The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chlo.Harr
What are you hoping for?
6A*s. 3A s 1 B

What are you expecting?
1A*. 3A s 5B s and 1C

Yeah ..... The exams didn't go too well..... Teachers are going to kill me :smile:

WILL I BE SATISFIED WITH MY RESULTS?
No... Not even close I have worked soooooo hard for sooooo long.

How will I open my results?
I want to be alone - but my friends are being annoying about me not wanting to open them with them...

How will I react?
I will cry....they really are going to be bad. Especially as I really thought about ambitious careers in the future.

Will I meet my 6th form offer?
Possibly.....I hope so....
I want to do maths/further , biology, chemistry

I want to do the same subjects as you next yr. Hope you do well and get what you're hoping for rather than what you expect.:biggrin:
What are you hoping for?

English Language: A
Maths: B
Biology: C

What are you expecting?

English Language: C
Maths: C / D
Biology: D or below

Will you be satisfied with your expectation?

No, particularly in English because my controlled assessment results / predicted grade are proof that I could have done much better. Also, many of the universities I'm looking at want at least a B in Maths, if not also a B in English.

How will you open them?

With my friends. And then we're going to get very drunk, regardless of the result.

How will you celebrate / react?

If I get what I'm hoping for: stare at the results in bewilderment, cry, ring my family while crying, enrol on Access, elebrate with many a drink now I'm finally able to relax.

If I get what I'm expecting: if I get the C in Maths, be content with the fact I have the grades for Access, tell my family and enrol. If I get a D in Maths, I'll probably put a brave face on and go out with my friends and spend the next two days crying, having no clue what to do with my life next.

Will you meet your Sixth Form / College offer?

If I get my C in Maths, yes. If I don't, no.
Original post by excludedplasma
I recently read a thread which said 11th August... (tomorrow)

BUT I'M NOT SURE DON'T TRUST ANYTHING I SAY

The Cambridge GCSE results come out August 11th and the Edexcel results are on the 20th.
GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for?
All A's and B's (particularly A's in science and maths)
What are you expecting?
Mostly B's
Fairly

How will you open them?
Alone somewhere in the school, i'll go and find a quiet spot and do it there, either that or with my friends i'm not sure yet
I'll probably cry no matter what happens

Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer?

I need 6 A-C grades to meet it with B's in Science and Maths so i'd hope so

I am exceptionally nervous though, thinking about it kind of makes me feel sick i'm dreading the day :colondollar:
What am i hoping for:

biology A/A*
business studies A
Chemistry A*
Electronics B/A
English Language A
English Literature A
Geography A*
Computer Science B
Mathematics A/A*
Physics A/A*
RE A/A*

what am i expecting

Biology A/A*
Business studies A
Chemistry A*
Electronics C
English Language B
English Literature B
Geography A*
Computer science C/B
Mathematics A
Physics A
RE A

No idea how i will open them. il know when i get there i guess. im really hoping for no C's at all and very few B's, but i feel i done horrible in my electronics exam. my coursework was 3 marks off an A which im ok about. i just hope i didnt mess up so much to get a C. Computer science aswell im afraid of because i dont know my coursework mark and the exam wasnt exactly a walk in the park.
What are you hoping for?
4 A*'s, 2 A's, 3 B's and a C in short course welsh

What are you expecting?
3 A*'s, 1 A, 4 B's, and 2 C's

I guess, I may be a little disappointed about the extra C, I didn't really want any C's other than the C in foundation welsh, which is the highest you can get

How will you open them?
Either with very close friends or with trusted teachers who I know won't freak out if they're bad:biggrin:

I'm going to cry whatever the results are XD ...and there are no plans set in stone for the evening just yet...

Yes. I'm pretty much 95% sure I'll get into sixth form college
Reply 386
What are you hoping for?
2 a* 6As 1Bs
What are you expecting?
1 a* 5As 3Bs

probably not, ill always wish i wouldve worked harder

How will you open them?
go in a bit later to avoid most people but i havnt decided whether to look at them one by one or altogether

cry ofcourse then go for a nice lunch with red puffy eyes

yes
Original post by JayJay-C19
GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for? A*s and As ( but hopefully all A*s:colondollar:)

What are you expecting? A mix of As and A*

Will you be satisfied with your expectation? Yep I will, but i was predicted all A*s so I will be worried about disappointing parents, etc.

How will you open them? In the corner then walk out quietly if not happy or stand around for a while and chat if happy

How will you celebrate / react? Umm not sure, my brother is in year 13 so at the moment we are all focusing on him

Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer? Yep, its only 5Cs and i got 2 A*s last year already so I'm not worried
GCSE results:

What are you hoping for?
3A*'s and 6A's (+ the B I got last year for core science, the A*'s I would love to be maths, history and maybe additional science because I put a lot of effort into it)

What are you expecting?
Hmmm...I'll aim lower so I wont be so disappointed and guess 8A's and a B (+ a B in core science).

Being 80% honest yes I would, because I've come really far from when I had learning difficulties, but 100%...**** YOU EDEXCEL I WANTED AN A* IN MATHS GOD DAMMIT LOL. There were points in all of my subjects where I, at least once, went the extra mile. I worked fairly hard so I imagine i'll only be partially happy with my results.

How will you open them?
Collect them from the school library, run back to the car in the car park next to our school and open them with my mum saying "What did you get? How did you do?" before I can even register what letters of the alphabet appear on the paper...damn I've got this planned to the exact detail haha.

Probably sit there smiling and laughing or sit there feeling empty and disappointed in myself. We're going for a meal later in the evening as it's also my mum and dad's 27th wedding anniversary (my results will be a great way to ruin it though) and I've asked all my guests (guests? What am I even talking about? It's just my parents and my brother lol) to wear black to mourn for the funeral of my gcse's. Unfortunately, all of them have declined to do so.

I hope so, I only applied to one :biggrin:
I need to get 5A*'s- C's with a B in the subjects I want to take at A Level. I never really considered not getting in because I've never failed a paper/test/mock/whatever before and I've rarely ever got a C so hopefully i'll be alright
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Bethaaaaany
GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for?

I was predicted 9.5A*s and 1 A but I'd be over the moon with 8A*s and 2.5As

What are you expecting?

6A*s, 3.5As and 1 B

Not really :frown: I want to do medicine but I'd be pushing it with only 6A*s.

How will you open them?

In school, feeling completely sick with nerves...I'd rather do it at home by myself in case I'm really disappointed but we have to enrol at our sixth form at the same time so I can't hehe.

I'll just be incredibly relieved :smile: going to an Imagine Dragons concert the day after and my birthday is the day before so I'll be in a good mood either way:wink:

Definitely. You need 14 points to get back in my sixth form, I have 1A* already which is four points so I'm pretty confident :smile:

EDIT JULY 2015: I came out with 6.5A*s 3As and 1B, so nearly spot on what I was expecting! I was over the moon anyway, and changed my mind about studying medicine in the end, deciding on child nursing instead - good luck all folks receiving GCSE results this year, you'll be fab!

Why would 6A*s not be fine for medicine ? I know people who have got in with a lot less also what was your reason for changing to nursing ?
Original post by kittykatieboo
GCSE results:

What are you hoping for?
3A*'s and 6A's (+ the B I got last year for core science, the A*'s I would love to be maths, history and maybe additional science because I put a lot of effort into it)

What are you expecting?
Hmmm...I'll aim lower so I wont be so disappointed and guess 8A's and a B (+ a B in core science).

Being 80% honest yes I would, because I've come really far from when I had learning difficulties, but 100%...**** YOU EDEXCEL I WANTED AN A* IN MATHS GOD DAMMIT LOL. There were points in all of my subjects where I, at least once, went the extra mile. I worked fairly hard so I imagine i'll only be partially happy with my results.

How will you open them?
Collect them from the school library, run back to the car in the car park next to our school and open them with my mum saying "What did you get? How did you do?" before I can even register what letters of the alphabet appear on the paper...damn I've got this planned to the exact detail haha.

Probably sit there smiling and laughing or sit there feeling empty and disappointed in myself. We're going for a meal later in the evening as it's also my mum and dad's 27th wedding anniversary (my results will be a great way to ruin it though) and I've asked all my guests (guests? What am I even talking about? It's just my parents and my brother lol) to wear black to mourn for the funeral of my gcse's. Unfortunately, all of them have declined to do so.

I hope so, I only applied to one :biggrin:
I need to get 5A*'s- C's with a B in the subjects I want to take at A Level. I never really considered not getting in because I've never failed a paper/test/mock/whatever before and I've rarely ever got a C so hopefully i'll be alright

Hahaah you seem like a humorous person asking your fambam to wear black - in all honesty I need to do so too! I also relate to you with results day being an occasion, as it my mum's birthday (dayum - way to ruin it?) Anyway good luck, hopefully you'll do way better than you expected xox

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 391
Original post by DaringDaniel
I'm aware that only the teachers are sent it therefore it's unlikely unless it's leaked.

so that means we will get all the results together on the 20th
Original post by rishikasmiles
Hahaah you seem like a humorous person asking your fambam to wear black - in all honesty I need to do so too! I also relate to you with results day being an occasion, as it my mum's birthday (dayum - way to ruin it?) Anyway good luck, hopefully you'll do way better than you expected xox

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha why thank-you, I'm probably the sassiest bitch in town tbh :wink: a lot of people find me weird and ******* (actually though, they're not far from wrong) but they're missing out on my sarcasm and wit. I told mum that my results would put a damper on her mood, but she just laughed and said "I'm sure you'll be fine" - how can she say that with confidence?!?? Thank-you, best of luck to you too, I'll let you know how I do if you like xx
Original post by KyeAlexWest
GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for?
All A's and B's (particularly A's in science and maths)
What are you expecting?
Mostly B's
Fairly

How will you open them?
Alone somewhere in the school, i'll go and find a quiet spot and do it there, either that or with my friends i'm not sure yet
I'll probably cry no matter what happens

I need 6 A-C grades to meet it with B's in Science and Maths so i'd hope so

I am exceptionally nervous though, thinking about it kind of makes me feel sick i'm dreading the day :colondollar:

What college are you going to....

GCSE results:
What are you hoping for?
Without trying to sound like an absolute tosser, 10 A*s plus an A in Further Maths and Distinction in Thinking and Reasoning Skills

What are you expecting?
8 A*s, 1 A, and a B. As well as a B in Further Maths and a distinction in T+R

*sighs* I know full well I will cry when I see that B written down on paper. But apart from that, I'm happy, because I think deep down I know that GCSE's aren't everything, and lots of people would kill for the results I'm going to get...

How will you open them?
Collect them and try to run away from my mum to a quiet corner. Sadly she seems determined to see them before, or at the same moment as I do- which you can imagine, fills me with a kind of horrifying dread of failure and being disowned.

After I've managed to look at them privately, I will sink down on the ground, bawling my eyes out (I have a lot of feelings, okay?) no matter whether the result is good or bad, because thanks to the education system of England, I am now scarred for life, and wil never be able to function as a worthy member of society, thanks to my one "B", which will sit at the bottom of my CV, quietly ruining my dreams.
Later, I will find some friends and pretend that it doesn't matter, but go off to have a cry in the toilet. Where I will have an epiphany and realise that my B really doesn't matter quite as much as I thought it did. I will smile for photos and hug friends, and mainly, inside I will feel a mixture of pleasure, annoyance, a burning rage for all OCR History examiners, and confusion.

All I need to do is pass English and Maths, and I'm in! Although in retrospect, I suppose none of that matters now, as my educational career is certainly doomed, and I shall become a vigilante freedom fighter, and commit random, sporadic acts of violence, all probably aimed at OCR headquarters...
Original post by kittykatieboo
Haha why thank-you, I'm probably the sassiest bitch in town tbh :wink: a lot of people find me weird and ******* (actually though, they're not far from wrong) but they're missing out on my sarcasm and wit. I told mum that my results would put a damper on her mood, but she just laughed and said "I'm sure you'll be fine" - how can she say that with confidence?!?? Thank-you, best of luck to you too, I'll let you know how I do if you like xx

Hahahah sassy is a word ppl often associate me with too! Hi5 or what? And yeah we should share results cause I've got similar predictions TOUCHWOOD!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just want 5 GCSEs including maths and english, all will be Cs probably, I think I've got maths and english but only got 4 GCSEs, but the coursework might effect the grade. I hope I've met my sixth form requirements. I did so **** in school cause I moved from Scotland which has a total different syllabus in every subject right before exams btw.
GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for?

English Literature - A*
English Language - A*
Maths - A (if it weren't for the edexcel papers I'd say A*)
Spanish - A
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A*
Physics - A*
Creative iMedia - Merit (for reasons I won't go into. Were you aware that teachers could change your options from an ICT GCSE to a vocational iMedia course? ME NEITHER)
Geography - A
RE - A*

What are you expecting?

English Literature - A
English Language - A
Maths - C/B
Spanish - A
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A*
Physics - A
Creative iMedia - Pass
Geography - A
RE - A*

So 3A*s, 5As a C or B and a Pass is the worst it could go (not that those grades are bad at all, I just need the maths)

Again, those grades aren't bad and I'd be pretty happy. I was predicted A* in maths and edexcel sorta threw that in the trash, so now I'm just hoping for a B. So long as I can go to college and study my A-Levels I'm a happy bunny.

How will you open them?

Haha, I've been thinking a lot about this. I'll probably just whip them out. I'm one for wanting the most impact out of a situation, so I feel like having it hit me all at once is what I'll do. Row of As and A*s? I'll cry. I see that B in maths? I'll cry.

...I have to enroll at 4pm the same day, so I'm not going to have a drink like most people (although truth be told, not like I drink alcohol anyway). I'll probably go to subway with a friend and talk about how over our lives are or how amazingly lucky we are. If it's bad, I'll just cry for a while and try figure out how the hell I'm gonna make a life for myself.

Mathsmathsmathsmaths
Boy I hope so
I wanna do the following A-Levels:
Biology
Chemistry
Psychology
Maths

:smile:
Exactly the same four i'm taking! :smile: Which one you dropping at AS and i am in the EXACT same position as you with maths, thought i had it in the bag and i was going to get an A but now I think a B is more realistic :/
Original post by April Barlow
GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for?

English Literature - A*
English Language - A*
Maths - A (if it weren't for the edexcel papers I'd say A*)
Spanish - A
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A*
Physics - A*
Creative iMedia - Merit (for reasons I won't go into. Were you aware that teachers could change your options from an ICT GCSE to a vocational iMedia course? ME NEITHER)
Geography - A
RE - A*

What are you expecting?

English Literature - A
English Language - A
Maths - C/B
Spanish - A
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A*
Physics - A
Creative iMedia - Pass
Geography - A
RE - A*

So 3A*s, 5As a C or B and a Pass is the worst it could go (not that those grades are bad at all, I just need the maths)

Again, those grades aren't bad and I'd be pretty happy. I was predicted A* in maths and edexcel sorta threw that in the trash, so now I'm just hoping for a B. So long as I can go to college and study my A-Levels I'm a happy bunny.

How will you open them?

Haha, I've been thinking a lot about this. I'll probably just whip them out. I'm one for wanting the most impact out of a situation, so I feel like having it hit me all at once is what I'll do. Row of As and A*s? I'll cry. I see that B in maths? I'll cry.

...I have to enroll at 4pm the same day, so I'm not going to have a drink like most people (although truth be told, not like I drink alcohol anyway). I'll probably go to subway with a friend and talk about how over our lives are or how amazingly lucky we are. If it's bad, I'll just cry for a while and try figure out how the hell I'm gonna make a life for myself.

Mathsmathsmathsmaths
Boy I hope so
I wanna do the following A-Levels:
Biology
Chemistry
Psychology
Maths

:smile:

First of all I would like to wish you the best in getting the grades you need. Secondly by your a level choices it looks like you want to study med. I'm only yr 10 and was wondering if you have any tips for yr 11. Especially for triple science and also maths which I'm doing edexcel for:s-smilie:.. I want to study the exact same a levels as you and hopefully study medicine too :smile:

For the sake of this thread my grades for yr 10 that I want are 3 a*s in Electronics, German and History .

I think I will get 1a* and 2 a's with the a* in History :colondollar:

Latest