Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HCAssistant93
What is barts cut off?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The cutoff in 2014 was 3010 according to their website
Original post by sampowell92
The cutoff in 2014 was 3010 according to their website

That was the year scores went crazy! Think this year, it's a more realistic 2850.
Original post by ladybird198
That was the year scores went crazy! Think this year, it's a more realistic 2850.

I thought it was the year before that scores were really high?
I thought it was the year before that scores were really high?

Wasn't it for 2014 entry? Do you know the cut-offs for the last few years?
Wasn't it for 2014 entry? Do you know the cut-offs for the last few years?

Ah yeah 3010 was for the 2014 admissions cycle so I assume that means the 2013 UKCAT year? Does anyone know the cutoff for last year then?
(edited 8 years ago)
I plan on applying to Warwick and Kings (as well as Barts and Southampton).

Got a score of 772.5, which should hopefully be enough for interview.

Where are you thinking of applying?

Newcastle,Warwick and Kings but haven't done my UKCAT yet. 772.5 is amazing! Any tips? What did you do to prepare for the UKCAT?
Original post by Danny129
Newcastle,Warwick and Kings but haven't done my UKCAT yet. 772.5 is amazing! Any tips? What did you do to prepare for the UKCAT?

I used the Kaplan score higher book, medify and the official mocks. The main thing is to get the timing down, as it's really easy to get fixated on a particular question when it isn't worth it.

When is your test?
I used the Kaplan score higher book, medify and the official mocks. The main thing is to get the timing down, as it's really easy to get fixated on a particular question when it isn't worth it.

When is your test?

Don't shout at me but I haven't booked it yet:colondollar:. Would I possibly be able to borrow/buy those books off you? ForestCat told me I have till early October. So planning to book my test with at least 4 weeks prior to revise. I know I'm leaving it late but currently in the middle of my dissertation as I'm a January starter. So stressed atm!:s-smilie:
Anyone here thinks emedica is a good source??

Thanks
Don't shout at me but I haven't booked it yet:colondollar:. Would I possibly be able to borrow/buy those books off you? ForestCat told me I have till early October. So planning to book my test with at least 4 weeks prior to revise. I know I'm leaving it late but currently in the middle of my dissertation as I'm a January starter. So stressed atm!:s-smilie:

You will find used copies on ebay/amazon as well. Most people sell theirs off once they have sat their test. Also here is Medify
Original post by ForestCat
You will find used copies on ebay/amazon as well. Most people sell theirs off once they have sat their test. Also here is Medify

Thanks I will look there too :smile:

Why don't you book it now for the latest date to make sure you have a slot!

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is a little far forward into the future, but thought I'd ask anyway as I'm curious... For the foundation years, how is it determined which hospital you complete it in? Is it just the closest one or is there competition in order to get the hospital you would rather practise in?
Original post by DoeADeer
This is a little far forward into the future, but thought I'd ask anyway as I'm curious... For the foundation years, how is it determined which hospital you complete it in? Is it just the closest one or is there competition in order to get the hospital you would rather practise in?

All explained here

http://www.foundationprogramme.nhs.uk/pages/medical-students/faqs
Hey, I'm looking to apply to the normal 5-year (A100) course as a graduate, with a predicted high 2:1 in a Biomed degree from Edinburgh Uni. I have significant shadowing and volunteering experience, particularly with children with and without special needs. But I don't have the best UKCAT score (average 600: VR: 540, QR: 700, AR: 510, DA: 650, SJ: Band 1). I was hoping to apply to Edinburgh, Dundee, St Andrews and Aberdeen, but does anyone have any advice or judgement on my chances of getting in with such a low UKCAT? (The damn VR and AR screwed it up for me and I panicked!). I know I'd be a great Med Student - I'm just not great at these silly IQ tests! Thanks guys :smile:
Original post by HCAssistant93
What is barts cut off?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I know previously Barts have only used UKCAT to invite graduates to interview, but it looks like they've updated their site saying for 2016 entry all graduates are assessed on a 50:50 basis of degree results and UKCAT. just something to keep in mind when thinking about cutoffs :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Testmed
Hey, I know previously Barts have only used UKCAT to invite graduates to interview, but it looks like they've updated their site saying for 2016 entry all graduates are assessed on a 50:50 basis of degree results and UKCAT. just something to keep in mind when thinking about cutoffs :smile:

Thank you! So does this mean a high ukcat will balance average academics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Testmed

Really? Wow they didn't mention this when I went to the open day!!!
I agree with you. I have also been on this website and it's fab! Saved me days of work for selecting what universities to apply to!!!!!!!

I had a rough idea and the site reaffirmed my choices. Plus it was free!

Quick Reply

Latest