Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3901
Original post by Qwerty1996
My A* grade boundary predictions:

Unit 4: 61
Unit 5 astro: 60

What do you guys think??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope unit 5 is about 55 instead of 60.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qwerty1996
My A* grade boundary predictions:

Unit 4: 61
Unit 5 astro: 60

What do you guys think??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by CD223
I hope unit 5 is about 55 instead of 60.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unit 4 probably about right, I don't expect it to move much from last year. Unit 5 boundaries have been getting lower, I'd say closer to 55 than 60 but who knows!
Reply 3903
Original post by Lau14
Unit 4 probably about right, I don't expect it to move much from last year. Unit 5 boundaries have been getting lower, I'd say closer to 55 than 60 but who knows!

The trouble with both papers was the typo in unit 4 and the replacement paper including weird questions like "what is the maximum range". This makes me think unit 4 will be about 1 mark lower and unit 5 up by about 2 marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
The trouble with both papers was the typo in unit 4 and the replacement paper including weird questions like "what is the maximum range". This makes me think unit 4 will be about 1 mark lower and unit 5 up by about 2 marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it really depends how big of an impact the typo had on people's ability to do the rest of the paper and how they mark that question. I think a very large number of people didn't even notice - no one in our college did - so if this percentage is high enough and they mark answers to what the question was meant to say as correct, it won't have much effect on grade boundaries at all. I just don't understand how it slipped through all the checking!

I'll be very happy if the A* boundary is anywhere around mid 50s or below in unit 5 though because that'd hopefully get me full ums - although I'd think weird questions would push grade boundaries down? From what I remember last years paper was pretty straightforward and they still went down though, it seems an odd one to try and predict for
Reply 3905
Original post by Lau14
Yeah it really depends how big of an impact the typo had on people's ability to do the rest of the paper and how they mark that question. I think a very large number of people didn't even notice - no one in our college did - so if this percentage is high enough and they mark answers to what the question was meant to say as correct, it won't have much effect on grade boundaries at all. I just don't understand how it slipped through all the checking!

I'll be very happy if the A* boundary is anywhere around mid 50s or below in unit 5 though because that'd hopefully get me full ums - although I'd think weird questions would push grade boundaries down? From what I remember last years paper was pretty straightforward and they still went down though, it seems an odd one to try and predict for

Yeah although what I said seems counter intuitive with unit 5, it's so hard to predict that I genuinely think it can only go up a few marks at most.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Yeah although what I said seems counter intuitive with unit 5, it's so hard to predict that I genuinely think it can only go up a few marks at most.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd be shocked if it went down any further yeah, it was already 69% for an A* last year so I guess going up would make sense! Really want it to be time for the boundaries to be released now.
Reply 3907
Original post by Lau14
I'd be shocked if it went down any further yeah, it was already 69% for an A* last year so I guess going up would make sense! Really want it to be time for the boundaries to be released now.

Haha! Weirdly I'm getting more patient as the day draws nearer. I worked all day today, I'm working all day then going out tomorrow night, and working all morning on Wednesday before going to the cinema to keep busy. I think time will only get slower come Wednesday evening!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Haha! Weirdly I'm getting more patient as the day draws nearer. I worked all day today, I'm working all day then going out tomorrow night, and working all morning on Wednesday before going to the cinema to keep busy. I think time will only get slower come Wednesday evening!

Posted from TSR Mobile

This time off work isn't good for me, I'm driving myself up the wall! I don't even think I've done badly I just want to know all the exact numbers and how my friends have done. I did meet up with a couple of friends this afternoon who I haven't seen in a while so that was nice (until I had to walk home in an unexpected heatwave with all my heavy shopping :| ) but I don't really have anything to do. Wednesday is actually the one day I'm sorted for - work in the morning, an awful lot of baking to be done (and cleaning up afterwards) should take all afternoon/evening, dinner, bake off, then depending on whether my baking is finished or not my only free time is after 9pm! What are you seeing at the cinema?
Reply 3909
Original post by Lau14
This time off work isn't good for me, I'm driving myself up the wall! I don't even think I've done badly I just want to know all the exact numbers and how my friends have done. I did meet up with a couple of friends this afternoon who I haven't seen in a while so that was nice (until I had to walk home in an unexpected heatwave with all my heavy shopping :| ) but I don't really have anything to do. Wednesday is actually the one day I'm sorted for - work in the morning, an awful lot of baking to be done (and cleaning up afterwards) should take all afternoon/evening, dinner, bake off, then depending on whether my baking is finished or not my only free time is after 9pm! What are you seeing at the cinema?

Yeah time off isn't good in the next few days, hence I'm keeping as busy as possible!

I agree. I know I haven't flopped and I'm likely to get into my firm, but I want to know if my grades reflect my effort. I feel that with the amount of revision I did, I should be able to manage more than the AAA offer, without trying to sound arrogant :colondollar:

Nice! What are you baking? Bake off is great - Stu lived 15 mins away from me and favourited my tweet last week haha!

Undecided on the film! Any recommendations? I've heard mixed reviews on Fantastic Four?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Yeah time off isn't good in the next few days, hence I'm keeping as busy as possible!

I agree. I know I haven't flopped and I'm likely to get into my firm, but I want to know if my grades reflect my effort. I feel that with the amount of revision I did, I should be able to manage more than the AAA offer, without trying to sound arrogant :colondollar:

Nice! What are you baking? Bake off is great - Stu lived 15 mins away from me and favourited my tweet last week haha!

Undecided on the film! Any recommendations? I've heard mixed reviews on Fantastic Four?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately my parents are away so I literally can't get to work... and I chose to come to my grandparents so that I can walk into town instead of being stuck in my village for three days except I didn't want to bring piles and piles of stuff for three days so I'm kind of bored and obsessively refreshing tsr!

Yeah same, I know I've easily hit my offer and I've got no nerves there but I'd really like to get the grades I want because I actually worked hard this year!

Chocolate fudge cake (well, I should probably make that tomorrow and ice it Wednesday seeing as it's for Thursday and I'll be tight on time otherwise!) which I have owed my friend forever and as he feels he has no hope of getting into Cambridge after STEP this can be either celebration cake or sympathy cake, and some kind of biscuit structure for the bake off (biscuit week :biggrin:). Probably going to try and build a gingerbread house type thing but with plain/chocolate biscuits and use my doctor who cutters to surround it with weeping angels or something :biggrin: The only problem is asda don't have any boiled sweets (the translucent ish coloured sort) to do stained windows with so tomorrow I have to decide between walking into town to look or walking to Sainsbury's (and also go to asda again to get the rest of my shopping bc I can only carry so much at once!)
That's pretty cool :biggrin:

I think the last time I went to the cinema was months ago to see Insurgent - it's so expensive without orange wednesdays :frown: - so I've got no clue to be honest, sorry!
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to disturb but please DONT WATCH FANTASTIC FOUR!
Its not just me who disliked every act of the film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVtIY1vFAP8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo5NETEV0S0
Reply 3912
Original post by Lau14
Unfortunately my parents are away so I literally can't get to work... and I chose to come to my grandparents so that I can walk into town instead of being stuck in my village for three days except I didn't want to bring piles and piles of stuff for three days so I'm kind of bored and obsessively refreshing tsr!

Yeah same, I know I've easily hit my offer and I've got no nerves there but I'd really like to get the grades I want because I actually worked hard this year!

Chocolate fudge cake (well, I should probably make that tomorrow and ice it Wednesday seeing as it's for Thursday and I'll be tight on time otherwise!) which I have owed my friend forever and as he feels he has no hope of getting into Cambridge after STEP this can be either celebration cake or sympathy cake, and some kind of biscuit structure for the bake off (biscuit week :biggrin:). Probably going to try and build a gingerbread house type thing but with plain/chocolate biscuits and use my doctor who cutters to surround it with weeping angels or something :biggrin: The only problem is asda don't have any boiled sweets (the translucent ish coloured sort) to do stained windows with so tomorrow I have to decide between walking into town to look or walking to Sainsbury's (and also go to asda again to get the rest of my shopping bc I can only carry so much at once!)
That's pretty cool :biggrin:

I think the last time I went to the cinema was months ago to see Insurgent - it's so expensive without orange wednesdays :frown: - so I've got no clue to be honest, sorry!

Hahahah. TSR has been a help this year venting my frustration at the wait haha.

I totally understand that. I put all my heart and soul into my subjects this year and I pray it paid off. I don't think I did enough for an A* in physics though :frown:

Sweet, sounds tasty! I wish I could bake.

Yeah my friend can get two for one tickets so thankfully they're only a fiver - still unsure on what to see though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Hahahah. TSR has been a help this year venting my frustration at the wait haha.

I totally understand that. I put all my heart and soul into my subjects this year and I pray it paid off. I don't think I did enough for an A* in physics though :frown:

Sweet, sounds tasty! I wish I could bake.

Yeah my friend can get two for one tickets so thankfully they're only a fiver - still unsure on what to see though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I don't know what I did last year without unofficial markschemes, exam threads, etc! I wasn't so bothered about results day last year though because I didn't put much work in.

I think I should manage the A*... as long as the EMPA went alright, it felt okay but it's hard to predict! Chemistry's the one I'm a little worried for, and if I miss the A* it will be only just out :/ Hopefully you do get it - excited to see grade boundaries tonight!

It's not too hard, follow the instructions and practice a bit and you get there! It's risen an awful lot though which is kind of a pain because you have to cut bits off so it'll lie flat... but also extra bits to eat :biggrin:

That's useful then, pretty sure we're just not going to the cinema anymore unless it something really specific that we want to see :/
Reply 3914
Original post by Lau14
Yeah I don't know what I did last year without unofficial markschemes, exam threads, etc! I wasn't so bothered about results day last year though because I didn't put much work in.

I think I should manage the A*... as long as the EMPA went alright, it felt okay but it's hard to predict! Chemistry's the one I'm a little worried for, and if I miss the A* it will be only just out :/ Hopefully you do get it - excited to see grade boundaries tonight!

It's not too hard, follow the instructions and practice a bit and you get there! It's risen an awful lot though which is kind of a pain because you have to cut bits off so it'll lie flat... but also extra bits to eat :biggrin:

That's useful then, pretty sure we're just not going to the cinema anymore unless it something really specific that we want to see :/

Unfortunately I won't see grade boundaries for all my subjects until Thursday morning.

I do AQA Maths and Physics, and Edexcel History, but I also do WJEC Computing.

The EMPA will probably let me down. I think I did okay in the exams, but then again that's so hard to predict without seeing the boundaries tonight.

Haha! Bake off will be a cool distraction tomorrow.

I'm basically going to the cinema to kill time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Unfortunately I won't see grade boundaries for all my subjects until Thursday morning.

I do AQA Maths and Physics, and Edexcel History, but I also do WJEC Computing.

The EMPA will probably let me down. I think I did okay in the exams, but then again that's so hard to predict without seeing the boundaries tonight.

Haha! Bake off will be a cool distraction tomorrow.

I'm basically going to the cinema to kill time!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will you not see any until then or is it just the WJEC ones youll be waiting on? They do seem to be pretty disorganised with releasing things!

Yeah EMPA boundaries won't even tell us much I doubt :/ I don't have a predicted mark for it anyway, everything else the grade boundaries should give me a pretty good estimate of my actual results I hope!

Yep tomorrow I should be busy all day pretty much... at the moment though I can't even find the energy to move!

Probably a good plan, if the film ends up being a bit boring though you're there for two hours thinking about results :tongue:
Reply 3916
Original post by Lau14
Will you not see any until then or is it just the WJEC ones youll be waiting on? They do seem to be pretty disorganised with releasing things!

Yeah EMPA boundaries won't even tell us much I doubt :/ I don't have a predicted mark for it anyway, everything else the grade boundaries should give me a pretty good estimate of my actual results I hope!

Yep tomorrow I should be busy all day pretty much... at the moment though I can't even find the energy to move!

Probably a good plan, if the film ends up being a bit boring though you're there for two hours thinking about results :tongue:

WJEC are terrible for grade boundaries and Mark schemes. It's the worst board IMO.

I'll look at AQA ones at midnight and then Edexcel when I get back from work tomorrow.

You?

Good luck if I don't get to say it beforehand! I'm sure you'll get into Oxford. Been really cool chatting on the maths & physics threads this year so thanks :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mehrdad Jafari, we're all waiting on you :tongue:
Original post by ubisoft
Mehrdad Jafari, we're all waiting on you :tongue:

For me or the grade boundaries? :tongue:
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
For me or the grade boundaries? :tongue:

For you to post the boundaries :colondollar:

Physics first? And which other ones are you going to post?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply