The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL Postgraduate Applicants/Offer Holders 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by VBV1
Fair enough. They did mention, my application will not be judged on how late my references are uploaded. They understand it's a busy time for lectures to give references.

I've applied for the MA - Terrorism Security and Society. Good Luck

I also applied for that programme! It took almost 12 weeks to get my offer.

Are you planning to start this year?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by wdz
Hey guys, has anyone received their CAS number as yet? I can't wait to be done with visa formalities!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea I got my CAS number last week
Reply 382
I am in the same position! I am so glad I wasn't the only one. My second reference just got uploaded 2 days ago.
How long do you think ill get a reply by?
They were willing to assess my application with one reference but if it was weak then they would need to wait for the 2nd.
Have you got an offer yet?

Posted
from TSR Mobile
Reply 383
Hey, I've also applied within the War Studies department. Which program are you planning to study ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone help me out, I got a conditional offer. It says I need an average grade of 65%. However, I have already sent them my transcript and degree certificate. I have achieved 65% in my degree but my average grade including my first years is lower than that. They have already seen this though.

Can anyone reassure me that I'll be ok? Or just give me some thoughts.

Thanks
Original post by EdwardOakes1
Can anyone help me out, I got a conditional offer. It says I need an average grade of 65%. However, I have already sent them my transcript and degree certificate. I have achieved 65% in my degree but my average grade including my first years is lower than that. They have already seen this though.

Can anyone reassure me that I'll be ok? Or just give me some thoughts.

Thanks

This sounds strange, as based on your description you have a conditional offer with a condition that refers to circumstances which are already in the past. I think you need to clarify this with them directly as we would only be speculating here. Have you emailed/called them?
Reply 386
Anyone with an offer in engineering and management program.
I've recently received my unconditional offer for the MA Medical Law and Ethics after submitting my final degree transcript. Where's everyone thinking for accommodation? I've put in for halls but I don't really fancy my chances, what with being a UK student and a postgrad. Has anyone else applied to undergrad/postgrad mixed halls?
Original post by natcagLLB
I've recently received my unconditional offer for the MA Medical Law and Ethics after submitting my final degree transcript. Where's everyone thinking for accommodation? I've put in for halls but I don't really fancy my chances, what with being a UK student and a postgrad. Has anyone else applied to undergrad/postgrad mixed halls?

Yeah, I've applied to the halls as well.
So when does enrolment start? Has anyone enrolled already? I understand enrolments would start in early August but I have not received any notifications yet...:bee:
Original post by Yellow 03
So when does enrolment start? Has anyone enrolled already? I understand enrolments would start in early August but I have not received any notifications yet...:bee:

I think it's the backend of August. Definitely after the 13th.
Has anyone else received their CAS numbers? I submitted all of my documents two weeks ago and I've still not received an unconditional offer yet :frown:
Original post by nouht
I think it's the backend of August. Definitely after the 13th.

Ah, thanks. :smile:
Original post by Piano_Player
Has anyone else received their CAS numbers? I submitted all of my documents two weeks ago and I've still not received an unconditional offer yet :frown:

Ugh, hope you'll get it soon! From what I understand you don't get a CAS number until you have an unconditional offer, so if you have met your conditions it's good to chase them. I don't need a CAS number but every single communication I had from student admin so far was only after I chased them...
Original post by Yellow 03
Ugh, hope you'll get it soon! From what I understand you don't get a CAS number until you have an unconditional offer, so if you have met your conditions it's good to chase them. I don't need a CAS number but every single communication I had from student admin so far was only after I chased them...

I sent a message through the portal last week and another one yesterday. Now the King's Apply homepage says that the admissions office is extremely busy since the A-Level results are coming out this week. I just hope they respond quickly :/
Reply 395
Hey guys, I'm hoping for some reassurance here. I applied for an MA in Philosophy late June and am still waiting for an offer. Is this normal, or should I be expecting the worst? I am particularly anxious since I need to give my notice at my present job and move country if my application is successful.
Original post by Teal09
Hey guys, I'm hoping for some reassurance here. I applied for an MA in Philosophy late June and am still waiting for an offer. Is this normal, or should I be expecting the worst? I am particularly anxious since I need to give my notice at my present job and move country if my application is successful.

Perfectly normal. I have been waiting for my offer for 15 weeks. That was a bit extraordinary of course and they apologised for a very long delay but the fact is still the fact.
Reply 397
Original post by YulianaRus
Perfectly normal. I have been waiting for my offer for 15 weeks. That was a bit extraordinary of course and they apologised for a very long delay but the fact is still the fact.

Woah 15 weeks? Hopefully not long to go now then! Nice of them to apologise I guess.
I have an unconditional offer for MSc Forensic Mental Health (PT) :smile:
Original post by Teal09

Hi there, I am also starting the Philosophy MA in September - in my case it took them over 11 weeks to make me an offer, so the wait is definitely not uncommon. I noticed also that they extended the applications deadline until beginning September so they clearly have places left. I'm sure you'll be fine. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest