The Student Room Group

science gcse b1 c1 p1

Hi i know its supper early to start to revise but im revsing for the exams for next year and i wanted to know what are some things i should cover in detail and some revsion tips

thanks
Original post by chris2791
Hi i know its supper early to start to revise but im revsing for the exams for next year and i wanted to know what are some things i should cover in detail and some revsion tips

thanks

What exam board are you on?

I would recommend getting the CPG books for science and focusing on past paper questions, especially 6 mark questions, as well as looking at the specifications. If you're on OCR, I can PM you a file of resources I use to revise these topics - if you are then PM me :smile:
Get the CGP revision guides but don't waste your time on making notes, when the revision guide has all the correct ones there for you! Specifically, use these to cover things after lessons - either because you don't understand it or because your teacher missed it out (they do this often).
Don't burn yourself out too early as it's just memory work. If you were to start doing small bits, focus on recurring topics that need practice: e.g. Balancing equations, physics calculations etc. - you can use Google to find some worksheets online.
For revision coming up to the exams I highly recommend my gcse science's coffee science videos for revision. These ones are still free and my tip is that you download them from YouTube and save them before he stars charging for these too! These videos are great for getting all the concepts the exams highlight into your head.
Finally, the most important thing that really helped me with my AQA triple science exams this year were past papers. I was one of the people in top set who did all the past papers throughout the year, several times, to the point that I could recognise which year questions came from. These past papers are vital to give you the exam technique and where marks are awarded in recurring questions that appear every year - just in different formats. Past papers give you confidence and repition of them lets you understand what they're looking for. It also helps you make predictions and they are seriously the tool that can help you go up two grade if you use them effectively.
Mygcsescience all you need
Reply 4
Original post by danielwinstanley
What exam board are you on?

I would recommend getting the CPG books for science and focusing on past paper questions, especially 6 mark questions, as well as looking at the specifications. If you're on OCR, I can PM you a file of resources I use to revise these topics - if you are then PM me :smile:

Hi yes im on ocr gateway b i would love if you could send me that file thanks!!
Reply 5
Original post by Turtlebunny
Get the CGP revision guides but don't waste your time on making notes, when the revision guide has all the correct ones there for you! Specifically, use these to cover things after lessons - either because you don't understand it or because your teacher missed it out (they do this often).
Don't burn yourself out too early as it's just memory work. If you were to start doing small bits, focus on recurring topics that need practice: e.g. Balancing equations, physics calculations etc. - you can use Google to find some worksheets online.
For revision coming up to the exams I highly recommend my gcse science's coffee science videos for revision. These ones are still free and my tip is that you download them from YouTube and save them before he stars charging for these too! These videos are great for getting all the concepts the exams highlight into your head.
Finally, the most important thing that really helped me with my AQA triple science exams this year were past papers. I was one of the people in top set who did all the past papers throughout the year, several times, to the point that I could recognise which year questions came from. These past papers are vital to give you the exam technique and where marks are awarded in recurring questions that appear every year - just in different formats. Past papers give you confidence and repition of them lets you understand what they're looking for. It also helps you make predictions and they are seriously the tool that can help you go up two grade if you use them effectively.

Thank you ever so much i would take that all into count thank you again

Quick Reply

Latest