The Student Room Group

Why did I get 2 GCSEs?

From looking at recent specifications, most GCSE subjects require more than one module.

However, back in 2002, when I did my (first attempt) at my GCSEs - 2 of the GCSE grades I received were "English" and "English Literature".

HOWEVER...

I swear I only took 1 exam for English, and 1 Coursework for it too. And then there was speaking and listening too, which I got a separate grade for.

But, even from 1 exam and 1 C/W, I received 2 GCSEs.... "English" and "English Literature". Looking back on this makes me very confused. Why did I receive 2 GCSEs? Surely it should have just been the 1?!
Does it even matter 13 years later....?
Reply 2
Original post by WannaBMedStudent
Does it even matter 13 years later....?

Yes because I have actual OCD
Original post by _jarv_
Yes because I have actual OCD

Then ring up the exam board and/or your old school and ask them
Reply 4
Perhaps it was a double award, I did business and it was a double award even though I only did one exam. Don't worry about it.
Reply 5
Original post by N-R-G
Perhaps it was a double award, I did business and it was a double award even though I only did one exam. Don't worry about it.

Thanks. It might have been a double award. But don't you get 2 identical grades for those? I got 2 Cs, but I know people who got different grades for each one.
Original post by _jarv_
From looking at recent specifications, most GCSE subjects require more than one module.

However, back in 2002, when I did my (first attempt) at my GCSEs - 2 of the GCSE grades I received were "English" and "English Literature".

HOWEVER...

I swear I only took 1 exam for English, and 1 Coursework for it too. And then there was speaking and listening too, which I got a separate grade for.

But, even from 1 exam and 1 C/W, I received 2 GCSEs.... "English" and "English Literature". Looking back on this makes me very confused. Why did I receive 2 GCSEs? Surely it should have just been the 1?!

You probably forgot.

It's highly unlikely you didn't do the paper and coursework for Literature and just 'somehow' got a GCSE in it.
Reply 7
Original post by _jarv_
Thanks. It might have been a double award. But don't you get 2 identical grades for those? I got 2 Cs, but I know people who got different grades for each one.

I got identical grades in business.
Original post by _jarv_

HOWEVER...

lol simon cowell got two gcses in english and english lit just had to bring that up
Reply 9
Original post by desirenpleasure
lol simon cowell got two gcses in english and english lit just had to bring that up

I didn't mean I only got 2 GCSEs in total (I got 11) I meant I got 2 GCSEs for English from doing only 1 English exam

Quick Reply

Latest