XFL and we know how well that went
Reply 2897
i got confused haha! she started at 13, so lay off :wink: Yeah I think youve said it a few times... Have to say it would be a fresh idea from the usual stables we have (not consisting of more than 3 people excluding the Authority).

However they are all kinda getting on with their own thing with story lines so it would be hard to book it all together. Having said that, Im sure there have been harder bookings that were pulled off.

What do you think of Lesnar V Taker and Cena V Rollins then?

It's a shame that factions are on the back burner these days. The Nexus were amazing, but they've been the last ones. The Authority doesn't really count, in truth.

Another good idea floating around the internet was that Paige could be Wyatt's 'Sister Abigail'. A heel turn and a darker change of character would be amazing for her.

I really like Lesnar and Undertaker, but I'm unsure whether it's a good idea to make Lesnar defeated.

Having Rollins take on Cena is sensible. Both are solid workers, can gel well in a match to create good chemistry, and are both high-profile. I doubt Rollins will drop the belt. I expect Reigns to eventually win it off him.
Original post by Mackay
It's a shame that factions are on the back burner these days. The Nexus were amazing, but they've been the last ones. The Authority doesn't really count, in truth.

Another good idea floating around the internet was that Paige could be Wyatt's 'Sister Abigail'. A heel turn and a darker change of character would be amazing for her.

I really like Lesnar and Undertaker, but I'm unsure whether it's a good idea to make Lesnar defeated.

Having Rollins take on Cena is sensible. Both are solid workers, can gel well in a match to create good chemistry, and are both high-profile. I doubt Rollins will drop the belt. I expect Reigns to eventually win it off him.

Nah its not quite the same. Or the Corre, which were smackdowns version I think. Ive missed everything from mid 2009 until this time last year.

Yeah I love how he is back and still healthy. We used to always say he spent the whole year recovering and resting, perhaps we were wrong. Its funny as soon as a picture of him in a gym comes online he is back.

I dont want taker to lose but dont want Brock to either. I think Brock will lose then MAYBE a rematch at WM 32 where Taker loses and Brock ends the next best thing to Taker (his career). Brock will probably be used in the main event picture though.

Cena Rollins is a good idea. I cant see either man losing their belts so somehow feel Kane will interfere to either screw Seth or help him (that way WWE continue to make Rollins look weak because thats what theyre doing and nobody drops title)

Paige is too much at the centre of the Revolution ATM I think shes the most popular diva so now wouldnt really be the time

Vince tried NBA? Well ive heard of XFL and we know how well that went

Quick Reply

Latest