The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bored565
Nah, 'Parah' just sounds forced.

And I don't even say 'gap yah', I say it more like Miliband if anything. Sort of 'gap yer' I guess.

I live within 30 seconds of a Waitrose if that counts for anything.

Idk if you remember me but you gave me some Oxbridge advice a while back, I take it you got an offer? CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :biggrin:
Original post by tomfailinghelp
I've been practising!

Things must be getting detrimental in the tomfailinghelp household
Original post by amyrah
Idk if you remember me but you gave me some Oxbridge advice a while back, I take it you got an offer? CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :biggrin:

Ahh, this is a pleasant surprise!

Thank you!
Do you think we'll get email notification from our College before track updates? Like in the early hours of the morning
Original post by HeyThereHarry
Do you think we'll get email notification from our College before track updates? Like in the early hours of the morning

Probably not but I sure hope so!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jneill, can you give the possibilities of what could happen results day and the following days after?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know whether people in the Summer Pool will find out the outcome on the 14th already, or more likely on the 15th?
Thanks and good luck!
Reply 3067
I can get my results tomorrow night at midnight and thats scaring the **** out of me
Original post by physicsmaths
Jneill, can you give the possibilities of what could happen results day and the following days after?

I think it's covered here:
@Lucilou101's sticky
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3485487

Also
@Peterhouse Admissions Results Day Queries thread
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3478761
Original post by HeyThereHarry

The first thing you will notice will probably be UCAS track updating. You might still be pending if things haven't been processed in time or if you missed your offer. The next thing to do then is to collect your results.

We are expressly forbidden from contacting offer-holders before the UCAS embargo is lifted on Thursday morning. Many colleges (including Peterhouse) won't contact offer-holders by email at all, but will send decision letters through the post to arrive on Thursday. This allows us to send any other necessary documents and forms too.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ShellySpielberg
Does anyone know whether people in the Summer Pool will find out the outcome on the 14th already, or more likely on the 15th?
Thanks and good luck!

Cross-posting but may be of wider interest:

For pooled candidates, the recommended internal deadline for decisions is 11am on Monday 17th August.

For reference, the recommended internal deadline for decisions on relaxing offers in 11am on Friday 14th August.

These are when decisions should be made and passed to UCAS by. There are cases where the deadline will be missed but all Colleges would aim to have all decisions made as quickly as possible.
Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
The first thing you will notice will probably be UCAS track updating. You might still be pending if things haven't been processed in time or if you missed your offer. The next thing to do then is to collect your results.

We are expressly forbidden from contacting offer-holders before the UCAS embargo is lifted on Thursday morning. Many colleges (including Peterhouse) won't contact offer-holders by email at all, but will send decision letters through the post to arrive on Thursday. This allows us to send any other necessary documents and forms too.

Okay. Thank you!
Original post by physicsmaths

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is a repetition of some of my previous posts but I think it's important to know what is happening and what's expected to save extra worry at an already stressful time.

Hopefully this is the only post you need to read! Print it out and take it with you, writing your UCAS number and details on the back, along with any phone numbers or email addresses for the admissions office at your preference College.

On the 13th the possible options are:
Accepted if you meet the offer conditions
Accepted even though you missed (this may require you to send your UMS)
Still under consideration by your preference College or the Summer Pool (send your UMS)
Rejected and released to your insurance choice if you miss the offer and are not thought to be of interest in the Summer Pool (the University has clear guidelines for this)

If you miss your offer and are still pending on the 14th, the Summer Pool takes place and you may:
Be accepted by your preference College
Be accepted by another College
Be rejected and released to your insurance choice

You won't be accepted by another College on the 13th so please don't start phoning around Colleges.

We aim to have decision on non-pooled candidates finalised by the 14th and for pooled candidates on the 17th, so if you are pooled, there's a chance you may still be pending after the 14th and once again you may:
Be accepted by your preference College
Be accepted by another College
Be rejected and released to your insurance choice

Hopefully you will find that despite all the worrying, you have done well and have met your offer. If this is the case there's nothing you need to do - we'll be in touch by post that morning (provided Royal Mail cooperate). Don't panic if UCAS track doesn't update - any offer you were made was binding and if you've achieved the conditions, you're in.

If you find that you haven't achieved your offer, don't panic. There are some things you can do to be helpful and help us reach a decision. Firstly, don't phone the College on results day if you can help it. The phones ring off the hook and you might find it engaged or not answered. We get a LOT of calls that day from parents, students, teachers concerning missed offers, achieved offers, whether we do clearing or adjustment etc.Instead, it is much better to email the college admissions office with the subject as "Offer missed - name, subject" then in the email state what the offer was, what grades you got and what the UMS scores are and whether you are requesting a remark. We already know who has missed and what grades they got but it's helpful to be reminded and the UMS is new and useful information. Emailing allows us to very easily print/forward it for the relevant people and put a copy in your file.

At Peterhouse, you have until the 31st August to achieve your conditions so if you grades increase to meet your offer following a remark and we get the confirmation before this date then your binding offer stands and your place is guaranteed. If it is after this date then nothing is guaranteed and everything is done on a case-by-case basis.For other Colleges you can check with the admissions office or look in your offer letter to see if a deadline is mentioned.

Please also note that we are unable to discuss anything with anyone apart from the candidate themselves. It is important that you send the email and if you do want to get in touch by phone it needs to be you, not your parents or teacher (or at least you need to be available to take the phone when we get to the important bit). It is not worth your parents calling us up independently as there's nothing we can discuss with them.This will help us immensely. Thanks all!
(edited 8 years ago)
Cross-posting but may be of wider interest:

For pooled candidates, the recommended internal deadline for decisions is 11am on Monday 17th August.

For reference, the recommended internal deadline for decisions on relaxing offers in 11am on Friday 14th August.

These are when decisions should be made and passed to UCAS by. There are cases where the deadline will be missed but all Colleges would aim to have all decisions made as quickly as possible.

Thanks!
Do you happen to know whether the Veterinary Medicine department would have decisions made regarding all applicants before the 17th, since there is a small number of students?

Edit: sorry did not see the reply on the other thread. Thanks a lot for your response!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ShellySpielberg
Thanks!
Do you happen to know whether the Veterinary Medicine department would have decisions made regarding all applicants before the 17th, since there is a small number of students?

The Summer Pool finishes at 4 on the Friday and the administrative fallout takes until 6. The aim is that anyone not taken from the Pool will be rejected via UCAS on Friday (note that this is the aim and you shouldn't read too much into a conditional status on Track). For those taken from the Pool, it depends on when the College makes the final decision to pick you, and how many other colleges are interested. If this is only done late in the day, you might not find out until Monday morning
(edited 8 years ago)
The Winter Pool finishes at 4 on the Friday and the administrative fallout takes until 6. The aim is that anyone not taken from the Pool will be rejected via UCAS on Friday (note that this is the aim and you shouldn't read too much into a conditional status on Track). For those taken from the Pool, it depends on when the College makes the final decision to pick you, and how many other colleges are interested. If this is only done late in the day, you might not find out until Monday morning

Ok, thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Winter Pool finishes at 4 on the Friday and the administrative fallout takes until 6. The aim is that anyone not taken from the Pool will be rejected via UCAS on Friday (note that this is the aim and you shouldn't read too much into a conditional status on Track). For those taken from the Pool,

It feels almost like winter today but....?
:tongue:
terrified
Original post by Elcor
terrified

Same
x

If we miss our offer and are emailing UMS would you prefer if we attached a scan/picture or typed out the modules in the email (or both)?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending