The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Black Rose
Welcome :awesome:

Looking forward to Year 10? :h:

Do you happen to watch Atlantis by any chance? :gah:

I'm not quite sure actually. I suppose I'm looking forward to starting psychology, but I've heard Year 10 is very stressful!

No :frown: though I've heard it's great, so I am definitely planning on watching it soon.
Original post by JordanH69
I'm beginning Y10 in September and I'm not very strong at maths because I find it hard to pay attention to a subject that doesn't enthuse me.
I am wondering if anyone could give me some tips on how to concentrate in maths particularly.

Following on from what Gilo98 said, if after looking at sites and stuff hasn't helped you, then definitely ask your teacher about it to help you understand. :yep:

I think you might also find Bitesize and MathsWatch helpful. If your school doesn't have mathswatch already, I'd say suggest it to them or buy the CD. It's brilliant. :h:
I am going to be year 10 come september too guys. Are you ready for year 10? I am, I know there is hard work waiting for me :frown:. Give me everything you got GCSE! :tongue:
Original post by Pandora___
I've heard Year 10 is very stressful!

Original post by MrMackyTv
I am going to be year 10 come september too guys. Are you ready for year 10? I am, I know there is hard work waiting for me :frown:. Give me everything you got GCSE! :tongue:

You guys will be fine! Just walk into September with an open mind. :yep:

(I'm in Y10... Well, Y10 going to Y11. :tongue: You can ask us any questions you have about GCSEs and the year itself etc. :biggrin:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
This thread is so cute.
Original post by Pandora___

I'm not quite sure actually. I suppose I'm looking forward to starting psychology, but I've heard Year 10 is very stressful!

No :frown: though I've heard it's great, so I am definitely planning on watching it soon.

You'll be fine, honest! My biggest advice would be to make sure you've done your best in any controlled assessments/coursework you might have, if you're unsure about something, ask. You'll regret it later on otherwise, or feel relieved knowing you have x percent of the grade secured. :smile:

It's good, especially toward the end, imo. It's a shame they've ended it!

Would you like to make the new thread? It'd be good to have someone in the year make it :tongue: I can help you with it, too. :h:
Would you like to make the new thread? It'd be good to have someone in the year make it :tongue: I can help you with it, too. :h:

Like right now?

EDIT: That was a silly question. Cool, I'm gonna make it right now :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mr...
Nah you don't make it right now. A mod will purple post the chat and close the thread

Lol just made it.
Original post by Mr...
I've tagged a Mod to fix the situation
+ The threads start at Mark 1 every year

Ohhh, woops....
Like right now?

EDIT: That was a silly question. Cool, I'm gonna make it right now :tongue:

Sorry, I should've made that clear. The thread is made when all the other threads are ready to be made too, that's going to happen after A level Results Day but before GCSE, as usy said. :smile:
Sorry, I should've made that clear. The thread is made when all the other threads are ready to be made too, that's going to happen after A level Results Day but before GCSE, as usy said. :smile:

It's okay, I find it slightly funny to be honest :tongue:
Ohhh, woops....

Original post by Mr...
:lol: It's fine, I'm sure someone will be able to fix it:redface:

Getting it sorted. :tongue:
Ohhh, woops....

Don't worry about it - we'll just blame Black Rose and all will be fine. :wink:
Original post by usycool1

It was my fault tbf. :lol:

Thanks for sorting it out, usyboob. :wink:

Like we do for everything then :wink:
Original post by Gingerbread101

:colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash:
It was my fault tbf. :lol:

Thanks for sorting it out, usyboob. :wink:

For the last time, do not call me that. :indiff:

Original post by Gingerbread101

:awesome:
:colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash:

:angel:

First she breaks everything, then she does that, what a rebel she is :giggle:

Hmm, I could call you this other name Astrud told me about. :teehee:
Hmm, I could call you this other name Astrud told me about. :teehee:

I don't know which you're talking about. :s-smilie: You guys have come up with all sorts of ridiculous names for me that I lost count. :sly: