The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by canada87
I firmed Manchester for law, and when I met my offer and my place was confirmed on UCas track. Then when I logged into my Manchester portal it said I still hadn't accepted or declined my offer. I'm not from the UK so I don't really know about these things, do I still have to accept something or am I in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

On the my manchester portal, you have to confirm your place, just follow the instructions on there - it's a very simple process. If it keeps saying you haven't confirmed your place, give it some time, as mine took 4 hours to update :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
If I was you I would come earlier
Original post by canada87
I'm a non eu/international student. Do I have to be there for the full orientation weekend or can I come later Friday/Saturday morning?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I was you I would be there just in case since you are interational student
Hey, I've got a conditional offer to study Physics this September and the grades I need are A*A*A but I have absolutely no idea if I will obtain those grades. When I had my interview there were a lot of undergrad students there and they said they totally missed their offer but they were still given a place because their interview showed the university that they were a capable student, do you think that will still be the case this year? I'm hoping to plead with the uni to still let me in if I miss my offer by just one grade based on my interview. Can any undergrads let me know if that is possible or just share their experience with missing out on grades? Thanks!!
Original post by Ciara_H
Hey, I've got a conditional offer to study Physics this September and the grades I need are A*A*A but I have absolutely no idea if I will obtain those grades. When I had my interview there were a lot of undergrad students there and they said they totally missed their offer but they were still given a place because their interview showed the university that they were a capable student, do you think that will still be the case this year? I'm hoping to plead with the uni to still let me in if I miss my offer by just one grade based on my interview. Can any undergrads let me know if that is possible or just share their experience with missing out on grades? Thanks!!

I'm hoping for exactly the same. No way I got an A* in physics the exams were horrendous. But my interview went really well so I'm still hopeful. Best of luck and hopefully see you there !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ciara_H

Hey, I'm in the same boat as you and do hope that they're lenient with the grades otherwise I can wave goodbye to Manchester. Good Luck, hope you get in :wink:
Its probably been asked before. If UoM, declines you because you missed the grade. Is there any point calling them or going through clearing to find a place with UoM?
Original post by MissPhysics18
Hey, I'm in the same boat as you and do hope that they're lenient with the grades otherwise I can wave goodbye to Manchester. Good Luck, hope you get in :wink:

Oh I'm glad to know people are in the same situation! Thanks and good luck to you too
Original post by rachelc142
I'm hoping for exactly the same. No way I got an A* in physics the exams were horrendous. But my interview went really well so I'm still hopeful. Best of luck and hopefully see you there !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You may have still done really well! And I'm sure your interview will help you along, I re-read my offer letter yesterday and it said that you'll still be considered if you don't get the grades based on your interview and the references from your teachers which is reasurring 😁 best of luck to you too!
Original post by PearJosh
Its probably been asked before. If UoM, declines you because you missed the grade. Is there any point calling them or going through clearing to find a place with UoM?

If UCAS says unsuccessful, don't bother ringing unless you want to apply for a course that's in Clearing and you have the grades for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Origami Bullets
If UCAS says unsuccessful, don't bother ringing unless you want to apply for a course that's in Clearing and you have the grades for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unless youre a few UMS off the required grades/higher grade, or youre getting remarks. Then I should call them?
Original post by PearJosh
Unless youre a few UMS off the required grades/higher grade, or youre getting remarks. Then I should call them?

If you're getting a priority remark, ring them.

Telling them you were only a few UMS off is unlikely to sway them, but if it's the only thing that's going to settle your mind then you can ring them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am so nervous now since I feel there's a moderate possibility that I've missed my offer by a few marks in further maths/physics......I've applied for physics (A*A*A) :frown:
Reply 2133
Original post by BP_Tranquility
I am so nervous now since I feel there's a moderate possibility that I've missed my offer by a few marks in further maths/physics......I've applied for physics (A*A*A) :frown:

If it's only a few marks off you could plead your case, if they then say no tell them you'll send it off for re-mark
Has anyone gotten a confirmation email from Manchester? My friend did she got an email a while before track updated. Urghhhh I haven't got any emails, is that bad??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BP_Tranquility

So have I dude. try not to worry, nothing we can do now. Best of luck, hopefully see you in a month :-)
Wooooo! It's all become very real now...

image.jpg
Going to Manchester for law so happy
Reply 2138
See you in September. Ladies and Gentlemen. Next step of our lives finally confirmed

Posted from TSR Mobile
WOohoo, got in :biggrin: -Are you supposed to do anything on ucas/manchester portal if your place has been confirmed?

Latest

Trending

Trending