The Student Room Group

Business studies Unit 1 AS Edexcel

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JodieBolland
Unit 2A Business Studies:

Question one was something along the lines of 'How would Robert Cairns most likely reach the £70,000 he needs?'

And the answer (according to my business teacher) was with an overdraft

I was told that overdrafts aren't used for large sums of credit; so I put the credit thing option 😢😢😢.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 661
Original post by Nath98
okay for the unit 2A exam peeps we have so far

Q1 - ?

Q2 - ?

Q3 - ?

Q4 - What best describes a Bonus?
-A addition to salary based on good performance (Think this was right)
-herzberg motivator
-example of job enrichment
-forgot the other

Q5 - Tractor question about improving capacity utilization?
-Increased working hours for staff (Think this was right)
-Increase prices of the tractor
-Buy extra land/warehouse space
-idk the other

Q6 - Most likely reason bank would withdraw overdraft
-Negative cash flow
-actual costs lower
-?
-?

idk which was the right answer for Q6, i forgot the answer that i chose. all i know is that i chose answer B

Anyone remember anything else?

what did you guys say for why the pricing strategy may not work for marks and spences
[QUOTE=SleepyJacques;56589281]I was told that overdrafts aren't used for large sums of credit; so I put the credit thing option 😢😢😢.

Yeah I got an Overdraft also- I got an B last year on this paper, this paper was easier then last year.

Don't worry you'll most likely get at least a mark though!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I got an Overdraft also- I got an B last year on this paper, this paper was easier then last year.Don't worry you'll most likely get at least a mark though!!
[QUOTE=Yousf;56589305]what did you guys say for why the pricing strategy may not work for marks and spences

Hey if that work is above yours with q's 1 I got them same to yours.

I would of put if I said disadvantage - that as it's well known quiailty brand and their clothes are pricy because of the cost of production.

But ( I did exam last year.) you could of said ( as it's part of marketing mix.) you could of said that another thing such as place ( re-locating) online coils increase online sales as 6.8% was lost in instore-meaning people that use to shop they went online for another alternative brand, if M and S went online the ppl that originally brought the clothes from there could go back and bit the clothes from m and s as online which increase customer loyalty again etc :-)
Reply 664
Original post by SleepyJacques
I put addition to salary. It could not have been herzberg because pay was a hygiene factor and not a motivating factor.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was my reasoning too, chose the addition to salary one also
Reply 665
Original post by Nath98
okay for the unit 2A exam peeps we have so far

Q1 - How would Robert most likely reach the £70K he needs?
-Overdraft (think this is right)
-Paying off current loans
-extending customer credit allowances or smth
-?

Q2 - ?

Q3 - ?

Q4 - What best describes a Bonus?
-A addition to salary based on good performance (Think this was right)
-herzberg motivator
-example of job enrichment
-forgot the other

Q5 - Tractor question about improving capacity utilization?
-Increased working hours for staff (Think this was right)
-Increase prices of the tractor
-Buy extra land/warehouse space
-idk the other

Q6 - Most likely reason bank would withdraw overdraft
-Negative cash flow
-actual costs lower
-?
-?

idk which was the right answer for Q6, i forgot the answer that i chose. all i know is that i chose answer B

Anyone remember anything else?

Updated with Q1
Original post by SleepyJacques
I was told that overdrafts aren't used for large sums of credit; so I put the credit thing option 😢😢😢.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought that! And I was planning on changing it, but ran out of time - blessing in diguise for me I suppose, but I'm sure you've made up the marks elsewhere :smile:
Original post by Nath98
Updated with Q1

There was a question on budgets andwhy the business got a favourable varience rather than the expected adverse :smile: which i think the answer ot that that the product or service was of more value which may of been c and i think the other one was about flexible working and the effect itwould have on the on a low labour turnover if i remember correctly but i cant remember the answer for that one :smile:
Reply 668
Grade boundaries finalized what do you think you guys achieved

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/A-level/1406_GCE_A_level_Grade_Boundaries.pdf

i'm hoping i got between 140 and 150 ums points :smile:
grade boundaries gone up like crazy
Reply 670
Original post by annahale
grade boundaries gone up like crazy

are you worried now?
Original post by Ro01ro
are you worried now?

unit 1 - 48 to 53 like wth
Over 50 for an A.... like that is one of the highest grade boundaries for business exams. Many people must have coped well with the exam then. There is a mark scheme up as well, all I know is I got all multiple choices right in both papers wooh! :smile:. Nervous still for tomorrow. Good luck everyone!
Reply 673
Original post by Khanthebrit
Over 50 for an A.... like that is one of the highest grade boundaries for business exams. Many people must have coped well with the exam then. There is a mark scheme up as well, all I know is I got all multiple choices right in both papers wooh! :smile:. Nervous still for tomorrow. Good luck everyone!

where is the mark scheme? where is the link??
Reply 674
Original post by Khanthebrit

you need a password and username what is it? where do you find it??
Reply 677
Original post by Ro01ro
Thanks a tone mate :smile:

No problems :smile:
Reply 678
Original post by ahsan_ijaz
unit 1 - 48 to 53 like wth

Ahsan because me and you wrote more or less the similar answers I think i got the same as you between 48 and 53 on both papers but we will see tomorrow fingers crossed I so hope we get an A or B :smile:

What do you think...?
Reply 679
Now that the grade boundaries out, what do you guys think you'll get? I literally have no idea.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending