The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Ask a current Anglia Ruskin student

Hello!

There is no ARU thread like this so I thought I'd create one for any new and prospective students.

Anything you would like to know, simply fire away and post your question! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CharlieK94
Hello!

There is no ARU thread like this so I thought I'd create one for any new and prospective students.

Anything you would like to know, simply fire away and post your question! :smile:

What course are you studying? And what's been your experience of the uni so far? :smile:
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Hi, what are the best student halls in your opinion?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by shadowdweller
What course are you studying? And what's been your experience of the uni so far? :smile:

Hello :smile:

I am in my third year, studying Business Management.

My best moment at university so far, was reading my second year results. I was so overwhelmed, I put in lots of hard work in my studies, and it paid off as I am now on track to achieve a first class degree :colondollar:

Hard work does pay off!
Reply 4
Original post by farawayfromnowhere
Hi, what are the best student halls in your opinion?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It really depends to be honest with you. What campus would you like to study at?
Original post by CharlieK94
It really depends to be honest with you. What campus would you like to study at?

I'm studying at the Cambridge Campus and have applied to stay at CB1, do you have any opinions of it? Is it loud, quiet, clean etc? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm starting a psychology course in September and I'm really nervous about oral presentations. Did you have to do many? Also what happens if someone refuses to do an oral presentation ? :smile:
What's the ...

Extra curricular, nightlife and gym like

At chelmsford?
Original post by Ellebelle97
I'm starting a psychology course in September and I'm really nervous about oral presentations. Did you have to do many? Also what happens if someone refuses to do an oral presentation ? :smile:

Most psychology courses don't actually involve oral presentations. Coursework will be the main part of getting your grade, along with some exams.
Reply 9
would you say that Anglia Ruskin is a great uni to do psychology as a degree in?
Original post by farawayfromnowhere
I'm studying at the Cambridge Campus and have applied to stay at CB1, do you have any opinions of it? Is it loud, quiet, clean etc? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is very clean, very tight security. Don't be suprised if you get locked out, it happened to everyone! Your room is an ensuite (no bath) with a kitchen you have to share with 7 other people, you need to claim your cupboards and sign up for broadband it's free for the first two devices, then you have to £15 for the next four. I was beside the kitchen and it really wasn't that loud, you will only hear your flat mates.
Reply 11
I want to ask, if students are able to work during school year, especially students whose studying animal behavior :smile:)
Original post by Slov
I want to ask, if students are able to work during school year, especially students whose studying animal behavior :smile:)

Hi Slov

Thanks for your message. Yes, students can work while they study - we have an on-campus Employment Bureau which helps students gain work during and after studies.

If you'd like some more information, you can contact our friendly team at [email protected].

Natalie :smile:
Hi :smile:
Do you know anything about Education Studies at Chelmsford? Any reviews or what you've heard about the course?
Hi,

I'm considering doing paramedic science at ARU. Do you know what the course is like and whether students enjoy it? Is it a recommended course? How likely am I going to get work after graduation?

Thanks
Original post by Phoebe456
Hi,

I'm considering doing paramedic science at ARU. Do you know what the course is like and whether students enjoy it? Is it a recommended course? How likely am I going to get work after graduation?

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for your message - I'm glad you're thinking about studying Paramedic Science with us.

You can find out more about what it's actually like to be on the course by reading some of our students' blogs here. You can find out about their experiences on their placements as well as their take on life at Anglia Ruskin.

You can also contact [email protected] to find out more detailed information about the course.

I hope this helps!

Best wishes

Reply 16
Hello!

So how is the nightlife at chelmsford? Also, is this place quite or the same as city life like London?
Hi! I've had an offer for the Animal Behaviour degree starting in September but I dont know a lot about Cambridge! What's it like to live there as a student? Expensive, busy, fun??
Reply 18
Hey guys! Can anyone tell me how to get in touch with students starting their studies at ARU this September( special ly students pursuing mechanical eng) ? Of course I'll get to meet people when I'll be there but if I get to make friends early then well and good. :-D
Original post by sophie.b.hunt
Hi! I've had an offer for the Animal Behaviour degree starting in September but I dont know a lot about Cambridge! What's it like to live there as a student? Expensive, busy, fun??

Hi sophie.b.hunt

I hope you're well!

Glad to hear you're planning on joining us in Cambridge! We sent out an email last week about living and studying in Cambridge - did you receive this? If not, I can send it directly to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending