The Student Room Group

Will the real TeeEm please stand up!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TeeEm
I honestly begin to believe that there is a conspiracy in general ...
Some of these boundaries looks to me (having done the solutions now and going by previous years) that have been decided not by normalization but by rolling dice.

Can you explain?
I'd like to put that point to my teacher to see what she thinks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wise words
Original post by TeeEm
Some of these boundaries looks to me (having done the solutions now and going by previous years) that have been decided not by normalization but by rolling dice.
Reply 1122
Original post by SCAR H
So how many marks in total. (I think i've complicated you, sorry).

a = 3.26666666, i wrote 3.3
As a result T = 6.55 instead of 6.53.

So is this 1 mark or 2 mark lost?

It should be 1
Ok so I personally didn't find C4 too hard but 74 for 100UMS (if I've worked it out correctly) does seem too high. I was thinking more 72.

C3 - 71 for 100UMS (if I've worked it out correctly)

anyone know how to do 100UMS for AS modules? (S1)
Original post by TeeEm
It should be 1

Thanks i'll tell you how i done tomorrow

What about part b i got the correct answer but used 6.55 instead of 6.53? (i attached previously the MS).
Original post by Gilo98
Ok so I personally didn't find C4 too hard but 74 for 100UMS (if I've worked it out correctly) does seem too high. I was thinking more 72.

C3 - 71 for 100UMS (if I've worked it out correctly)

anyone know how to do 100UMS for AS modules? (S1)

How do you calculate 90 UMS for AS? Also how does UMS progress? Is it 70, 71, 73, 74, 76, 77, 79, 80 UMS
Original post by SCAR H
How do you calculate 90 UMS for AS? Also how does UMS progress? Is it 70, 71, 73, 74, 76, 77, 79, 80 UMS

Thats what I don't know how to do.....bear with me for a mine as i may be able to find out....

UMS is out of 100. EG for C3, I worked out that 71/75 RAW gives full 100 UMS. Is this what you mean?
Original post by TeeEm

I'd be very interested to see what percentage achieve each grade in this year...FP3 as 59 a* just seems overly low, while FP2 is of course ridiculously high. And then there's the hated S3..66/75 for an a* isn't awful but for a paper that many considered one of the hardest they'd taken and certainly the hardest s3 it's rather weird.
Reply 1128
Original post by Mutleybm1996
Can you explain?
I'd like to put that point to my teacher to see what she thinks

Posted from TSR Mobile

according to my feel
FP2 ,S2, C4 are too high
FP3 is too low
So i think the S1 100UMS was 73. Sorry for spamming but I dont know where else to discuss maths boundaries
Reply 1130
Original post by Gilo98
So i think the S1 100UMS was 73. Sorry for spamming but I dont know where else to discuss maths boundaries

the full UMS is the A boundary + 2 x (difference between A and B)
Original post by TeeEm

thank you. PRSOM
Original post by TeeEm

This is very good to know thanks (also PRSOM)
This means 65 for 100UMS in FP3, which I might actually have...considering how badly that felt, wow.

edit: actually I hadn't tried as it never works but turns out I can rep lol
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1133
Original post by Gilo98
thank you. PRSOM

no worries
see attachement
Reply 1134
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
This means 65 for 100UMS in FP3, which I might actually have...considering how badly that felt, wow.

look at my attachment
Original post by TeeEm
no worries
see attachement

Thanks, that then confirms 74/75 for 100UMS on C4....seems v.high. would love to see the cumulative %'s achieving each boundary
Reply 1136

edit: actually I hadn't tried as it never works but turns out I can rep lol

repping system changed... I have been repping like mad no daily maximum but you have to rep 40 others before you rep the same person again!
How's everybody going to pass the next 22 hours? Do STEP results actually release at 00:00 or did I misread something?
Original post by Gilo98
Thanks, that then confirms 74/75 for 100UMS on C4....seems v.high. would love to see the cumulative %'s achieving each boundary

It's 73/75 on S3, which was devil spawn. Pretty crazy.
Original post by TeeEm
repping system changed... I have been repping like mad no daily maximum but you have to rep 40 others before you rep the same person again!

This bloody rapping system is pissing me off now. 40 other people is ridiculous. I stick to the maths forums and there are regular helpers like you, shamika and co who are frequent helpers that I cannot show my thanks to.

It's 73/75 on S3, which was devil spawn. Pretty crazy.

Was it a horrid paper? I'm just shocked about C4. Like, I reckoned if you had done all the past papers it should have been fine but this isn't the premise for the boundaries - the vast majority would not have done this and don't see how 74/75 should be 100UMS. Seems weird.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending