The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Can I ask what did u put as your max budget?

Posted from TSR Mobile
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1681
£210 was my max budget
But I'm at point where I'd go higher than that

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BhaviJ
£210 was my max budget
But I'm at point where I'd go higher than that

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know what you mean...Tbh I think that's why you weren't allocated an ensuite, cos the cheapest ensuite on their website was 212£ or something, when I called up the office before I applied they said to put 220£ as my max just to make sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1683
The cheapest one that's walking distance to UCL is something like £202 (James Lighthill and France's Gardner I think)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1684
Original post by MickeyL0912
Does anyone know how lenient are they for Biological Sciences?
(In terms of the offer conditions)

I'm in a similar situation I think. Funny thing is they received my results only today (month later). My school screwed up.
Original post by mhelof
I'm in a similar situation I think. Funny thing is they received my results only today (month later). My school screwed up.

Aah no I'm doing A-levels, my results come out next Thursday, was just worried .__.
I heard that UCL has an appeal thingy where you can argue that you had a bad teacher for a certain subject and they take that into consideration when deciding to accept you or not. Does anyone know if this is true?
Reply 1687
Original post by mellow_fellow
I heard that UCL has an appeal thingy where you can argue that you had a bad teacher for a certain subject and they take that into consideration when deciding to accept you or not. Does anyone know if this is true?

That'd be awesome considering the fact that none of my predicted grades match my actual grades.
Original post by mhelof
That'd be awesome considering the fact that none of my predicted grades match my actual grades.

I'd love it if that were true. Someone also told me that since UCL don't do clearing, they are more likely to accept more candidates who didn't quite meet their conditions.

...And really? How do you know your grades?
Reply 1689
IB mate.
Reply 1690
Original post by JPD96
I have an offer for economics (A* Maths, AA) and I'm almost certain that I am going to get 2A* in my other two subjects (Econ, Geog) and an A in maths. Do you think I would be let in with that?

I've got an offer for economics too, and at the offer holders day they did say that it is very unlikely that they would budge on the A* in maths. But considering that more people will tend to do worse this year compared to previous years cos of the lack of Jan exams, I reckon they'll be more lenient so no need to worry :smile: I'm also stressing about getting an A* in maths cos my exam board totally changed our C3 and C4 exams:/
Original post by nassimahmed
Any Muslimssssss?😍😍😍😍

me ahahah:biggrin:
Reply 1692
hey guys, i was just wondering about when people are going to move into halls. im back in london late on the 20th of sept so ill miss out on the moving-in weekend bant :frown:
Original post by jwl97
hey guys, i was just wondering about when people are going to move into halls. im back in london late on the 20th of sept so ill miss out on the moving-in weekend bant :frown:

Hey, I though it was on the 20th of September, but the confirmation letter said the course starts on the first of September?
I made it in for Computer Science, so pumped up right now! :biggrin:
Got in for civil engineering 😂😊😊
I got into Royal Hollowah Univeristy of London. Can someone please tell me if it would be better going there as I'm an international student or doing an international UCL degree from my home country? Also how good is RHUL?
Got In for Information Management for Business! Alhamdullilah!🌠
Reply 1698
Original post by sarcasmrules
I made it in for Computer Science, so pumped up right now! :biggrin:

Hey me too 😊. You 3 or 4 years?
Got into compsci MEng. That was a close call :proud:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending