The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Forest fans must be in agony, what a game over there.
Turning away from the League Cup for a moment and its two wins out of two for the boys in Pink and Blue!

The Hamlet took out Merstham in this midweek game 2-0 away from home, with Scannell picking up his third goal lf the season. A decent crowd of 321 as well for an out of London non league fixture. Dropped to second in the table via goal difference, however we are yet to concede. Two good performances so far, and fan morale is on the rise.

On the bottom end sadly is to see our good friends Kingstonian (the rightful owners of the ground which AFC Wimbledon share) are dead last in the league.

Still early days!
Original post by Mackay
Burton upset Bolton at the Macron. Great result for the third tier side, who will undoubtedly hope for a home time against one of the big boys - Everton, Newcastle - in the next round.

Remarkable what Hasselbaink has done there
Original post by blackened_sky
As a Blades fan who grew up in Chesterfield, this is possibly the most disgusting tie I've ever seen

As a Chesterfield fan I agree :wink: you going to BL on Saturday?
What the actual **** them stupid idiotic York fans shining torches from their phones to put our players off during the penalty shoot out, and that brilliant referee didnt do anything about it Phil Parkinson was going mental on the touch line !! Oh well hopefull a win on saturday against Shrewsbury.
What a thumping by Oxford, eh? Great result. Brentford were poor, and that third goal was a thing of beauty.
Original post by redleader1
What the actual **** them stupid idiotic York fans shining torches from their phones to put our players off during the penalty shoot out, and that brilliant referee didnt do anything about it Phil Parkinson was going mental on the touch line !! Oh well hopefull a win on saturday against Shrewsbury.

You make it sound like this isn't common, you always see it in the Premier League and Champions League (Italians are notorious)
Original post by Tony_LeaS
You make it sound like this isn't common, you always see it in the Premier League and Champions League (Italians are notorious)

Any Youtube links ?? I suppose our lasers didnt help :tongue:. You a York fan ?
Reply 4108
Any Brentford fans out there? Did you go to the match? Being an oxford fan and living in nottingham I couldn't go so listened to it on the radio and it sounded bloody brilliant! You may have changed your team but its finally good to thrash a team, score some goals and finally get some media attention.... Onto Saturday, hopefully continue the form and buzzing for my first game of the season even though its at Luton which is an absolute ****hole. I am feeling this is the year for the mighty yellows! COYY

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4109
While sending that post I've heard that Brentford have postponed their next home match so they can do some work on the their pitch!! Certainly didn't stop oxford last night anyway 🙈🙈🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redleader1
Any Youtube links ?? I suppose our lasers didnt help :tongue:. You a York fan ?

Nope, much lower down the league then that. Having said that though to put of the Tonbridge Angels keeper last day of the season in April we chanted "the keeper is from Westlife", to his own amusement. Was a great bloke though and clapped us at the end.
Great that we're on Sky Sports for our inevitable loss to Doncaster on Thursday, naturally I'm stuck in work so will miss all of it :colonhash:
Saw that Birmingham City away kit for the first time in an actual match. My eyes hurt.
Original post by joddcfc
As a Chesterfield fan I agree :wink: you going to BL on Saturday?

Unfortunately not, got a lovely 12-8 shift :laugh:, I'll probably get home to find out you've hammered us 6-0
Isak Ssewankambo starting for Derby tonight. Is there a better name in the football league?
Original post by The Wavefunction
Isak Ssewankambo starting for Derby tonight. Is there a better name in the football league?

Newport County striker Lenell John Lewis. The fans sing 'his name is a shop' in his honour.
Original post by jakesidhu
Newport County striker Lenell John Lewis. The fans sing 'his name is a shop' in his honour.

It's good, but it's not quite Ssewankambo.
Original post by Mackay
Burton upset Bolton at the Macron. Great result for the third tier side, who will undoubtedly hope for a home time against one of the big boys - Everton, Newcastle - in the next round.

Proper smash and grab that. We drilled them for 85 mins for them to score a deflected long range strike with what was their first shot on target i think. Ah well. Glad we took a point off of Derby, could have easily been 3.
Original post by The Wavefunction
It's good, but it's not quite Ssewankambo.

That's true. We might see that on a Carling advert now.
Does anyone else find it weird that Brentford have postponed their game against Birmingham so they can relay the pitch? It didn't seem to cut up that badly.
Original post by jakesidhu
That's true. We might see that on a Carling advert now.
Does anyone else find it weird that Brentford have postponed their game against Birmingham so they can relay the pitch? It didn't seem to cut up that badly.

We (Ipswich) played on it for our opener but it didn't seem unplayable, probably suggested by the league standards people

Quick Reply

Latest