The Student Room Group
University logo
Abertay University

Ethical hacking 2015 entry

Hi, I was wondering who's applied for ethical hacking at abertay and if anyone has received an offer yet?! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses. :redface:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h: It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. :h: Hope this helps! :h:
University logo
Abertay University
I've applied for ethical hacking, haven't heard anything yet though.
Reply 3
Original post by rebeccamcdermott
Hi, I was wondering who's applied for ethical hacking at abertay and if anyone has received an offer yet?! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've applied for Ethical hacking and I've received a conditional offer 3 days ago :smile:
I got an unconditional today! Over the moon haha
Original post by Davidjelly
I got an unconditional today! Over the moon haha

I got my unconditional too!! Well done!! See you there if that's your first choice :smile:
Original post by giulia96
I've applied for Ethical hacking and I've received a conditional offer 3 days ago :smile:

Congratulations! I got an unconditional offer today :biggrin:
Reply 7
Congratulations! I got an unconditional offer today :biggrin:

Im going to be studying it also, have you applied for accommodation?
Original post by coolz123
Im going to be studying it also, have you applied for accommodation?

Hey, I put it as my second choice as I would much rather study in Glasgow but I think i might not make the conditions of my first choice so I'm unsure what to do. I won't know until 2 weeks time :frown:
Reply 9
Hey, I put it as my second choice as I would much rather study in Glasgow but I think i might not make the conditions of my first choice so I'm unsure what to do. I won't know until 2 weeks time :frown:

I wanted to go to Glasgow but the courses uni stats put me off if I'm honest, but it is a better city, theres pros and cons! :3 good luck anyways! Why two weeks?
Original post by coolz123
I wanted to go to Glasgow but the courses uni stats put me off if I'm honest, but it is a better city, theres pros and cons! :3 good luck anyways! Why two weeks?

I already live in Glasgow so it was just the case of not having to move away from my job, family and friends but if I need to, I need to! Thank you! And exam results on the 4th to see if I met my conditions!
Reply 11
I will be studying Ethical Hacking, got my unconditional today. Any of you guys staying at Parker House?
Original post by Anroca
I will be studying Ethical Hacking, got my unconditional today. Any of you guys staying at Parker House?

Sweet, Nan Victoria chambers man! But hope to see you there! I'm quite excited for the course, the first year is just introductions to everything I think!
Reply 13
As far as I know the first year is the same for Ethical Hacking, Computing and Computing & Networks; with only a few topics that differ.
Firstly, big congratulations to everyone who got their results and are coming to Abertay! :smile:

Original post by Anroca

Can't wait to see you later this month, Anroca! Have you joined the Parker House resident group? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1763170303907452
Original post by Anroca

Well done!! See you there! And I'm staying at a flat with my sister she goes to Dundee Uni :biggrin:
Ohh it says the start date is 31st August but when I checked the orientation week timetable it says that we don't start until Tuesday 1st September? 😂😂
Reply 17
Ohh it says the start date is 31st August but when I checked the orientation week timetable it says that we don't start until Tuesday 1st September? 😂😂

I'd certainly hope that was the case I am having a real issue finding a lift down to Dundee on the monday, that extra day would make it a lot easier.

Funnily enough I also have a sister in Dundee Uni, unfortunately for me its a smaller flat and she is on her last year. Although, saying that, I have no doubt that she will still be a good help initially in terms of where to go and where not to go.
Original post by Prodigy Living
Firstly, big congratulations to everyone who got their results and are coming to Abertay! :smile:
Can't wait to see you later this month, Anroca! Have you joined the Parker House resident group? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1763170303907452

I've actually had a bit of an issue with my accommodation at parker house, both my girlfriend and I have received an email from ParkerHouse requesting the following:

"Both you and your guarantor will need to accept and sign the Tenancy Agreement.You’ll recall from our earlier email that we allow 7 days for the signature to be received, after which time we might not be able to hold the room for you."

However, neither my Girlfriend nor I have received any sort of login information that would allow us to access the link provided and hence we are both unable to sign the agreement. We also never received the 'earlier email' so neither of us have any details on our apartment. All I know is that I have a silver room and she has a bronze - they are both in block A but not of the same shared area.
Original post by Anroca
I'd certainly hope that was the case I am having a real issue finding a lift down to Dundee on the monday, that extra day would make it a lot easier.

Funnily enough I also have a sister in Dundee Uni, unfortunately for me its a smaller flat and she is on her last year. Although, saying that, I have no doubt that she will still be a good help initially in terms of where to go and where not to go.

Me too! I probably wouldn't be able to make it down until Monday night so I'm glad it's the Tuesday (I think).
Original post by Anroca

I've actually had a bit of an issue with my accommodation at parker house, both my girlfriend and I have received an email from ParkerHouse requesting the following:

"Both you and your guarantor will need to accept and sign the Tenancy Agreement.You’ll recall from our earlier email that we allow 7 days for the signature to be received, after which time we might not be able to hold the room for you."

However, neither my Girlfriend nor I have received any sort of login information that would allow us to access the link provided and hence we are both unable to sign the agreement. We also never received the 'earlier email' so neither of us have any details on our apartment. All I know is that I have a silver room and she has a bronze - they are both in block A but not of the same shared area.

Hey Anroca, that's really strange that you haven't received that information.

Could you please contact Parker House directly (01382 221 980 or [email protected]), and they'll be able to send you the information and ensure that your contact details are correct.

Quick Reply

Latest