The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thevamps99xo
Actually I've worked out how to do it! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okey dokey- don't make it yet though :nah:

It needs to be written but not published for 10AM on Friday :h: As you're quite a new member, if one of the more experienced members wants to help then would it be ok for them to contact you with some ideas and tips about what to write? :smile: You might want to have a look at the OPs of this year's year group threads too for inspiration :yep:
(edited 8 years ago)
That's fine I'm on TSR every day anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's fine I'm on TSR every day anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, and just so I get a notification when you've replied, rather than just typing your reply, could you click the little reply button at the end of my post? That just quotes me at the top and I get a notification :smile:
Original post by Gingerbread101
Are there any year 11s up for making the new year 12 thread for next year? :h: I'm not sure if it's been discussed already, but it needs to be published the day after A Level Results Day :yes:

I think @Midnightmemories wanted to do it? I had asked before :smile:
Original post by Black Rose
I think @Midnightmemories wanted to do it? I had asked before :smile:

Ah I didn't realise it had been discussed before :redface:
Right guys, it appears we've given the OP duties of next year's thread to two people, so I've decided that you're going to have to race for it. @Midnightmemories and @thevamps99xo, the OP will be the one who publishes theirs first after 10AM Friday 14th. The other will be removed, but you'll be given the first chance to make the mkii of the thread should you wish. :smile:
Right guys, it appears we've given the OP duties of next year's thread to two people, so I've decided that you're going to have to race for it. @Midnightmemories and @thevamps99xo, the OP will be the one who publishes theirs first after 10AM Friday 14th. The other will be removed, but you'll be given the first chance to make the mkii of the thread should you wish. :smile:

Sounds good👀

Posted from TSR Mobile
can imagine you guys sitting there with a watch and counting seconds before clicking submit
Original post by frostyy
can imagine you guys sitting there with a watch and counting seconds before clicking submit

I think that will be me actually, that is very accurate :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can somebody doing A-levels explain this to me - so when you apply to university, your offer is based on the grades that your teachers predicted for you to get. What happens if I want to go to med school for example, but my teachers predict grades like BBC. I don't apply, because they obviously wouldn't accept my offer; what if then my results were AAA - could I perhaps somehow apply again?

Posted from TSR Mobile
just got my AS results for the ASs i did this year and i got straight As!!! so happy :biggrin:DD
Do year 11's join the year 12 thread before getting their GCSE results then?
Original post by frostyy

Original post by JessThomas6
Do year 11's join the year 12 thread before getting their GCSE results then?

Yep, everyone needs to change over at the same time, and this is the least confusing way to do it :yes:

Just a reminder to @thevamps99xo and @Midnightmemories to have your OPs ready to post for 10am, with lots of nice links and ice breaker questions etc. Here's the original year 12 thread OP for you to have a look at if you need inspiration :h:
I can't believe we're almost year 12 now. Where did this year go?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I'm excessively late to this thread!
I'm going to be taking Biology Chemistry, Maths and English Literature for AS levels and I'm hoping to study medicine.
I was just wondering if any of you know if I'd be disadvantaged by taking a non-science subject, since I've seen the majority of people who want to study medicine take either physics or psychology.
Original post by lemushrooms
Well I'm excessively late to this thread!
I'm going to be taking Biology Chemistry, Maths and English Literature for AS levels and I'm hoping to study medicine.
I was just wondering if any of you know if I'd be disadvantaged by taking a non-science subject, since I've seen the majority of people who want to study medicine take either physics or psychology.

English literature would be a good subject because even though it's a non science it shows your ability to analyse things you read, which is sort of similar! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep, everyone needs to change over at the same time, and this is the least confusing way to do it :yes:

Just a reminder to @thevamps99xo and @Midnightmemories to have your OPs ready to post for 10am, with lots of nice links and ice breaker questions etc. Here's the original year 12 thread OP for you to have a look at if you need inspiration :h:

I forgot to say yesterday because I wasn't sure you were online haha, I'm gonna let @Midnightmemories do the forum because I think he or she wanted to do it first and it would only be fair :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I forgot to say yesterday because I wasn't sure you were online haha, I'm gonna let @Midnightmemories do the forum because I think he or she wanted to do it first and it would only be fair :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's lovely, thank you :h: would you still like to do the OP if the thread reaches mark 2? :smile:
That's lovely, thank you :h: would you still like to do the OP if the thread reaches mark 2? :smile:

Oh no that's fine, thanks for offering anyway! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest