The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nicola1806
x

I think it means you're being offered something--I got the forms too, and then on Friday a phonecall from the Department for Education offering me a job, so I imagine you'll hear back pretty soon.
When did you get the forms sent to you?
Original post by nicola1806
When did you get the forms sent to you?

I think it was the 29th?
Reply 3303
Original post by TritonSails
I think it was the 29th?

If you don't mind me asking, are you accepting the job? Congratulations by the way!
Reply 3304
Hi there, for those of you who received offers for direct appointment, would you mind sharing what were your FSAC scores? Many thanks!
Original post by vr02
Hi there, for those of you who received offers for direct appointment, would you mind sharing what were your FSAC scores? Many thanks!

I got 15.4, still not heard anything yet though
Original post by A3561
x

Yes, it looks interesting and I think I'm unlikely to get any better offer at this point. Thanks!

Original post by vr02

I got 15.7 IIRC
Oh god, I think they duped me with that email and got my hopes up. I got a 13.77 score - I definitely have no chance of getting a position through this route.

Was wondering why I hadn't heard anything yet.
Original post by robboadam31
Oh god, I think they duped me with that email and got my hopes up. I got a 13.77 score - I definitely have no chance of getting a position through this route.

Don't worry, I got 13.75, so at least you won't be last in the queue! Haha.

They said that there was that many positions that have arisen we'd be very likely to be offered a position, just a matter of time, I reckon. Doubt they're going highest scores first, you're matched by the recruiters and file sent. Much more likely that they'll match scores with job description. If you've a lower overall score, nothing to say you didn't score higher on a particular area.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi all,

Is there any hope for anybody who has not had a notification either way yet (after the assessment centre) or should I assume that it is not good news ? Not easy reading all the comments on here and still waiting. Are the remainder still on the 'amber route' or just awaiting a rejection letter ? Any insider information would be most gratefully received. Cheers.
(edited 8 years ago)

Yeah I wouldn't get too stressed about your score, you might have specific skills that they're looking for too.
Reply 3311
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone, (especially the people who have already got offers) has put down a later starting date? I put mine down for 21st September as that's when I finish my masters, so was thinking that this might probably delay their reply to my application.

Cheers
Original post by JHart1865
Don't worry, I got 13.75, so at least you won't be last in the queue! Haha.

They said that there was that many positions that have arisen we'd be very likely to be offered a position, just a matter of time, I reckon. Doubt they're going highest scores first, you're matched by the recruiters and file sent. Much more likely that they'll match scores with job description. If you've a lower overall score, nothing to say you didn't score higher on a particular area.

Yeah, true. Are they gonna be matching people up from now until December? Or do you think there'll be a cutoff point whereby if you haven't heard back you haven't got anything? I just hate waiting around and getting all hoped up......
Original post by B2593
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone, (especially the people who have already got offers) has put down a later starting date? I put mine down for 21st September as that's when I finish my masters, so was thinking that this might probably delay their reply to my application.

Cheers

I put it as 1 month from accepting a position, or 31st October, whichever is sooner. I'm on a 4 month fixed term contract but still gotta give 1 months notice. I'm not sure whether it would make too much of a difference, but I guess if they're desperate for someone to start ASAP they'll choose those that are a bit more free.
Reply 3314
I think the original letter said it would be until December

I know what u mean though, ever since reading that people have got offers I've been checking my email every two minutes

Here's to hoping we hear soon!
Reply 3315
Hey guys, congratulations to everyone who's been successful this year!

I applied for the Economist Stream in the first round and found out by December that I got through. I was then allocated to a department by March, and received confirmation of passing the security checks in July.

However, since then I haven't heard anything about a start date, or if there will be an induction day. Does anybody have any further information on this?

I look forward to meeting you all.
Reply 3316
For people who have been offered a post through the direct appointments were you offered it before you had sent in all the relevant documents (e.g. degree certificate etc.) or do they wait until they have everything?
I've sent everything in and even got my degree certificate sent back to me, but still not been offered anything :/
Original post by ccp_12
For people who have been offered a post through the direct appointments were you offered it before you had sent in all the relevant documents (e.g. degree certificate etc.) or do they wait until they have everything?

I got my phone call before I sent anything back besides the forms you can email. However I still haven't heard anything back from the 'appointments team', only the people I'm actually going to be working with. I actually still haven't sent back the forms because I'm on holiday.
Reply 3319

I've just heard this morning and I got 14.18 - I'm pretty sure the actual score has very little to do with it. I hope you hear soon! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending