The Student Room Group

I need help, i want to do nursing but...

Okay so i really regret this. Well what happend is, i failed my science coursework twice, this time i don't have any idea why, but the first time was because the teacher we had didn't help much, she barely knew any english. and i want to become a nurse however, i need help. meaning can i take "biology Gcse retake" only?? becuase in sixthform they offer it, would i have to do core/additional again..?. since you need two b's. Can't i just get an a/a* for biology gcse retake, so i wont have to do core again.

i haven't obviously got my gcse results yet but i only did core, as my "science teacher" never let the ones, who failed core do additional science... and so, i've thought about doing clinical nursing that means i've got to do 3years of college. is psychology + biology + health and social + sociology good subjects for going onto nursing?..:smile: and my science teacher never let me do higher.. eventhough i got high c's for foundation. .. . ughhhh
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by _anon_banon
Okay so i really regret this. Well what happend is, i failed my science coursework twice, this time i don't have any idea why, but the first time was because the teacher we had didn't help much, she barely knew any english. and i want to become a nurse however, i need help. meaning can i take "biology Gcse retake" only?? becuase in sixthform they offer it, would i have to do core/additional again..?. since you need two b's. Can't i just get an a/a* for biology gcse retake, so i wont have to do core again.

i haven't obviously got my gcse results yet but i only did core, as my "science teacher" never let the ones, who failed core do additional science... and so, i've thought about doing clinical nursing that means i've got to do 3years of college. is psychology + biology + health and social + sociology good subjects for going onto nursing?..:smile: and my science teacher never let me do higher.. eventhough i got high c's for foundation. .. . ughhhh

Some unis might take you for nursing with only a C in gcse science (so you could just get core and be fine), however doing a level biology could be hard if you havent done triple science, your subject choices are really good for nursing. You dont have to do biology for most unis so you can switch that for something else if you wanted.
Original post by claireestelle
Some unis might take you for nursing with only a C in gcse science (so you could just get core and be fine), however doing a level biology could be hard if you havent done triple science, your subject choices are really good for nursing. You dont have to do biology for most unis so you can switch that for something else if you wanted.

so does that mean i have to do btech biology, or no biology at all? for nursing.?? i swear you're meant to take biology lols
also, if i fail my core, then can i just take " biology GCSE " only , instead of doing core again?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by anon__banon
so does that mean i have to do btech biology, or no biology at all? for nursing.?? i swear you're meant to take biology lols
also, if i fail my core, then can i just take " biology GCSE " only , instead of doing core again?

For level 3 qualifications, only a few unis insist on it so its not necessary for you to do it really.
Some unis do want gcse science but not all however i d say yes do the biology gcse if you fail core again.
Hmm.. why don't you ask your school adviser??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending