The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ben199
Hey guys, just some questions that I'd appreciate if someone can help me out on.

So here is my situation: about to graduate with a Physics Bsc, completed four A Levels in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry (AAAA) back in 2012 and would like to apply to the Czech medical schools for the 2016 entry.The problem is the lack of A Level Biology - I have checked the CMUCAS site and it does mention that both Chemistry and Biology A Levels are required. I am going to attempt to remedy this this year by sitting A Level Biology fast-track via distance learning. So you guys think Id be able to apply to Charles?

One more thing: when will you generally know whether you have an offer or not - as I understand it, the entrance exams will be in June/July 2016 for the 2016 entry. So when will the interview be taking place and typically how long does it take to get offer feedback? Thank you.

I can't answer your first question. However, I can answer the second one - after the exam your paper is marked. If you score very highly, you automatically get a place and don't have to do an interview. If you score within a certain range, you will do the interview. In the interview, the interviewer will decide there and then if you should get the place or not. Everything happens on the day of the exam. I don't know the exact scorelines and thresholds.
Hi guys,I need help! I thought I was able to pay the cost of the tuition fee over the whole academic year? Is that allowed or do i have to pay before I (hopefully) start in October? My parents are paying for me however if it has to be before i start then they will not be able to afford it Can anyone help me out please Thanks!
Original post by xxooxxoo
Hi guys,I need help! I thought I was able to pay the cost of the tuition fee over the whole academic year? Is that allowed or do i have to pay before I (hopefully) start in October? My parents are paying for me however if it has to be before i start then they will not be able to afford it Can anyone help me out please Thanks!

Speak to the Foreign Sturdent Affairs Department.
I got accepted into the second faculty of medicine at St. Charles university. I'm staying at the residence halls. If anyone has any questions they want to know about the second faculty or how the application process works, please send me a personal message.
Original post by xxooxxoo

You have to pay the entire course fee for the first year of study on or before 31st October. That's how it works at the second faculty. They don't offer scholarships for first year students but in your 2-6th years you can reduce your tuition fee if you perform well at exams.
Reply 405
Any offer holders for First Faculty Charles University Prague September 2015?
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi guys. I'm in a bit of a confusing situation.

I have an offer for medicine for newcastle university asking for AAA
However Im not sure if my exams went well enough to achieve this. I have AAAB in AS and 8A* in GCSE.
I was wondering if I should apply to Prague as a back up if I don't get the results now or wait until I get my results then apply next summer if I don't get the results.
Original post by legend4lyf
Hi guys. I'm in a bit of a confusing situation.

I have an offer for medicine for newcastle university asking for AAA
However Im not sure if my exams went well enough to achieve this. I have AAAB in AS and 8A* in GCSE.
I was wondering if I should apply to Prague as a back up if I don't get the results now or wait until I get my results then apply next summer if I don't get the results.

If you don't intend to repeat A levels, then applying to the university wouldn't do you any harm. You'll have to sit for the exam and get through that.
Thanks for the reply 😄
The thing I'm worried about is that there's only 5 days left until the exam and I havent done anything for it so I don't really want to have to travel to London from newcastle just to fail it 😞
Thanks for the reply 😄
The thing I'm worried about is that there's only 5 days left until the exam and I havent done anything for it so I don't really want to have to travel to London from newcastle just to fail it 😞

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?
Original post by keveend
If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

I'm 18. I just finished my A levels 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 18. I just finished my A levels 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you plan to repeat A levels if you don't get the intended results?
Original post by keveend
Do you plan to repeat A levels if you don't get the intended results?

I would like to reapply to UK universities and most only allow A levels that have been completed over 2 years. Also I really don't want to so probably no 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I would like to reapply to UK universities and most only allow A levels that have been completed over 2 years. Also I really don't want to so probably no 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then my advice is, apply to St. Charles university if studying medicine is your passion. :smile:
Thank you
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi i've been offered a place where are you looking to stay as I am not entirely sure which place is the best
Original post by usman93123
Hi i've been offered a place where are you looking to stay as I am not entirely sure which place is the best

Which faculty?
Original post by keveend
Which faculty?

First faculty,nAre you a student there or have you been offered a place?

I've been offered a place at the second faculty. All the work from the university side is done. I'm just trying to get my Visa sorted. Ask your student coordinator for the closest dormitory to your faculty. If there are any vacant rooms available, they will give you one. Otherwise they will place you in a dormitory which is a litter further away but still not very far from the faculty.

Heyyy Usman!! I have been offered a place at the First Faculty too. Been looking for someone who got an offer from this faculty for such a long time. I have heard the current students say that private accommodation is best. I am still in the process of searching for a suitable accommodation. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending