Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London Nursing Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by Ugomma
Hi rxy,
The email you received yesterday about urgent dbs docs has an attachment which lists documents you can provide. Why not go through the list, you might have some other document in the list you can provide besides a utility bill. If you dont have the list I could try to copy and paste for you.

Hi,

just phoned them now and they have said i can provide the photocopies that are certified along with the original birth certificate. Thanks for your help.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Hi guys, hope you had a sound night. I just got my DBS certificate this morning, and it's squeaky clean. My NHS bursary and Student Finance are all sorted and the only thing left now is the occupational health clearance from whom I've heard nothing. I have filled out the questionnaire and sent it back via email and got a response from them that they've received it back in May. Have you heard from them Ugomma or rxy?
That's good to know rxy.
Original post by akosuamansa
Hi guys, hope you had a sound night. I just got my DBS certificate this morning, and it's squeaky clean. My NHS bursary and Student Finance are all sorted and the only thing left now is the occupational health clearance from whom I've heard nothing. I have filled out the questionnaire and sent it back via email and got a response from them that they've received it back in May. Have you heard from them Ugomma or rxy?

Thats good for both of you. These things can be stressful. When I called yesterday to query why I was asked to send documents urgently even though i provided details to the update service in June, i asked about the occ health and the lady said she could confirm that they have received an email from occ health to confirm that all is in order. She said they will send out enrolment info to students in the next week or two after they have received all outstanding results or documents from conditional offer holders this week which is the last week so if you havent received anything in the next two weeks you have to chase it up quick.
I'm happy things are working out for you both at the moment.
I'm going to study Adult nursing pdgip. Can i ask what you both will be studying?
I'll be studying Bsc Adult Nursing
Reply 525
I'll be studying BSc Mental Health nursing
Reply 526
I am so nervous, by the way, have you had your DBS session?
Cool. Some of our courses might overlap.
Original post by rxy
I am so nervous, by the way, have you had your DBS session?

DBS session? What's that?
Reply 529
its a session you attend at kings college, to check your DBS.
Really? I never knew there was such a thing.
why are you so nervous about it if I may ask rxy?
Oh I don't know anything about that. I already had a valid DBS which is subscribed to the update service so i just gave them that. No one has said anything about a DBS session till now.

When you get your dbs certificate its worth subscriving for the update service if you didnt already know about it.you pay an annual fee of £13 and wont need to keeping doing checks as it will all be online and all you need to do is to give whoever needs it your certificate number and they can check online but you have to subscribe within 14 days of your certificate being issued.
Reply 533
why are you so nervous about it if I may ask rxy?

on the email, it stated about delays etc. and this may ruin my chance of enrolling on the course.
That's really great. Cuts out all the stress of waiting for a new certificate before you can start a new job.
Reply 535
Original post by Ugomma
Oh I don't know anything about that. I already had a valid DBS which is subscribed to the update service so i just gave them that. No one has said anything about a DBS session till now.

When you get your dbs certificate its worth subscriving for the update service if you didnt already know about it.you pay an annual fee of £13 and wont need to keeping doing checks as it will all be online and all you need to do is to give whoever needs it your certificate number and they can check online but you have to subscribe within 14 days of your certificate being issued.

Oh I see, not really sure to be honest with you, but there were dates in August and September, but there were not any spaces left in August, so i decided to pick a session in September the 18th.
Well, from what I know the Dbs check can delay you starting your placement and not your enrolment but then i could be wrong
Original post by rxy
on the email, it stated about delays etc. and this may ruin my chance of enrolling on the course.

The delays mentioned in the email is in relation to placements after you start the course. My last dbs arrived 3 days after my application was made online. Usually it would take a week or two. Hopefully yours wont take too long.
That's really great. Cuts out all the stress of waiting for a new certificate before you can start a new job.

Yes it does. So subscibe today!😉
Hi Guys,

Not sure if anyone is still looking for accommodation but myself and two other nursing students will be moving into a flat on August 24th, and there is one double room still available. We are all starting our Nursing Courses at Kings College in September.
The flat has two shared bathrooms, one en-suite and one WC, a large kitchen diner and a huge shared living room. The flat also benefits from a garden, which will be great for Summer. The room available is a double and a good size. The flat is a few minutes walk away from Balham underground station and overground links, making it easy to get around.The price per week is £170.For more information on the flat please click on the link below, which takes you to the spare room advert.If you are interested in having a look please get in touch.
http://spareroom.co.uk/4230546Thank youIzzy

Quick Reply

Latest