The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Original post by arnie118
Complete joke for sure. Let's hope so eh. I've emailed but no response as usual

Same here. My cousin works in HR for HMRC so I've asked her to try to find a phone number for the person who sent the email (Emma Ball). If she does I'll let you know.
Bit of an update guys! Just been told I've been placed in London! Wanted Peterborough but hey ho! Good luck guys!
I've just got an email to say about the forms and checks etc, but it has my location down as Bootle!!! I received a phone call two weeks ago stating I was going to be in Manchester where I will be living! I've emailed back now in rage! What a mess!

Dam, that isn't good at all - i hope you get it sorted out.
-
Just got a bulk email regarding my online DBS check, i can now track its progress using my reference number so i will know when the check has completed and the certificate issued.

Jesus, despite having a bit of an issue with a missing email (now sorted), i seem to be one of the very lucky ones in that everything seems to be going relatively smoothly for me - just wait and see me fail at what should be easiest, the references :tongue:.
Original post by ZiggyMoff
Dam, that isn't good at all - i hope you get it sorted out.
-
Just got a bulk email regarding my online DBS check, i can now track its progress using my reference number so i will know when the check has completed and the certificate issued.

Jesus, despite having a bit of an issue with a missing email (now sorted), i seem to be one of the very lucky ones in that everything seems to be going relatively smoothly for me - just wait and see me fail at what should be easiest, the references :tongue:.

I already have been DBS checked within the last 2 months so will I need to do this again do you think? Or can I just show the certificate?
Original post by Lucydrysdale
I already have been DBS checked within the last 2 months so will I need to do this again do you think? Or can I just show the certificate?

No idea really, its my 1st ever DBS check and no idea how it works with regards to using it again.
Original post by ZiggyMoff
No idea really, its my 1st ever DBS check and no idea how it works with regards to using it again.

Okay, thankyou. Don't think will be starting on time, or even make it to the induction date. I have not heard back from my lead in the cabinet office since my pre-appointment checks. Worried now..
Me to! Where about do you live? Just curious about the commute... I live in Edinburgh and its an hour and a half using public transport.
Reply 1787
Original post by Lucydrysdale

I sign off DBS forms in my current job, and we always have to do a brand new one regardless of how recent the last one was. But some organisations are not so fussy so definitely worth an ask.
Original post by Gjones97
Me to! Where about do you live? Just curious about the commute... I live in Edinburgh and its an hour and a half using public transport.

Are you saying your bootle too? Edinburgh is miles away. I'm only in Manchester which is 40mile so it ain't to bad.
Wanted cyber security in Milton Keynes but didn't get that in the end, instead I got offered either Business Administration or digital & technology both in London. So accepted the digital & tech role and should hear from my department soon :smile:

Don't know if I should move up to London or just catch the train everyday...
I've just got an email to say about the forms and checks etc, but it has my location down as Bootle!!! I received a phone call two weeks ago stating I was going to be in Manchester where I will be living! I've emailed back now in rage! What a mess!

I was emailed that i was in Newcastle. Now i have had another email stating Washington. It's a 100 mile round trip for me to be there which is annoying when I have a young child.

I don't know why they told me one thing last week and have changed it this week.
Reply 1791
Original post by DanielleWills
I've been placed in MoJ in London, specifically in one of the executive agencies - NOMS. Have you heard anything about what department of the MoJ you'll be placed in?

I've been placed in NOMS too. Is your location the main headquarters in central London?
I spoke to my lead now and she said at least for my department the 'matching process' is happening on Monday and she will be in a position to let us know next week regarding our roles and start dates.

Also, regarding the Heathrow induction we will be invited by Nadines team shortly (this applies to all).
Original post by clairey_lou
I was emailed that i was in Newcastle. Now i have had another email stating Washington. It's a 100 mile round trip for me to be there which is annoying when I have a young child.

I don't know why they told me one thing last week and have changed it this week.

Seems such a mess, It seems there's a serious lack of communication on their end!!!
I emailed HMRC to ask about changing location from cumbernauld as it takes an hour and a half eachway to comute but they havent got back to me... I live in edinburgh and there is a hmrc office a couple miles from my house. I find it wierd how I get put in cumbernauld. Is anyone else in a similar position?
Im in DWp in London. Heard yesterday. Have been asked in for information chat next week. Apparently all department leaders are getting in touch individually with apprentices so it just depends on their workloads. Hopefully everyone gets updated soon. If anyone grts further info on induction event please post.
Reply 1796
Original post by Gjones97
I emailed HMRC to ask about changing location from cumbernauld as it takes an hour and a half eachway to comute but they havent got back to me... I live in edinburgh and there is a hmrc office a couple miles from my house. I find it wierd how I get put in cumbernauld. Is anyone else in a similar position?

I'm in exactly the same position and received the below back:
When applying candidates are asked to choose the hub that they would like to be placed and posting is based on this. In addition to this guidance states that a commute journey is acceptable up to 90 minutes,

It seems I have been located in the furthest office away from me but as it is still within my hub I am unable to do anything about it :frown:
Original post by aelishe
I'm MOD Birmingham I've found that most DBS links go into spam or junk email boxes so make sure you check them.

Thanks for letting me know! I haven't had anything as of yet though. What framework are you doing?
Original post by ACF2015
Im in DWp in London. Heard yesterday. Have been asked in for information chat next week. Apparently all department leaders are getting in touch individually with apprentices so it just depends on their workloads. Hopefully everyone gets updated soon. If anyone grts further info on induction event please post.

What framework and where abouts in London will you be based?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Reply 1799
Original post by Alol
I'm in exactly the same position and received the below back:
When applying candidates are asked to choose the hub that they would like to be placed and posting is based on this. In addition to this guidance states that a commute journey is acceptable up to 90 minutes,

It seems I have been located in the furthest office away from me but as it is still within my hub I am unable to do anything about it :frown:

Does this mean that if you can prove your journey will take over 90 mins they'll reconsider then?

I hope so as it'll take about 2 hours for me to get where I've been placed. If there's no way around it then I'll just have to deal with it but it's annoying knowing that there's another HMRC office taking on apprentices that's only 10 minutes away from me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending