The Student Room Group

Have you ever won a competition?

Someone wrote a bot to win Twitter competitions and ended up bagging lots of random bits and bobs:

I once won a thunderbirds goodie pack in the official thunderbirds magazine when I was really young - it came with stickers, toys and a pop up tent which at the time I absolutely loved.
Original post by GuppyFox

I won a bike and a Nintendo DS. Two separate competitions. I used to enter lots when I was younger.
Yeah i won a small grill in a school raffle
yeah, I've one quite a few :h: i won a £100 voucher, £50 worth of TGI fridays vouchers, £20 nandos voucher and free dessert, a samsung galaxy camera, a free haircut at toni n guy, an ipad mini, beats and £250 :h:
I won a bike at school for having 100% attendance
Yeah at the ski show I won an X Box 360 and a game and the then new motion sensor thing ( the name escapes me )
No :frown:

Original post by missaxo
yeah, I've one quite a few :h: i won a £100 voucher, £50 worth of TGI fridays vouchers, £20 nandos voucher and free dessert, a samsung galaxy camera, a free haircut at toni n guy, an ipad mini, beats and £250 :h:

So jelly of you rn :tongue:
Original post by toonervoustotalk
No :frown:

So jelly of you rn :tongue:

hahaha i actually have a method
Reply 8
Yes I recently won a competition my local Games Centre held on FB. I won a Sonic the Hedgehog hat along with some posters and some game t shirts. Also won an Amazon gift card from TSR before too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missaxo
hahaha i actually have a method

You mind telling me your method?
You mind telling me your method?

won em all from twitter :h: Kiss FM have competitions every day, and they hold them for like 2 hours. so you need to be quick! because it's generally during the day, around 12-1 and entries close at like 4 only around 3/4 people tend to enter. and the competition is usually 'send your best pic' so just google a really really good pic and you'll win it :u:
Original post by missaxo
won em all from twitter :h: Kiss FM have competitions every day, and they hold them for like 2 hours. so you need to be quick! because it's generally during the day, around 12-1 and entries close at like 4 only around 3/4 people tend to enter. and the competition is usually 'send your best pic' so just google a really really good pic and you'll win it :u:

Ok thanks :smile:
Brb winning S6 and £5000 :tongue:
Ok thanks :smile:
Brb winning S6 and £5000 :tongue:

hahahahahaha keep an eye out on their tweets! :wink:
Reply 13
Original post by missaxo

That's amazing!
Yes. I got a job in retail in London opposite Westfield (Stratford). That's like the competition of all competitions, especially for a student. :tongue:
I won a beyblade competition at Woolworths once (ladies, please refrain from throwing yourselves at me). I won a free beyblade, happy times.
I won a Countryside Alliance christmas quiz one year and won a vintage poster for the British Field Sports Society (the organisation no longer exists, but I think the CA replaced it or something).

I won letter of the week in Shooting Times twice, winning a pair of hunter wellies both times. The second time I put my dad's shoe size down and got him a pair.

I won lotw in a different publication (can't remember which) and won a herbal nutrient supplement for dogs.

Quick Reply

Latest