The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Nerves are kicking in now... What does everyone think they got?? I'm aiming for A*A*A but I'm scared I'll get A*AB :s-smilie:
Original post by laurensmiley97
Wait, what?! I knew they got them before results day but I didn't realise it was so much before! :s-smilie:

It's so universities have a good few days to decide on missed offers and to process stuff I imagine.
Original post by MagicJigsaw
Nerves are kicking in now... What does everyone think they got?? I'm aiming for A*A*A but I'm scared I'll get A*AB :s-smilie:

I was supposed to get all A*s but I feel I'll end up with A*AABB (ie miss my offer)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh right! It's kind of unsettling to know that they'll have our results but we have to wait another six days :frown:
Does anyone know of any colleges that send an acceptance/ rejection email in case UCAS track crashes? I really want to know before I have to go in and get results

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3025
I'm in a really annoying position where I think the most likely grades to get will be A*A*AA which is obviously good and better than most people I know but that would still be missing my offer as I need an A* in chemistry or physics which I think will be the two As. urgh I just wanna know now
Original post by bafid
I'm in a really annoying position where I think the most likely grades to get will be A*A*AA which is obviously good and better than most people I know but that would still be missing my offer as I need an A* in chemistry or physics which I think will be the two As. urgh I just wanna know now

SAME exactly

I actually had a dream where that happened last night

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3027
Original post by Elcor
SAME exactly

I actually had a dream where that happened last night

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still if all goes well on thursday then is only 8 weeks til we'll be at Cambridge which after how long Ive wanted to go for seems really weird
Does anyone know when grade boundaries are released?
Original post by aworldalone
Does anyone know when grade boundaries are released?

Day before results day, I believe. I think it's at midnight that day too! I think I'm going to try not to torture myself by not looking this year, but that seems unlikely
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3030
Someone told me that your university emails you accepting or rejecting you at 12am on Results day morning, is this not the case then? Or can you only find out before you get the actual results if you look on track at 8am? I'd much rather find out another way apart from opening a letter at school.
Original post by AlfieD
Someone told me that your university emails you accepting or rejecting you at 12am on Results day morning, is this not the case then? Or can you only find out before you get the actual results if you look on track at 8am? I'd much rather find out another way apart from opening a letter at school.

Track should have updated when it re-opens at 8am letting you know if your place has been confirmed. You will also probably receive an email or letter from your College either on Results Day or in the few days after. You can find out if you've made/missed your offer by also getting your results from your school :smile:
does track definitely reopen at 8am?
Original post by HeyThereHarry
does track definitely reopen at 8am?

Apparently the last two years it's opened at 7:30

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HopefulLawyerHG
Apparently the last two years it's opened at 7:30

Posted from TSR Mobile

oooh okay
All the best for results, guys! Don't torture yourself with mark schemes. It's already been decided, and these things are often super hard to gauge. :smile:
Original post by camaieu
All the best for results, guys! Don't torture yourself with mark schemes. It's already been decided, and these things are often super hard to gauge. :smile:

No mark schemes for me anyway :colonhash:

My mums 24th anniversary today, let's go party
Original post by L'Evil Fish
No mark schemes for me anyway :colonhash:

My mums 24th anniversary today, let's go party

On the lash?
Original post by bored565
On the lash?

With my 40+ and 50+ year old parents? For sure

Going for a meal tomorrow instead
Original post by bored565
On the lash?