The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University Of Nottingham Grade Leniency

Hey sure this has been asked a thousand times before, but i was wondering how lenient notts are, one grade drop, two grade drops? This threads just to get an idea as I'm sure many people are thinking the same thing. Feel free the post if you got in with grades below your offer or know someone else who did

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, I think they're more lenient than most unis given their size but they're trying to get a higher calibre of students in as of late...Although I've heard a story of a friend of a friend studying engineering there missing his grades by 3 and alot of other stories of missing offers by 1 or 2 grades! What do you need if you don't mind me asking :P
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by gabbons
Hey, I think they're more lenient than most unis given their size but they're trying to get a higher calibre of students in as of late...Although I've heard a story of a friend of a friend studying engineering there missing his grades by 3 and alot of other stories of missing offers by 1 or 2 grades! What do you need if you don't mind me asking :P

Hey my offer is for ABB and I'm abit worried i think I've achieved
ABB but theres a chance i could've got A*AB/C
either way my last B is going to be on the edge i got an A last year but this year i messed up my unit 4 what about you?
Hi, this thread could be very useful as I may be considering them if I end up in Clearing
Original post by Clytaemnestra
Hi, this thread could be very useful as I may be considering them if I end up in Clearing

hi how come? what is your firm? what are you studying
Reply 5
Original post by Aidan.reed
Hey my offer is for ABB and I'm abit worried i think I've achieved
ABB but theres a chance i could've got A*AB/C
either way my last B is going to be on the edge i got an A last year but this year i messed up my unit 4 what about you?

I think even A*AC would be fine for notts tbh...

They want AAB from me but I think I'm looking at BBB after 2 stupid exams :unimpressed:
Original post by gabbons
I think even A*AC would be fine for notts tbh...

They want AAB from me but I think I'm looking at BBB after 2 stupid exams :unimpressed:

Yeah it could be A*AC it could be also ABC all i know is that the third grades going to be on the edge :/ what are you studying?
This was few years ago so I could be wrong but from experience University of Nottingham is not lenient at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Nottingham made a video over this past year saying they only accept people with grades they offered, so no leniency.

This is likely a lie, to keep up appearances.
hi how come? what is your firm? what are you studying

Nervous about results :s-smilie: my firm is Swansea, they're asking for BBB which should be fine, and they said they'll do what they can if I don't get the grades, to offer me a similar course. I want to study Classical Civilisation and English Lit, and last year I did get a prospectus from Nottingham but decided not to apply to them because I think the grades were pretty high for me (ABB/AAB) :s-smilie: so I'm interested to see if on Clearing they may lower the grades? If so I may be interested if I get rejected by my firm.
Nervous about results :s-smilie: my firm is Swansea, they're asking for BBB which should be fine, and they said they'll do what they can if I don't get the grades, to offer me a similar course. I want to study Classical Civilisation and English Lit, and last year I did get a prospectus from Nottingham but decided not to apply to them because I think the grades were pretty high for me (ABB/AAB) :s-smilie: so I'm interested to see if on Clearing they may lower the grades? If so I may be interested if I get rejected by my firm.

I had the offer for that course for BBC. Clearing might be a good idea

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joshb873
Nottingham made a video over this past year saying they only accept people with grades they offered, so no leniency.

This is likely a lie, to keep up appearances.

where is this video that was released?
where is this video that was released?

I THINK in this video he mentions that Nottingham are strict on their criteria but don't have time to watch it all and see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvvF7-5SIJ8
Original post by Joshb873
I THINK in this video he mentions that Nottingham are strict on their criteria but don't have time to watch it all and see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvvF7-5SIJ8

hi thanks I've seen this one before the conversation starts around the 3.30min mark and at 4min he says typical offer AAA if you got AAB we'd probably still take you so some leniency but obviously thats for physics
They already gave me a reduced offer from AAB to ABB, but I'll let anyone know if they decide to be lenient in the event I got BBB and still took me.

Edit: got AABB.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by donutaud15
I had the offer for that course for BBC. Clearing might be a good idea

Posted from TSR Mobile

At Nottingham for the exact same course? Thanks :smile:
At Nottingham for the exact same course? Thanks :smile:

Now that I checked it not exact same course. I applied for Classical Civilisation but yes same uni.

This was few years ago though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by donutaud15
Now that I checked it not exact same course. I applied for Classical Civilisation but yes same uni.

This was few years ago though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay. I'm considering Classical Civ on its own if I don't get my place in joint honours
Ah okay. I'm considering Classical Civ on its own if I don't get my place in joint honours

You never know until you try :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
looks like I'm in i exceeded my offer how did you guys do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending