The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Anything for mature students in freshers week?

Does anyone know if theres anything for mature students going on in freshers week at Bournemouth uni? Be great to meet some fellow students in my age bracket (aka some oldies :wink: lol). Thank you :smile:
Bingo?

Lol, jk. What age bracket are we talking here?
Also, male or female?
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Original post by Scienceisgood
Bingo?

Lol, jk. What age bracket are we talking here?
Also, male or female?

lol! Def hope theres no Bingo!!

Im 32. female. My friend is going to Royal Holloway and they're doing loads of mature student stuff in freshers week.
Original post by leesh31
Does anyone know if theres anything for mature students going on in freshers week at Bournemouth uni? Be great to meet some fellow students in my age bracket (aka some oldies :wink: lol). Thank you :smile:

Sorry about the long wait for a response, was busy lately...
Anyway, I know someone who does forensics, she's about your age and a single mother.

Anyway, she has joined the women's rugby society.
So, perhaps a sports society?

I would look at the Fresher's page for your uni and see if there's anything there which takes your fancy really.
Don't go to Bournemouth uni, only found this thread browsing through the posts with 0 posts on them. =P

I assume it is like mine where you have to log in in order to see what's available/purchase tickets.
Original post by leesh31
lol! Def hope theres no Bingo!!

Im 32. female. My friend is going to Royal Holloway and they're doing loads of mature student stuff in freshers week.

Im 20 if that counts as mature :wink:

jk (not about 20), if your staying in halls, you may be "the odd one out".
As theres always 1 guy who is mature (in every single halls). I happened to be good friends with the guy in my halls. One of my best uni buds to this day.
He was 30.

As for stuff to do, it really depends on what your into.
Reply 5
Original post by ripjonsnow
Im 20 if that counts as mature :wink:

jk (not about 20), if your staying in halls, you may be "the odd one out".
As theres always 1 guy who is mature (in every single halls). I happened to be good friends with the guy in my halls. One of my best uni buds to this day.
He was 30.

As for stuff to do, it really depends on what your into.

No I'm not staying in halls. Im married and staying with the husband - think he may object to me leaving to stay in halls lol! I think ill check out the uni website, see whats there as to associations etc. Thank you for your reply, sounds like you made good friends with that guy, gives me hope that i won't be on me tod lol!
Reply 6
Original post by Scienceisgood
Sorry about the long wait for a response, was busy lately...
Anyway, I know someone who does forensics, she's about your age and a single mother.

Anyway, she has joined the women's rugby society.
So, perhaps a sports society?

I would look at the Fresher's page for your uni and see if there's anything there which takes your fancy really.
Don't go to Bournemouth uni, only found this thread browsing through the posts with 0 posts on them. =P

I assume it is like mine where you have to log in in order to see what's available/purchase tickets.

Thanks for your reply. Yea i think Im going to check out some societies and go from there. Hopefully ill meet some fellow oldies through them. Theres nothing on the freshers week which is for mature students yet. Maybe i can change that for next years joiners! thanks again :smile:
I'm a mature student.... I'm 43 and live in Blandford... I'm starting the Pgdip in mental health nursing at Bournemouth x x x
Original post by Melbourner
I'm a mature student.... I'm 43 and live in Blandford... I'm starting the Pgdip in mental health nursing at Bournemouth x x x

I'm gunna be starting the UG bsc hons in mental health nursing. What degree have you previously done?
Original post by leesh31

I'm 23 and classed as a mature student. I just did a year at reading uni and tbh there wasn't much for mature students. The mature students society was headed by 2 oldies and wasn't very appealing. It was things like walks around the campus 🙈
Original post by Bcslater92
I'm gunna be starting the UG bsc hons in mental health nursing. What degree have you previously done?

Hi, my previous degree is BSc in Applied social sciences... Are you going to Bournemouth x x
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Melbourner
Hi, my precious degree is BSc in Applied social sciences... Are you going to Bournemouth x x

Yup starting in September! Can't wait xx
Original post by Bcslater92
Yup starting in September! Can't wait xx

I think we get to do some
Classes together so hopefully get to meet x x x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending