The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

OCR are playing mind games, how if f215 57/100 for an A?? WTF IS IT WITH THESE CLOSE GRADE BOUNDARIES! IM GUESSING THE PRESS IS RIGHT, THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE MISTAKES.
Reply 5081
Original post by Hmht
Wow those boundaries are low!!! Probably a really picky mark scheme though....

F214 - A is 42, A* is 46 (quite low boundaries)
F215 - A is 57, A* is 62 (very low boundaries)

F324 - A is 42, A* is 46 (low/expected boundaries)
F325 - A is 79, A* is 87 (very high boundaries, very high indeed... Goodbye A*)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Those last two are chemistry not biology boundaries! It's 42 for f214 and 57 for f215
Does anyone have the unofficial markscheme for F214?
Original post by Feeebz
Omggg yayyyyyy for once they haven't ****ed us over with the grade boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah they did,for f214 at least. The boundaries increased from last year's one, which isn't fair as last year's paper was easier than this year's paper.
Reply 5084
Original post by why always me
So do you think 59 would be enough for 127 ums in f215?

Posted from TSR Mobile

on F215 each mark (in the B to A* range) is worth 3 ums - going by this you should need 60... 59 would give you 126 ums so its close but no cigar as they say, sorry :/
Original post by amorrison
Yeah they did,for f214 at least. The boundaries increased from last year's one, which isn't fair as last year's paper was easier than this year's paper.

this. why is everybody so calm. have you not seen last years paper and how easy it was.
Original post by games211
this. why is everybody so calm. have you not seen last years paper and how easy it was.

But F215 was easier and the boundaries are ridiculously low! Lower than they have ever been in the past EVER...so they'll even each other out I guess...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Feeebz
But F215 was easier and the boundaries are ridiculously low! Lower than they have ever been in the past EVER...so they'll even each other out I guess...

Posted from TSR Mobile

NAHHHH if that was the theory behind it, then im gonna fight them. They are two independent exams.

p.s how was f215 easier?
Original post by Feeebz

Posted from TSR Mobile

just because you thought the questions were 'easy' doesn't mean you did well
Original post by corey7695

Well thanks for the vote of confidence...👍 there's no need to be nasty...if you read my post properly, you'd see that I didn't actually say it was easy, I said easiER ( than F214), which it was.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think she means easier as in comparison to the F214 paper, right..?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by amorrison
I think he means easier as in comparison to the F214 paper, right..?

*She and yes! That's exactly what I mean! I never said easy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Feeebz
Well thanks for the vote of confidence...👍 there's no need to be nasty...if you read my post properly, you'd see that I didn't actually say it was easy, I said easiER ( than F214), which it was.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah, my bad, thought you were one of those people on tsr who boast about everything being super easy, sorry:P
ah, my bad, thought you were one of those people on tsr who boast about everything being super easy, sorry:P

No, not me! Way too nervous about tomorrow to be one of those arrogant ones! 😁😛

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Feeebz
No, not me! Way too nervous about tomorrow to be one of those arrogant ones! 😁😛

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah me too, my biology grade is so uncertain I just have no clue..
I actually though f214 was easiER than f215! Hated that paper so much but I always knew it would be rank judging past papers! And also really low grade boundaries may mean really strict mark schemes 😭 what does everyone need? I need an A with a C in coursework 😭 I'm hoping 90% from AS will help drag me up!
Original post by CAulet567
I actually though f214 was easiER than f215! Hated that paper so much but I always knew it would be rank judging past papers! And also really low grade boundaries may mean really strict mark schemes 😭 what does everyone need? I need an A with a C in coursework 😭 I'm hoping 90% from AS will help drag me up!

I am in EXACTLY the same position as you ( coursework, AS etc) I reeaaaaallly need an A 😣 I thought the long answer questions in F215 were good! I got really stressed in F215 because none of it seemed to be very closely linked to the bloody syllabus!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Feeebz
I am in EXACTLY the same position as you ( coursework, AS etc) I reeaaaaallly need an A 😣 I thought the long answer questions in F215 were good! I got really stressed in F215 because none of it seemed to be very closely linked to the bloody syllabus!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know! I think that's why I did so well lasts year because it was all very closely linked to the syllabus whereas this year F215 was SUCH BS!! What is your firm and what do you need? I'm praying we've done it!!!!!
anybody got the ms for bio please?
Original post by CAulet567
I know! I think that's why I did so well lasts year because it was all very closely linked to the syllabus whereas this year F215 was SUCH BS!! What is your firm and what do you need? I'm praying we've done it!!!!!

My firm is Oxford and I need AAA 😭 what's yours? Me too! Hopefully we will be okay!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply