The Student Room Group

Nottingham A100 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Just wondering about lectures; are the slides for each lecture available before each lecture, or after, or not at all?
Original post by ellie_finch
Just wondering about lectures; are the slides for each lecture available before each lecture, or after, or not at all?

For first and second year lectures, the slides are generally given to you in advance in the module handbook, with the caveat that some lecturers don't upload completed slides in advance (to encourage people to come to the actual lectures) and some will give you bullet pointed notes but not the slides themselves.
My dbs was done by nottingham and came through the post. A fee was charged. Do i have to pay the fee if i missed my offer and didn't get into nottingham
Original post by student028
My dbs was done by nottingham and came through the post. A fee was charged. Do i have to pay the fee if i missed my offer and didn't get into nottingham

Sorry to hear that you missed your offer...maybe they will still let you in if there are places avaibalr after results day?
I think you still have to pay but you may want to ring uni regarding it
Original post by Nottie
Sorry to hear that you missed your offer...maybe they will still let you in if there are places avaibalr after results day?
I think you still have to pay but you may want to ring uni regarding it

Oh no i haven't missed my offer well I don't know yet till next week so do i pay even if next week arrives and i miss the offer?
Oh no i haven't missed my offer well I don't know yet till next week so do i pay even if next week arrives and i miss the offer?

is it the 44pounds one? I didn't pay it until like 2 weeks ago so guess it isn't urgent.
Although I got my certificate after I started 1st year since I had some issues in completing it.

As Nottie said, you can pay later; like well into the first year. I remember an email being sent around to remind people to pay, don't think I paid until about two months ago haha

But if you can, try pay it soon after receiving your offer so you have less to worry about at the end of the year when you're likely to have not much money left :P
Any current students got any stationary advice? Was going to buy it when i got there but its all on sale at the minute. Do you get a lot of useful booklets/handouts or are you expected to make your own notes from the textbooks and lectures?
Original post by buttered_peanut
Any current students got any stationary advice? Was going to buy it when i got there but its all on sale at the minute. Do you get a lot of useful booklets/handouts or are you expected to make your own notes from the textbooks and lectures?

Lecturers expect you to do some extra reading but usually the notes they give out + notes you make during lecture are good enough to pass and even get a decent mark.
I made literally no notes except the ones during lectures in 1st term and managed to pass (didn't do awesome though) but in 2nd term I copy pasted the lecture slides for all modules and did waay better
Original post by buttered_peanut

I pretty much got through the year with using only black biros and a good few A4 notepads, but that was mainly in first semester.
I used to write up lectures after a few days to refresh what I learnt.
But in second semester I realised I was better off just re-reading lecture slides.

I'd say just get what you think will help you the most and when you get here you'll either stick with it or end up coming up with a new way to learn haha
what is the normal attire for daily medical students?

hoping to start this september if results go good
what is the normal attire for daily medical students?

hoping to start this september if results go good

Casual clothing unless you're on placement.

So basically what you'd wear day to day, it's really not strict at all. Occasionally people will be dressed in fancy dress to lectures to raise money for charity etc.
Original post by unknownone
Casual clothing unless you're on placement.

So basically what you'd wear day to day, it's really not strict at all. Occasionally people will be dressed in fancy dress to lectures to raise money for charity etc.

Since placements start year 1 I should bring some smart attire right?
Do we need to carry much on a day-to-day basis other than just stationary? Also, what's the situation with textbooks (buy them or library or ??)?
Since placements start year 1 I should bring some smart attire right?

There are 3 hospital visits and 4 GP placement over the year. And an OSCE exam for which you need to dress smartly. So yeah :tongue:
Original post by brbwafflesyay
Do we need to carry much on a day-to-day basis other than just stationary? Also, what's the situation with textbooks (buy them or library or ??)?

Don't buy textbooks. But be quick in the library cause they tend to disappear after the first week.
Depending on the day you have to carry the lecture notes that are given out during first few days of the term and sometimes it's like 5 different booklets which can be quite heavy!
I did it
I did it

Congrats :biggrin: See you in September!
It's gone a bit quiet on this thread? Are you all "in"? Hope you all had the results you hoped for.
Hiii i'm so excited for september! hope everyone got what they wanted, can't wait to see you soon! x
moving in to cotton mill

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending