The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hydeman
You must have a pretty skewed sense of fairness in that case. England is run by the UK Government, which doesn't pretend to offer anybody free tuition. And thanks for adding to what I knew - it's free for everybody in the EU except the English. It totally has nothing to do with nationality.

So long as the SNP continues to boast that it offers free university for everyone while neglecting to mention that 'everyone' doesn't include English people, the charge of hypocrisy stands.

Don't be upset about tuition fees.

The SNP have cut college funding considerably to pay for university tuition fees this shafting the poorer members of society who predominantly unused college education as a way out of poverty.

Secondly, investment in NHS Scotland has now fallen significantly behind NHS England.

Spending priorities for the SNP are to keep middle class families happy with free tuition fees but pay for it by shafting the poor and the sick.
Original post by MatureStudent36
Don't be upset about tuition fees.

The SNP have cut college funding considerably to pay for university tuition fees this shafting the poorer members of society who predominantly unused college education as a way out of poverty.

Secondly, investment in NHS Scotland has now fallen significantly behind NHS England.

Spending priorities for the SNP are to keep middle class families happy with free tuition fees but pay for it by shafting the poor and the sick.

I'm not upset about it at all. Just saying it how I see it. :smile:

I live in Wales and have no intention of going to university in Scotland so it really doesn't affect me but I wanted to correct the OP's claim about the SNP having more integrity than other parties and this was the first example that came to mind.
(edited 8 years ago)
Because they're nationalists. People generally dislike those who don't care screwing you over, then you get with the SNP that they pretend to care about the rest of the UK, then Sinn Fein are seen as a bunch of terrorists on top of that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hydeman
You must have a pretty skewed sense of fairness in that case. England is run by the UK Government, which doesn't pretend to offer anybody free tuition. And thanks for adding to what I knew - it's free for everybody in the EU except the English. It totally has nothing to do with nationality.

Victim complex?
Original post by SausageMan
Victim complex?

What about it? Is the SNP about to lose it? :O
Original post by MatureStudent36
The anti austerity that has involved the SNP using non of the existent tax taking powers available in Scotland in order to not implement austerity measures.

The SNP say a lot, but tend to do little.Funding for education and healthcare in Scotland is falling below that seen in England.

What can they do with 50 seats.
Original post by DarrenBCFC
What can they do with 50 seats.

Claim they have a platform and that the wishes of the Scottish people is being ignored in Westminster to strengthen their position on independence, you know, exactly what they're doing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
Because they're nationalists. People generally dislike those who don't care screwing you over, then you get with the SNP that they pretend to care about the rest of the UK, then Sinn Fein are seen as a bunch of terrorists on top of that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bit of a rich statement considering it took the tories 3 years to get rid of Abu Qatada
Bit of a rich statement considering it took the tories 3 years to get rid of Abu Qatada

What exactly is your point?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by intelligent con
They both stand up to imperialism that you english impose on everyone. Why do english people always fall for propaganda demonizing sturgeon and adams. I will always vote labour as I live in england but these two parties have more integrity than any english politicians that is a fact. They are tolerant and welcome migrants unlike the evil tories bending to the rhetoric of UKIP picking on migrants.

I wish they were running in all of the UK to show england what it's like to be occupied by a foreign power. In my view the only way for labour to go is corbyn who has proven himself to not be racist and demonize these brave parties and their leaders.

So my question is what valid reasons do people in england have to be scared of these two parties? Can they not look past the rhetoric and think for themselves?

They are both nationalists, one of them is heavily left wing.

I'm a right wing unionist, so are many other British people

See the problem yet?
What exactly is your point?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That you are accusing the welsh as being terrorists while your lot are a bunch of terrorist harbors
That you are accusing the welsh as being terrorists while your lot are a bunch of terrorist harbors

Sinn Fein are Irish....

Oh, and Mr "terrorist" (hate preacher btw) could actually have been anywhere in the UK, it was the EU Human Rights act keeping him here in THE UK

The Conservatives want to replace that with a UK bill, but what do they know?

See comments above, he beat me to it.

Last I checked the IRA were/are terrorists and have strong ties to Sinn Fein.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fanatical Geek
Sinn Fein are Irish....

Oh, and Mr "terrorist" (hate preacher btw) could actually have been anywhere in the UK, it was the EU Human Rights act keeping him here in THE UK

The Conservatives want to replace that with a UK bill, but what do they know?

He should of been sent back without a court hearing, i don't care about this political correctness bull**** receive the fine and just increase fines of UK criminals Terrorists are no good for anything. These ISIS members who have been sent back should be beheaded not sent back for killing UK citizens and then burn their flag. What the **** is the home secetery doing having intelligence and failing to act on it
See comments above, he beat me to it.

Last I checked the IRA were/are terrorists and have strong ties to Sinn Fein.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even though they are linked with terrorists If they where on english ballets if Labour becomes dead in the water i would vote for them over the conservatives, Yes i would prefer Irish to run the country.
Even though they are linked with terrorists If they where on english ballets if Labour becomes dead in the water i would vote for them over the conservatives, Yes i would prefer Irish to run the country.

And you are in a severe majority, if it's so easy for labour to be DiW then why are they still around?

Posted from TSR Mobile
And you are in a severe majority, if it's so easy for labour to be DiW then why are they still around?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You misintepreted what i said - the labour party under a decent leader would destroy Cameron on his false promises which exceed 100. If they was to elect Corbyn who I agree with we would be in a bad position because not everyone lives in a deprived area like me. Under those cirumstances if on the English ballet I would vote for the Irish terrorists- the beer price may go down or the Scot Nats who would have to change their name- i think if they was to diversify they would be on to something and would get atleast 13-14 million votes
Original post by KimKallstrom
So basically what you're saying is that nationalism is the worst, most bigoted thing since the Nazis when it's British nationalism, but it's great and progressive when Scots do it?

Didn't mean to rep. From what ive seen its the opposite. People demonise scottish nationalisam while simultaneously idolising british nationalism
Reply 38
Because Sinn Fein are murderers and terrorists, why they are allowed to continue walking around I do not know.
He should of been sent back without a court hearing, i don't care about this political correctness bull**** receive the fine and just increase fines of UK criminals Terrorists are no good for anything. These ISIS members who have been sent back should be beheaded not sent back for killing UK citizens and then burn their flag. What the **** is the home secetery doing having intelligence and failing to act on it

It isn't political correctness, it's the law - he was appealing to EU courts, so the law says he was able to stay while that process was followed.

Oh, it's impossible to judge what the home secretary is up to with the secret intelligence services, they're very secretive - that's the point. They could've foiled many plots in secret and you'd never hear about it, again, that's the point of the "secret services"

Latest

Trending

Trending