The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sevchenko
When was the last time an English club was a dominant force in England let alone Europe?

United under SAF probably. It's a weak argument though. Just because no team is dominant at the moment doesn't mean we should just accept what we are and be content with it. If anything it means it's an opportune time for us to push on and become that dominant team.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
United under SAF probably. It's a weak argument though. Just because no team is dominant at the moment doesn't mean we should just accept what we are and be content with it. If anything it means it's an opportune time for us to push on and become that dominant team.

Point was another manager doesn't necessary guarantee success. The fact that Chelsea, United, Liverpool and City with all they're spending hasn't really brought them dominance says alot. It means Arsenal have to be extra diligent in player development, training, management and tactics.

At least with Wenger we have a stability and a solid infrastructure we keep improving on . There have been signs of growth on and off the pitch at the club in many areas which give me hope the club can be successful regardless of who is in charge .

We'll see how this season goes I guess. We're more than capable of winning the league if the players wake up and start repaying Wenger.
City's 3-0 win makes arsenal not bottom of the league :smile:
Original post by shawn_o1
City's 3-0 win makes arsenal not bottom of the league :smile:

:rofl: so true
But it is only the start of the season :smile: so tiny errors are allowed to be made

Posted from TSR Mobile
Palace away is going to be an interesting one, if we drop points there (which is likely)....fuaarrck me things could get ugly quick.

Inb4 draw to palace
Inb4 loss to liverpool
Inb4 #WengerOut surpasses it's previous peaks on trends
Original post by leinad2012
Palace away is going to be an interesting one, if we drop points there (which is likely)....fuaarrck me things could get ugly quick.

Inb4 draw to palace
Inb4 loss to liverpool
Inb4 #WengerOut surpasses it's previous peaks on trends

I won't be surprised if we lose. Palace are a very strong team, they will make chances especially with their pace and dead ball skills.

A win would be a great result and put behind us West Ham's result.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sevchenko
When was the last time an English club was a dominant force in England let alone Europe?

Manchester United 2006-11

Brb 3 CL finals in 4 years
Brb unbeaten in CL for 2 years
Brb 3 straight titles (and it would have been 5 were it not for a Drogba offside goal being incorrectly given)
Brb 3 League Cups in 5 years
Brb 14 Premier League games without conceding a goal

You won't see an English club doing any of those things again any time soon.
(edited 8 years ago)
If Zaha plays like he did in the previous Monreal/Bellerin will suffer
Original post by sr90
Manchester United 2006-11

Brb 3 CL finals in 4 years
Brb unbeaten in CL for 2 years
Brb 3 straight titles (and it would have been 5 were it not for a Drogba offside goal being incorrectly given)
Brb 3 League Cups in 5 years
Brb 14 Premier League games without conceding a goal

You won't see an English club doing any of those things again any time soon.

Where did you go all those times?
Original post by TornadoGR4
Where did you go all those times?

Watching Leeds struggle to get out of a league containing Stockport County and Hereford :h:
@TornadoGR4- That's the list so far mate

The Shed End 301
leinad2012 279
Zürich 278
Stefano93 266
AR_95 257
sr90 235
Arkasia 225
difeo 215
Depleted 157
jam277 142
Lyrical Prodigy 139
angelfox 138
sevchenko 133s
hawn_o1 121
swirly 110
SA-1 104
atom y humber 99
Lúcio 94
ClockEnderAFC 75
Numan786 74
RA95 74
Kim-Jong-Illest 74
al_94 71
Rk2k14 66
Mackay 66
Tom.x.Gotze 65
Pimped Butterfly 62
Peggles_* 59
e rapaz 51
midnightice 47
TornadoGR4 44
fallen_acorns 38
toonervoustotalk 37
Original post by sr90
Watching Leeds struggle to get out of a league containing Stockport County and Hereford :h:

Hereford folded due to amassing a debt less than a week's wages for Rooney, do you think that's fair?
#obsessed
#infatuated
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
@TornadoGR4- That's the list so far mate

The Shed End 301
leinad2012 279
Zürich 278
Stefano93 266
AR_95 257
sr90 235
Arkasia 225
difeo 215
Depleted 157
jam277 142
Lyrical Prodigy 139
angelfox 138
sevchenko 133s
hawn_o1 121
swirly 110
SA-1 104
atom y humber 99
Lúcio 94
ClockEnderAFC 75
Numan786 74
RA95 74
Kim-Jong-Illest 74
al_94 71
Rk2k14 66
Mackay 66
Tom.x.Gotze 65
Pimped Butterfly 62
Peggles_* 59
e rapaz 51
midnightice 47
TornadoGR4 44
fallen_acorns 38
toonervoustotalk 37

Hm, thought I'd posted more in here. I like the top poster isn't even an Arsenal fan, sums up this thread perfectly
Hereford folded due to amassing a debt less than a week's wages for Rooney, do you think that's fair?

Of course I don't, but that's capitalism for you. I'm pretty sure there have been plenty of independent traders on the high street who fold over debts which are less than a days takings at the local Starbucks down the road. There isn't really a fair way to prevent things like that from happening.
So we've now been linked with cavani. I really hope it's true and not the usual newspaper nonsense because I rate him far higher than Benzema

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Complex Simplicity
So we've now been linked with cavani. I really hope it's true and not the usual newspaper nonsense because I rate him far higher than Benzema

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not buying it. Don't forget, ibra is still at psg. Whatever striker psg buys will eventually replace him

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's the player we need in this team i.e a cf with a high goal output. He gets impressive numbers from the wing and out of form. Now imagine him at cf while being in form. We need a guy who can put away chances in this team.
Hm, thought I'd posted more in here. I like the top poster isn't even an Arsenal fan, sums up this thread perfectly

No it sums up 1 poster on here who is to busy wumming other teams to support his own...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cavani's overrated. We've been linked with him for 2 years now and none of our fans want him.

Latest