The Student Room Group

WJEC AS French FN2 21/05/2015

Scroll to see replies

Grade boundaries went up by 6 marks ...I'm vexed. Goodbye to "my" A...it was 69 last year^
Reply 161
Thats a massive difference. The standard must have been very high as the pass mark for all grades has gone up.
Oh dear...seeing those boundaries go up has made me panic even more. It could either mean the standard of response this year was very high in comparison to last year, or they are making it harder for students to get an A this year.
Original post by 09cbail1
Oh dear...seeing those boundaries go up has made me panic even more. It could either mean the standard of response this year was very high in comparison to last year, or they are making it harder for students to get an A this year.

My friend said "it just means you did better" I said "no, they did better" 😩 it scares me how everyone did so well hence the boundaries are so high this year ugh. I was already stressed at 71/96 but 75? Wth
Reply 164
How many native speakers take this exam, i wonder!?
How the hell are the grade boundaries so high! I messed up the speaking so was relying on the written paper :'( Either everyone has done a lot better this year, more native speakers chose this exam board or the examiners have become more lenient with marking as I was told a grammatical mistake in an answer loses you the mark!
Original post by Swifty139
How the hell are the grade boundaries so high! I messed up the speaking so was relying on the written paper :'( Either everyone has done a lot better this year, more native speakers chose this exam board or the examiners have become more lenient with marking as I was told a grammatical mistake in an answer loses you the mark!

Yeah the last part is indeed true :wink: if you have a spelling or a grammatical error for the Vrai/Faux question , u indeed don't get rewarded a mark. But seriously, this exam was not THAT easy :/ why are the boundaries so high ugh. It also annoys me how I'm learning the language by studying it yet others know it as either their parents are native french speakers or they lived in France or had extra lessons and that :frown:
I can't imagine too many people coming out with A's on this paper. It wasn't exactly easy (not that they ever are)...but in my opinion last year's paper was easier than the one we sat.So, why the sudden difference in boundaries?! Unless, it's like you said, there are more native speakers sitting this year.
Original post by 09cbail1
I can't imagine too many people coming out with A's on this paper. It wasn't exactly easy (not that they ever are)...but in my opinion last year's paper was easier than the one we sat.So, why the sudden difference in boundaries?! Unless, it's like you said, there are more native speakers sitting this year.

I'm hoping that they have been more lenient with grammatical mistakes which lose you the marks, however it could just be that there were more native speakers. It's still very annoying that the grade boundaries are this high because I feel like the written paper was my only hope of a decent grade and now that has gone
Reply 169
Im worried about question 3b and 3c. Its difficult to predict what marks will be awarded for.
75 for an a :frown:((((((
Original post by virois
Im worried about question 3b and 3c. Its difficult to predict what marks will be awarded for.

Same. I think that was the worst part of the paper...they weren't direct questions :frown:
I have no idea what to expect tomorrow. French is so unpredictable, for me anyway. D:

How do you guys even remember what questions 3b and 3c were? :lolwut:
Reply 173
They were the reading comprehension parts of the exam. Quite a big couple of sections worth 19 marks in total!
Original post by virois
They were the reading comprehension parts of the exam. Quite a big couple of sections worth 19 marks in total!

Eurghh...we can only lose 30 marks in total across FN1/FN2. Anymore than that and we have lost our A :frown:
Reply 175
The same percentage of students will get an A. I just think people have generally performed better this year. The AQA are the same. Students can only drop 23 marks for the A. German A Level with AQA, you need 91/110!
Reply 176
Bear in mind though that if you did very well in the oral exam, you will achieve more UMS which allows for a bit of flexibility on FN2.
Original post by virois
Bear in mind though that if you did very well in the oral exam, you will achieve more UMS which allows for a bit of flexibility on FN2.

Haha my oral exam was so bad, there is no hope there :wink:
Original post by Swifty139
Haha my oral exam was so bad, there is no hope there :wink:

Haha you know...all they could hear was 'jsais pas' 'ahh.d'accord, non..je ne suis pas tout a fait certain...' literally I couldnt answer his random questions e.g. 'what is so bad about drinking fizzy drinks?' (hello? i dont know that vocab) or 'how do you measure success?' - erm...au revoir mate
Original post by patricio_miguel
Haha you know...all they could hear was 'jsais pas' 'ahh.d'accord, non..je ne suis pas tout a fait certain...' literally I couldnt answer his random questions e.g. 'what is so bad about drinking fizzy drinks?' (hello? i dont know that vocab) or 'how do you measure success?' - erm...au revoir mate

Wow, you got asked some difficult questions. Mine were quite straightforward, but I just can't speak. :u:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending