The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SA-1
Answered your own question mate, I doubt the price would drop that much if loads of teams are in for him

Well at the going market he would cost around £40-50million, but apparently his release clause is £20million so could happen.
Original post by jam277
Then that would mean that they would have to buy another attacking player on those lines, which basically is my point as Bale, Ronaldo, James and Isco are irreplaceable.

Isco has yet to nail down a proper starting XI place.

Rafa's gonna play 4-2-3-1, which basically means that they'll line up something like this:

Modric--Kroos
Isco/new player -- James -- CR/Bale
CR/Bale
Wilshere out for 6-8 weeks lmao. People think this joker should be a starter.
Original post by angelfox

and so it begins once again...

How many Arsenal players you reckon will get injured in August then? I'm going with 5.
Reply 4484

What's him being injured have to do with him being a potential starter?
Reply 4485
Original post by sr90

How many Arsenal players you reckon will get injured in August then? I'm going with 5.

Lol, wasn't last season a tragic one where we were getting an injury per game at the start :lol:
Original post by SA-1
What's him being injured have to do with him being a potential starter?

He clearly can't be relied on.
Original post by SA-1
Lol, wasn't last season a tragic one where we were getting an injury per game at the start :lol:

You seem to have a midfield injury crisis every season where as we usually struggle to have 4 defenders fit at the same time.
Reply 4488
He clearly can't be relied on.

Which is why we have Ramsey, Cazorla and Ozil who are all capable of playing where he does

He is more than reliable when fit though, so there is absolutely nothing to lmao about people thinking he should be a starter.
Original post by sr90

Imagine some of these lot laughing at Schweini missing one pre-season game
Reply 4490
Original post by Dirtybit

Honestly can't see any sane Arsenal fan laughing at anyone else's potential injuries..
Original post by Dirtybit

and being back in training a day later
Every season Arsenal fans say "if we can keep this player, and that player fit and those players fit, then we can win the league". Not sure why you guys even bother with that anymore, its been happening every year for the past 5 or 6.
Should have dropped the money on Schneiderlin when we had the chance. I'm probably Wilshere's biggest fan but these constant injuries are ridiculous. It's getting to the point where you might as well write him off and build the squad as if he wasn't here. Classic cliche case of amazing talent never utilised because of injuries. Massive shame really because imo avoiding injuries is the key to securing the title
Original post by difeo
and being back in training a day later

Karma rekt
Basically why despite all the signs of Arsenal being capable I can't see past Chelsea for the title. The whole Arsenal titles ride on 'if...' And those it's are always the same ones that turn out not to happen.

All the needs to happen now is Coq getting ruled out for 6 months the day after the window closes, or Cech dislocating a shoulder.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Shed End
Every season Arsenal fans say "if we can keep this player, and that player fit and those players fit, then we can win the league". Not sure why you guys even bother with that anymore, its been happening every year for the past 5 or 6.

That and ''we're only 2 players away from a title challenging side''
Original post by Fizzel
Basically why despite all the signs of Arsenal being capable I can't see past Chelsea for the title. The whole Arsenal titles ride on 'if...' And those it's are always the same ones that turn out not to happen.

All the needs to happen now is Coq getting ruled out for 6 months the day after the window closes, or Cech dislocating a shoulder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

... and what if Costa's hamstring keeps him out for half a season, or Matic is ruled out injured for a while?

There's a lot of if's and but's about this seasons title race, I don't think Chelsea can keep Costa fit for the entire season and w/o him they look pretty toothless up front.

Having said that, Chelsea are still the team to beat this season, but 'I cant see the title past Chelsea' is a pretty dodgy statement.
Even I'm not entirely convinced by us this year.
Original post by little_tom
... and what if Costa's hamstring keeps him out for half a season, or Matic is ruled out injured for a while?

There's a lot of if's and but's about this seasons title race, I don't think Chelsea can keep Costa fit for the entire season and w/o him they look pretty toothless up front.

Having said that, Chelsea are still the team to beat this season, but 'I cant see the title past Chelsea' is a pretty dodgy statement.
Well yeah I outlined the issues I thought there were with the Chelsea squad in their thread. They have had a poor window so far imo, and even with the additions proposed haven't added what they really needed.

I guess its the thing of the same **** happening over and over. Like Sr said, at some point we will be playing Carrick as a CB, just because. We keep waiting for Chelsea to have an injury crisis or for United not to have a defensive crisis, and year on year it never happens. We always say, if we can just keep a fit and settled defence, and that if never happens. Its just something that perhaps needs building into a preview of the season, because although yes those things could happen if you had to place money on one which would would it be? Matic being ruled out, or Coq being ruled out?

Latest