The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pointless Kitty
I literally love HONY for making people realise this!
I'm a British Pakistani and trust me, the people who live there are exactly like people who live here in the UK. There are some people who are involved in such things but you can't blame everyone for it.
pakistan also has people like Malala and all the other girls who go to school everyday just to prove that everyone has equal rights. It is also land the land of Edhi who operates the largest ambulance service that runs entirely on donations.
Pakistan is developing and even Britain was in this same state 70 years ago. Every country goes through it before finally having proper law and order

Exactly. Finally, someone who sees reason!

Yeah the Edhi Foundation is simply amazing. Pakistan and many similar countries in Asia are well on their way to becoming developed countries. It is well deserved, considering all they've been through. Anyway, if Muhammad Yunus won a Nobel Prize for founding Grameen Bank then it shouldn't be long until Edhi and his wife win one as well!
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
I did read it and I have to say I question your source. It seems you have your information confused, I don't understand how you're blaming the British

Frankly I couldn't give a **** about you

I have to admit that you have the typical British attitude. Btw why do you even care? It's Pakistan's own problem so let them deal with it.
Pakistan doesn't interfere with Britain's decision of staying in the EU.
Secondly have you heard about the Jalianwala bagh incident? Thousands of innocent people were locked in this caged garden and shot by british soldiers. There crime was nothing but that they were coincidently present there! Where were you then. I don't blame Britishers for what their ancestors did so how can you blame all Pakistanis!
Also pakistan has lifted it's ban on capital punishment aftee the APS event and hanged terrorists. But now all human rights people are arguing against it...why?
you know what I hate? Double standard! The whole west is allowed to hang terrorists to stop terrorism in their country but if Pakistan does it, everyone has a problem because the west wants it to be vulnerable because it benefits the west!
Original post by ChampEon
Exactly. Finally, someone who sees reason!

Yeah the Edhi Foundation is simply amazing. Pakistan and many similar countries in Asia are well on their way to becoming developed countries. It is well deserved, considering all they've been through. Anyway, if Muhammad Yunus won a Nobel Prize for founding Grameen Bank then it shouldn't be long until Edhi and his wife win one as well!

If Edhi wins a nobel prize, It would literally be the best day of my life! :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
I literally love HONY for making people realise this!
I'm a British Pakistani and trust me, the people who live there are exactly like people who live here in the UK. There are some people who are involved in such things but you can't blame everyone for it.
pakistan also has people like Malala and all the other girls who go to school everyday just to prove that everyone has equal rights. It is also land the land of Edhi who operates the largest ambulance service that runs entirely on donations.
Pakistan is developing and even Britain was in this same state 70 years ago. Every country goes through it before finally having proper law and order

How can you LITERALLY love a website?
Original post by Nucleotide
Just because I hate being paki doesn't mean I don't respect myself?

I'm paki by skin colour only. Beyond that I have no connection to that country

Lol no need to tell the world you attention whore. Take pride in yourself and stop licking so much arse.
Original post by DiceTheSlice
How can you LITERALLY love a website?

Haha ok mate, I just got excited when HONY was mentioned!

Stop picking on me! :frown:
Haha ok mate, I just got excited when HONY was mentioned!

Stop picking on me! :frown:

Such insolence I'm only correcting you
Original post by DiceTheSlice
Such insolence I'm only correcting you

I was just kidding dear! I'll change it, okay?
I apologise if it seemed wrong :smile:
Reply 68
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
No it's not really, obviously not everyone in Pakistan is terrible but the majority are. Most of them our hateful people and I think generilisations are acceptable

How the hell do you know what the majority are like? I'm willing to bet that you have never even visited the nation. That is the most ignorant bull**** I've ever read.

Original post by XcitingStuart
Lol, I have to admit that I like your style of thinking.

edit: Not saying I agree nor disagree with what you said though.

You are unbelievably cowardly. Just state your position.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by B-Man.
How the hell do you know what the majority are like? I'm willing to bet that you have never even visited the nation. That is the most ignorant bull**** I've ever read.

You are unbelievably cowardly. Just state your position.

You absolute [replacing with a lighter word] idiot. :smile:

I would have stated, out right and clear, if I agreed with him.
But I didn't, hence why there's nothing on the matter of agreeing, or disagreeing by the way, with him in my previous post.

I liked the way he thought, mainly the method by which he carried it out, and how he expressed himself through the medium of writing, because they can correlate with mine, hence why I ****ing said that.
The way one writes actually can actually show quite a bit about their personality also.

So next time, don't make such a ****ing fool of yourself.

P.S. "by the way" is used to introduce a new, less important topic.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 70
You absolute [replacing with a lighter word] idiot. :smile:

I would have stated, out right and clear, if I agreed with him.
But I didn't, hence why there's nothing on the matter of agreeing, or disagreeing by the way, with him in my previous post.
I liked the way he thought, mainly the method by which he carried it out, and how he expressed himself through the medium of writing, because they can correlate with mine, hence why I ****ing said that.
The way one writes actually can actually show quite a bit about their personality.

So next time, don't make such a ****ing fool of yourself.

P.S. "by the way" is used to introduce a new, less important topic.

If you wasn't a coward you wouldn't have made that edit and stayed neutral on the topic. So my inital characterisation of you was accurate. You are a little **** bitch. By the way considering how strongly you seem to advocate gay rights, I'd have assumed you would have challenged xenophobia with the same fevour. Apparently not. You challenged the ignorant generalisation over in this thread but didn't feel the same need to do that here.
(edited 8 years ago)
@B-Man.

How was it so predictable that someone would say this?
I made that edit because I predicted that response.

Deplorable really.
Reply 72
@B-Man.

How was it so predictable that someone would say this?
I made that edit because I predicted that response.

Deplorable really.

It was your edit that warranted that response. The fact that you refused to state whether you agreed or disagreed was the most pathetic part of that post.
Original post by B-Man.
If you wasn't a coward you wouldn't have made that edit and stayed neutral on the topic. So my inital characterisation of you was accurate. You are a little **** bitch. By the way considering how strongly you seem to advocate gay rights, I'd have assumed you would have challenged xenophobia with the same fevour

Oh, read my post above.

I strongly argue against homophobia, because I am confident and passionate in doing so.
I made that off-hand comment, yes, off-hand comment because I liked something coming through/showed through @Schrödingers Cat's post. I went back to clarify that I hadn't stated my viewpoint on whether I actually agreed with him or not, because I felt that it was guaranteed someone was going to misinterpret it. I knew my edit would probably still be misinterpreted, well I entertained the thought anyway, but I had faith in humanity. You still (unfortunately) take my edit, almost innately, with a big dose of skepticism. (No, skepticism isn't the correct word to use, more of an idea like simply distrust, reading too much into this, and bad connotations, instead of taking it for simply as it was.)

I would assume it's quite a normal response to argue strongly against something, once you've gotten involved in it, and you have the correct arguments, and concision in your arguments, to back it up. It's easier to argue something you know more about, so no, I wouldn't naturally argue against xenophobia in the same fervour.

I don't plan to debate in every thread either, as I feel like I don't have the time to deign everything with a proper response, or a response at that, and I knew other people would do that for me.

Why is it so hard for you to admit that you were wrong, or even sorry, for what you said? Or not even that, just saying why you simply came to that conclusion, justifying your poor actions, or how you misinterpreted, but showed no further vigour. I've said plenty of times on here that I was wrong by the way, there is nothing shameful in doing that.
Original post by B-Man.
It was your edit that warranted that response. The fact that you refused to state whether you agreed or disagreed was the most pathetic part of that post.

Really? Clarification warrants that response?

I wasn't actually deigning a response as to whether I agreed or disagreed, and I didn't want to, so it was necessary.
Reply 75
Oh, read my post above.

I read it.

I made that off-hand comment, yes, off-hand comment because I liked something coming through/showed through @Schrödingers Cat's post.

Yeah :rolleyes: Complimenting a racist on his xenophobic post is a normal thing to do.

I went back to clarify that I hadn't stated my viewpoint on whether I actually agreed with him or not, because I felt that it was guaranteed someone was going to misinterpret it. I knew my edit would probably still be misinterpreted, well I entertained the thought anyway, but I had faith in humanity. You still (unfortunately) take my edit, almost innately, with a big dose of skepticism. (No, skepticism isn't the correct word to use, more of an idea like simply distrust, reading too much into this, and bad connotations, instead of taking it for simply as it was.)

I didn't claim that you felt one way or the other. Stop with the ridiculous strawman.

I would assume it's quite a normal response to argue strongly against something, once you've gotten involved in it, and you have the correct arguments, and concision in your arguments, to back it up. It's easier to argue something you know more about, so no, I wouldn't naturally argue against xenophobia in the same fervour.

How ignorant and ill-informed are you that you cannot recognise a generalisation like that.

Why is it so hard for you to admit that you were wrong, or even sorry, for what you said? Or not even that, just saying why you simply came to that conclusion, justifying your poor actions, or how you misinterpreted, but showed no further vigour. I've said plenty of times on here that I was wrong by the way, there is nothing shameful in doing that.

I'm not surprised that you are wrong all the time. Judging by the asenine comments that you've made in this thread I imagine that you rarely produce a coherent arguement.

You are a complete ****ing moron. I am done with you.
Original post by B-Man.
I read it.

I realised you must have when writing a later part of my post, but it was relevant for a full answer regardless.

Yeah :rolleyes: Complimenting a racist on his xenophobic post is a normal thing to do.

I don't care whether it was normal or not, and yes, I did (indirectly) compliment a racist on his xenophobic post, but I didn't (indirectly) compliment it based upon any of the racism or xenophobia present. Pleb.

I didn't claim that you felt one way or the other. Stop with the ridiculous strawman.

I know you didn't, yet you argue this anyway. The points you're making are really non-issues also. Also I thought it was relevant, and that I should give you a more thorough response on that matter.

How ignorant and ill-informed are you that you cannot recognise a generalisation like that.

Of course I knew that was a generalisation, fool, but I wasn't planning to get swept into an argument or debate regardless, which would devolve or digress onto something, where I would be painted wrong, or I'd slip up because I hadn't even done a slight bit of former research. Anyway the main reason was I had simply no desire to formulate a response at the time, be it time constraints, other priorities etc. The arguments I would use would in all likelihood be repeated by other people, so it wasn't as a result as high in my priority list as well.

I'm not surprised that you are wrong all the time. Judging by the asenine comments that you've made in this thread I imagine that you rarely produce a coherent arguement.

"asenine comments" :laugh: You make it sound like I'm a quite regular poster on this thread. Let's see, I remember the reply to Schrödingers Cat's post, then replies to you. I'll say I'm sorry if I'm wrong.

You are a complete ****ing moron. I am done with you.

It's a shame really; I haven't explained myself the best, but if I did, you'd probably still not understand what I'm saying for simply having jumped on one of the bandwagons of stupidity around these days.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by adil1231
Lol no need to tell the world you attention whore. Take pride in yourself and stop licking so much arse.

Ugh I have no pride coming from a backward country which has a **** reputation throughout the world

British Pakistanis are the worst though - biggest joke in the UK imo.

At least the farmers in Pakistan can use their lack of education as an excuse but what about the other corrupt officials who steal from the poor? Corruption is the only way anything gets done in Pakistan and you want me to be proud about that?
Ugh I have no pride coming from a backward country which has a **** reputation throughout the world

At least the farmers in Pakistan can use their lack of education as an excuse but what about the other corrupt officials who steal from the poor? Corruption is the only way anything gets done in Pakistan and you want me to be proud about that?

Lol, but your a British Pakistani as well?

"Ugh I have no pride coming from a backward country which has a **** reputation throughout the world" - the first step is to stop giving a **** about other people and stop licking their arses.