The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

People wonder why I hate saying I'm half Pakistani - here's your answer.
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Doesn't surprise me.

Terrible country with terrible people

Says the cretin.
Original post by Nucleotide
People wonder why I hate saying I'm half Pakistani - here's your answer.

No one can respect an individual who does not respect himself or what he is.
[QUOTE=BlindingLight;58301319]No one can respect an individual who does not respect himself or what he is.

Just because I hate being paki doesn't mean I don't respect myself?

I'm paki by skin colour only. Beyond that I have no connection to that country
Original post by Nucleotide
Just because I hate being paki doesn't mean I don't respect myself?

I'm paki by skin colour only. Beyond that I have no connection to that country

Do you look down on your parent for being Pakistani?
[QUOTE=BlindingLight;58301371]Do you look down on your parent for being Pakistani?

My parents have never been to pakistan, nor have my grandparents.

My family has had no connection to pakistan for three generations.
Original post by ChampEon
I'd have to disagree. On what basis do you think most of them are hateful?

I have to admit, like you I never really paid any thought to the reasons behind my negative perception of Pakistan until I came across 'Humans of New York's recent tour of Pakistan. It was a serious eye-opener. They're people like everyone else and the main victims of all the terrible things the media tells us about them.

Why do you think Pakistan wanted independence from India? It's because the majority of that section of India at the time were Muslim and the Majority of India are Hindus. The Muslims hated the Hindus and there would be serious aggravation, violence and death in this region due to the hatefulness of what is now Pakistan. Why do you think there have been so many wars between India and Pakistan?

I too read the HONY tour and obviously they are only going to pick out the good people, yes there are some decent people in Pakistan obviously but the majority of the country like to keep themselves to themselves and hate the rest of the world.

Original post by Lord Samosa
You are seriously such a ****ing bellend. :facepalm: why are you always generalising and hating on us asians?

Haha calm down, it's just my opinion.

It's because I don't like Asian culture or their religion. Some Asian culture is good but most of it is terrible
Original post by BlindingLight
Says the cretin.

I'm a lovely person :smile:
Why do you think Pakistan wanted independence from India? It's because the majority of that section of India at the time were Muslim and the Majority of India are Hindus. The Muslims hated the Hindus and there would be serious aggravation, violence and death in this region due to the hatefulness of what is now Pakistan. Why do you think there have been so many wars between India and Pakistan?

I too read the HONY tour and obviously they are only going to pick out the good people, yes there are some decent people in Pakistan obviously but the majority of the country like to keep themselves to themselves and hate the rest of the world.

It's because I don't like Asian culture or their religion. Some Asian culture is good but most of it is terrible

You're still a **** regardless. :smile:

lol you know f all and are trying to give a proper viewpoint, like its fact. the complete opposite to what ive bolded occurred, i dont even care about either religion but dont post crap and make it sound like fact.
Original post by welcometoib
lol you know f all and are trying to give a proper viewpoint, like its fact. the complete opposite to what ive bolded occurred, i dont even care about either religion but dont post crap and make it sound like fact.

I know a lot more than you, you're trying to say that the Hindu's forced the Muslims into a sector and made them separate? Well it takes two hate, yes obviously the Hindus didn't like the Muslims either but the aggression and formation was started by Muslims.

You're Indian yet trying to back up Pakistan?

You're still a **** regardless. :smile:

Why?
I know a lot more than you, you're trying to say that the Hindu's forced the Muslims into a sector and made them separate? Well it takes two hate, yes obviously the Hindus didn't like the Muslims either but the aggression and formation was started by Muslims.

Why?

im trying to make sure crap isnt written that is factually incorrect. yes, thats exactly what happened, and it forced a new state to be created, dont be watching too much ghandi. not backing up anyone, unlike some on here i dont allow blatant racism and prejudice to cloud views, work on that.

Why?

Generalising 180m+ of my people, calling us terrible, im not going to take kindly to that. Fair enough you hate our culture and everything to do with us, you dont need to make assumptions about all of us.

so what makes our culture so bad? and what would you define as culture in terms of what you live by(ie your culture)?
im indian by the way if you wish to elaborate on culture.
Original post by welcometoib
im trying to make sure crap isnt written that is factually incorrect. yes, thats exactly what happened, and it forced a new state to be created, dont be watching too much ghandi. not backing up anyone, unlike some on here i dont allow blatant racism and prejudice to cloud views, work on that.

No once again you're wrong.

Have a read of this

http://www.fsmitha.com/h2/ch23india.htm

The problem is that Islam is a monotheist religion and so hates all other religious groups, they started the violence Hindu's finished it because there were more of them
Generalising 180m+ of my people, calling us terrible, im not going to take kindly to that. Fair enough you hate our culture and everything to do with us, you dont need to make assumptions about all of us.

So would you have a problem with me generilising Iraq or Syria?

I'm not making assumptions, it's based on everything that happens in Pakistan. You say "Us" but you don't even live in Pakistan and probably haven't even been there that often no? Correct me if I'm wrong, I just always hear of these Westerners who haven't lived in their "home" countries for decades in their family line backing up their "home" countries they know nothing of.
Original post by Anemone4Life
so what makes our culture so bad? and what would you define as culture in terms of what you live by(ie your culture)?
im indian by the way if you wish to elaborate on culture.

Imo (haven't looked at google definition) culture is the way the majority of people will live their lives and will base most their decisions on their culture. Upbringing has everything to do with culture and society is based mainly around culture

This thread will explain my grievance with Asian culture (read at your own caution, title is clickbait)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3348933
So would you have a problem with me generilising Iraq or Syria?

I'm not making assumptions, it's based on everything that happens in Pakistan. You say "Us" but you don't even live in Pakistan and probably haven't even been there that often no? Correct me if I'm wrong, I just always hear of these Westerners who haven't lived in their "home" countries for decades in their family line backing up their "home" countries they know nothing of.

I would, but i obviously wouldnt be as offended as I dont have any relation to them.

Ive been several times as child, granted its been a few years since ive been (due to uni), i still like to think i know what the people are like, I speak the language fluently and speak to people who have moved from there regularly.
Doesn't surprise me.

Terrible country with terrible people

Well when it comes to paedophillia, white folks come on top of the list. not sure why though. When the truth does come out, it is after the guy is dead. please see Jimmy Saville for more details, if the rumoursare about ted heath well...

At least Pakistan is doing something to tackle these paedos- hope they hang him.
I would, but i obviously wouldnt be as offended as I dont have any relation to them.

Ive been several times as child, granted its been a few years since ive been (due to uni), i still like to think i know what the people are like, I speak the language fluently and speak to people who have moved from there regularly.

Really? Generilisations are useful sometimes in cases like this. Otherwise results in social science would be meaningless no?

Interesting, well we will have to agree to disagree

Latest

Trending

Trending