The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EdwardElric
Yep, never though I'd be genuinely scared of Gon, what a rollercoaster that arc was. A shame that it dragged a little near the end though. Still fantastic oveall. I might even watch the 1999 version soon, I need some more HxH in my life :tongue:

Spoiler

Well, the '99 version is supposedly a longer version of the '014 one? :tongue:

That scene was beautiful
Original post by Imperion
Well, the '99 version is supposedly a longer version of the '014 one? :tongue:

That scene was beautiful

1999 runs from the beginning up until Yorknew, with some Greed Island OVAs.

Spoiler

1999 runs from the beginning up until Yorknew, with some Greed Island OVAs.

Spoiler

Died at 47 days of age :moon: R.I.P. Ant King.
Died at 47 days of age :moon: R.I.P. Ant King.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
He never got to beat Komugi at gungi :no:

She's joining him soon.....

Spoiler

She's joining him soon.....

Spoiler

lol I think we've pretty much hijacked this thread. Good to talk to another HxH fan though, a shame that there aren't more good battle shounen like HxH out there.
lol I think we've pretty much hijacked this thread. Good to talk to another HxH fan though, a shame that there aren't more good battle shounen like HxH out there.

Just realised lmao :lol: HxH was unique, it might continue but this is the second hiatus... who knows if the author is willing to try again.
I'm currently marathon'in through Kingdom. It's very good :smile:
Original post by Ki Yung Na
I'm currently marathon'in through Kingdom. It's very good :smile:

Whats this anime about, I keep hearing my mates talk about it highly
Original post by niceguy95

I haven't watched the anime but the manga is probs in my top 10, it's basically about the history of china during a period when it was in the warring states period. It's a very good manga and I imagine the anime is just as good so you should definitely check it out.
Original post by Red Fox
Opinions on Zetsuen no Tempest?

The first half of the series is amazing, with some of the best mind games and battles of wits I've seen outside of Death Note. Brilliant animation and music throughout, too. The second half didn't quite live up to the first IMO, but it wasn't terrible, just a bit underwhelming in comparison. Overall, I'd still recommend it. :smile:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
The first half of the series is amazing, with some of the best mind games and battles of wits I've seen outside of Death Note. Brilliant animation and music throughout, too. The second half didn't quite live up to the first IMO, but it wasn't terrible, just a bit underwhelming in comparison. Overall, I'd still recommend it. :smile:

Thanks I'll check it out:smile:
Original post by niceguy95

It's about a child king and his rise to the throne and the difficulties he faces whilst he's off and on it. It's pretty dramatic. It is also highly military driven but it balances things really well so there's plenty of character development. The plot isn't lost to battle scenes and nor are battle scenes lost to dramatic events outside the field. I recommend it, if you're anything like me in terms of position then this should keep your attention till results day :smile:
It's about a child king and his rise to the throne and the difficulties he faces whilst he's off and on it. It's pretty dramatic. It is also highly military driven but it balances things really well so there's plenty of character development. The plot isn't lost to battle scenes and nor are battle scenes lost to dramatic events outside the field. I recommend it, if you're anything like me in terms of position then this should keep your attention till results day :smile:

What results are you waiting for?:tongue:
Original post by Red Fox
What results are you waiting for?:tongue:

A2 results, and more importantly; whether or not I secure a place for university :redface:
A2 results, and more importantly; whether or not I secure a place for university :redface:

Same here, although I'm not really nervous.
Original post by Red Fox

Me too. I've been binging anime all summer because I've nothing else to do. It was purely to avoid feeling lonely and to avoid the thought of results coming out.
I'm not going off topic. I'm now watching Kingdom season 2 and damn does stuff get intense and exciting! :colone:

Original post by Red Fox

Most of the time I'm not but then I have these odd moments of nervousness which drive me crazy. My heart palpitations are palpable and sometimes it feels as if the valves on entry to the veins are failing and that in its place I have a huge void of blood flow.

Aside from that though. I'm pretty cool :biggrin: What have you applied for and whereabouts?
Original post by NekoJyo
Me too. I've been binging anime all summer because I've nothing else to do. It was purely to avoid feeling lonely and to avoid the thought of results coming out.

I try marathon anime too but I seem to struggle to find an anime to next latch onto after completing one, I end up just keeping 20 or so tabs of myanimlist pages open which are of anime I might watch but then completely forget about till I have an impulse to start watching something, often something that's not on my list of anime to watch.. :s-smilie:
I try marathon anime too but I seem to struggle to find an anime to next latch onto after completing one, I end up just keeping 20 or so tabs of myanimlist pages open which are of anime I might watch but then completely forget about till I have an impulse to start watching something, often something that's not on my list of anime to watch.. :s-smilie:

I'm watching 9 different series at the same a so when I get bored with one I switch to another

Latest