The Student Room Group
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester

Commuting from poole/bournemouth to Winchester?

Hi there,

Just wondering if anybody is going to or has done a daily commute from poole or nearby to Winchester uni?? How long? How much did it cost on train?

It is possible that I could do the commute in a car - is this a shorter Journey time than the train?
Thanks!
I haven't done the commute. I wouldn't want to do the commute(too long) but it is your choice.
Train -
The journey is 1hr 30mins (approx), not including the walk/ bus to the university.
It is £380 for a 1 month season ticket or £20 per return journey (off peak).

It is about 1 hr in the car. Then you must factor in fuel, tax, insurance ect.

I am curious whether you applied to Bournemouth University?
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester
Original post by Zebadee321
I haven't done the commute. I wouldn't want to do the commute(too long) but it is your choice.
Train -
The journey is 1hr 30mins (approx), not including the walk/ bus to the university.
It is £380 for a 1 month season ticket or £20 per return journey (off peak).

It is about 1 hr in the car. Then you must factor in fuel, tax, insurance ect.

I am curious whether you applied to Bournemouth University?

Hi thanks for the reply.
380 for a month.... I think that's made my decision for me!

No I have not applied anywhere yet. I need to make the decision between Bournemouth/Southampton/Winchester(not urgently). I was considering winchester because it would allow me to cut a year off my degree, but I would probably just end up spending the 9 grand I saved on travel anyway!

Do you happen to know about the commute to southampton? It is likely I will choose bournemouth though.
Also, I suppose the uni fee will not need to be paid upfront whereas travel will.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sarahs.cheddars
Hi thanks for the reply.
380 for a month.... I think that's made my decision for me!

No I have not applied anywhere yet. I need to make the decision between Bournemouth/Southampton/Winchester(not urgently). I was considering winchester because it would allow me to cut a year off my degree, but I would probably just end up spending the 9 grand I saved on travel anyway!

Do you happen to know about the commute to southampton? It is likely I will choose bournemouth though.
Also, I suppose the uni fee will not need to be paid upfront whereas travel will.

Poole to Southampton is about 50mins to 1hr
£287 per month, £15.10 per return journey.

I am going to Bournemouth Uni :smile:
Poole to Southampton is about 50mins to 1hr
£287 per month, £15.10 per return journey.

I am going to Bournemouth Uni :smile:

What ar you doing and when are you starting? I'm swaying towards bmouth as travel will be hardly anything
Original post by Sarahs.cheddars
What ar you doing and when are you starting? I'm swaying towards bmouth as travel will be hardly anything

I am doing an Accounting course. Start in September. How about you?

Yeah I live in Christchurch and will pay £135 for 3 months travel. :smile:
I am doing an Accounting course. Start in September. How about you?

Yeah I live in Christchurch and will pay £135 for 3 months travel. :smile:

Well 135 isn't too bad compared to what we discussed above! Very interested in the psychology course (BSc). I hear a lot about how good bmouth is for media but not a lot about it's other subjects. Hopefully it lives up to expectations! Lovely location.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending