The Student Room Group

Sex is part of nature, sexuality isn't.

Basically, I don't think we are sexuality is as complex, or is biologically predetermined.

Discuss, ask questions......
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I don't understand

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you going to expand on your claim?
Reply 3
Original post by spurs9393
I don't understand

Posted from TSR Mobile

What don't you understand?

The act or the wanting to reproduce is natural.

Sexuality in all its forms isn't, when you break it down.
Reply 4
Original post by DiddyDec
Are you going to expand on your claim?

Yes.

Original post by NHM713
Discuss, ask questions......

You're really going to have to do better than this. :curious:
Reply 6
What do you mean by sex? I.e. gender or intercourse? What do you mean by natural? Do you mean it as not artificial? How can a sexuality be artificial? WTF is this thread?
Reply 7
Original post by Mad Vlad
You're really going to have to do better than this. :curious:

I did add a bit more.

"The act or the wanting to reproduce is natural.
Sexuality in all its forms isn't, when you break it down."
Original post by NHM713
Yes.

So are you trying to say that sex for non-reproductive means is unnatural?
Original post by NHM713
I did add a bit more.

"The act or the wanting to reproduce is natural.
Sexuality in all its forms isn't, when you break it down."

Your statement makes no sense. You're going to have to expand more verbosely because nobody is understanding what you're getting at.
Original post by NHM713
Yes.

You really need to clarify here what it is you are trying to claim or compare. Are you saying that sex is only that which is an act that is reproductive? What are you defining sexuality as?
Reply 11
They are both obviously natural. The instinct to reproduce manifests itself as a desire to have sex, normally with the opposite sex. That isn't cultural imposed, so it is natural.

Are you going to explain why they aren't, or just make unfounded claims like you usually do :wink:
Reply 12
Original post by Dylann
What do you mean by sex? I.e. gender or intercourse? What do you mean by natural? Do you mean it as not artificial? How can a sexuality be artificial? WTF is this thread?

I mean the act (intercourse), knowing what you basically need to do to reproduce.

I say natural because It's instinctive (without experience, you just know), or is it reactive...I'm still figuring it out?

Because it's not something you're born with, it's instilled in the individual.

It's something different from the usual, at least.
Reply 13
Original post by DiddyDec
So are you trying to say that sex for non-reproductive means is unnatural?

Possibly to an extent. I mean it's nice, but, it has it's place.....which isn't all the time.
Reply 14
Original post by Mad Vlad
Your statement makes no sense. You're going to have to expand more verbosely because nobody is understanding what you're getting at.

The physical act is natural at any time or place, but sexuality, what you are into sexually, as well as sex drive, isn't that natural.

Should I expand more?
Original post by NHM713
The physical act is natural at any time or place, but sexuality, what you are into sexually, as well as sex drive, isn't that natural.

Should I expand more?

What are you defining 'natural' as? Really all you've done is be extremely vague about everything.
Why does it matter if something is natural or not?
Reply 17
Original post by NHM713
I mean the act (intercourse), knowing what you basically need to do to reproduce.

I say natural because It's instinctive (without experience, you just know), or is it reactive...I'm still figuring it out?

Because it's not something you're born with, it's instilled in the individual.

It's something different from the usual, at least.

The fact we are not born with sexual tendencies doesn't mean they are not natural. I was not born with the ability to produce viable sperm, the fact that ability develops later in life doesn't make it unnatural. SexualIt is natural, it just develops later because that is when it serves a purpose.

Original post by NHM713
Possibly to an extent. I mean it's nice, but, it has it's place.....which isn't all the time.

Bonobos, one of our closest relatives, have sex for social bonding purposes. Non reproductive sex is perfectly natural.
Reply 18
Original post by lucaf
They are both obviously natural. The instinct to reproduce manifests itself as a desire to have sex, normally with the opposite sex. That isn't cultural imposed, so it is natural.

Are you going to explain why they aren't, or just make unfounded claims like you usually do :wink:

Yeah agreed, let's just stick with this shall we, cause I'm certainly not seeing any contradictory evidence here.
Reply 19
Original post by RandZul'Zorander
You really need to clarify here what it is you are trying to claim or compare. Are you saying that sex is only that which is an act that is reproductive? What are you defining sexuality as?

Well, it is. It's also used as a social bonding thing.

Fantasies, turn ons, fetishes.....and even who we fancy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending