The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone else think Giroud will score 50+, really think this is his season to jump from 2nd tier strikers (Lewa, Costa, Aguero) to the creme de la creme eg Messi.
Reply 4441
Was thinking about the comments from the director about us potentially signing a striker. He said Arsene did identify a player but the team he plays for has no real reason to spend, and if they do get in a replacement we will go for him. He said he thinks that the player is likely to come if all falls in to place.

Obviously I'm not looking in to it too much but I've been wondering who that could potentially be. I don't think its Benzema if I'm honest, we've been linked to him for a while, even before we got Ozil. I don't think its Lewandowski because Bayern do actually need him, he's only been there for a year and they really don't need to sell him.

I've been wondering if its Cavani. Yeah PSG don't really need to sell him because he's set to take over Ibra and all, but I don't think thats why he's still there. It could be that Di Maria is his replacement, and that we could potentially bid for him if Di Maria goes there. Would make sense if PSG want to keep out of trouble with FFP (not that it matters tbh)

Cavani would obviously add to the squad but I'm not convinced he would be worth the £40m that he is likely to cost.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4442
Us going for Cavani is not the point here, the point is if we really need him. How it would effect our system, how much it would effect our midfielders and if he would genuinely improve us. A year or two ago it would have been a no brainer but now, I'm honestly not sure.
Original post by Ibrahimbasar
Does anyone else think Giroud will score 50+, really think this is his season to jump from 2nd tier strikers (Lewa, Costa, Aguero) to the creme de la creme eg Messi.

-10/10
Reply 4444
Think this season will be massive for Giroud, Ozil and Ox.
Original post by The Shed End
-10/10

Tehehehe remember when he held the ball up? The lads world class.
City have only Aguero and Bony as their recognised strikers after letting Jovetic and Dzeko go.

could start a striker merry go round
Also as transfer news has been slow recently, managed to pree GeoffArsenal's daughter on instagram. 9/10. one of her model friends is a 10/10.
They'll bid a British transfer record for Kane imo.
Reply 4449
Original post by swirly
City have only Aguero and Bony as their recognised strikers after letting Jovetic and Dzeko go.

could start a striker merry go round

City assuming they'll be alright with Bony with an injury prone Aguero and letting Dzeko go is as logical as Liverpool thinking they'll be alright with Balotelli and Lambert and letting Suarez go..
Original post by swirly
Also as transfer news has been slow recently, managed to pree GeoffArsenal's daughter on instagram. 9/10. one of her model friends is a 10/10.

Names
Original post by The Shed End
Names

https://instagram.com/gracedarcycraig/

scroll back to the topless shoot 21 weeks ago:colone:
(edited 8 years ago)
In layman's terms: I'd suck her fart through a straw.
Original post by Tom.x.Gotze
In layman's terms: I'd suck her fart through a straw.

scroll through her twitter, and find the picture of her friend texting her that she curled her hair and now the waiter's hitting on her and its making her feel awks, and then click on her profile. 10/10

erm. yeah.
Original post by swirly
, and does it on the big stage for England

****ing loled, since when is Lithuania away and Andorra away "the big stage"
Original post by swirly
https://instagram.com/gracedarcycraig/

scroll back to the topless shoot 21 weeks ago:colone:

Cheers for airing out tonight's material :wink:
Original post by leinad2012
Cheers for airing out tonight's material :wink:

anything for the #goonerfamily
#yagunnersya