The Student Room Group

KCL Maths Adjustment/Clearing

Hi guys,

Anyone know the likelihood of King's entering Adjustment/Clearing for Maths with Management and Finance?

I achieved A*A*A in Maths, Further Maths and Economics in 2014 and was studying Computing at Imperial until I realised late on that I didn't want to do it anymore, and hated the university itself.

I've got an unconditional offer from Southampton currently, would it be possible to use adjustment even though I have my results? They ask for AAB and I've exceeded those grades.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by r3l3ntl3ss
Hi guys,

Anyone know the likelihood of King's entering Adjustment/Clearing for Maths with Management and Finance?

I achieved A*A*A in Maths, Further Maths and Economics in 2014 and was studying Computing at Imperial until I realised late on that I didn't want to do it anymore, and hated the university itself.

I've got an unconditional offer from Southampton currently, would it be possible to use adjustment even though I have my results? They ask for AAB and I've exceeded those grades.
As you have an unconditional offer at Southampton, you aren't eligible for Adjustment. Your only option would be to ask Southampton to release you into Clearing - see Changing your Mind

It's impossible to say at the moment whether KCL will have places for that course in Clearing - you could try contacting them to see what they say, but they won't know for certain until A level Results Day in August.
Original post by Minerva
As you have an unconditional offer at Southampton, you aren't eligible for Adjustment. Your only option would be to ask Southampton to release you into Clearing - see Changing your Mind

It's impossible to say at the moment whether KCL will have places for that course in Clearing - you could try contacting them to see what they say, but they won't know for certain until A level Results Day in August.

What do you mean by this exactly? I thought adjustment was for people who held an unconditional from their firm and wish to transfer to another university while having their firm choice intact even if they don't find a spot through adjustment
Original post by Shady778
What do you mean by this exactly? I thought adjustment was for people who held an unconditional from their firm and wish to transfer to another university while having their firm choice intact even if they don't find a spot through adjustment

No. Adjustment is for people who exceed their conditional firm offer.
Original post by ageshallnot
No. Adjustment is for people who exceed their conditional firm offer.

Yeh but it's made out to sound like if you hold an unconditional offer you can't apply whereas UCAS say it is when your conditional firm turns UNCONDITIONAL
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeh but it's made out to sound like if you hold an unconditional offer you can't apply whereas UCAS say it is when your conditional firm turns UNCONDITIONAL

If you are given a straight off Unconditional from a University (NOT conditional), then you cannot use Adjustment.

Adjustment is when you originally had a Conditional Offer but you met and exceeded those conditions and are now Unconditional Firm.
Original post by Ecosse_14
If you are given a straight off Unconditional from a University (NOT conditional), then you cannot use Adjustment.

Adjustment is when you originally had a Conditional Offer but you met and exceeded those conditions and are now Unconditional Firm.

Ahh thank you sir. So if i held an offer for York in feb (conditional) and it turned unconditional in may ( because I did a foundation year and results were released earlier) would that still make me elegible for adjustment if the offer was 70% at york and I received 80.5%?
Reply 7
Ahh thank you sir. So if i held an offer for York in feb (conditional) and it turned unconditional in may ( because I did a foundation year and results were released earlier) would that still make me elegible for adjustment if the offer was 70% at york and I received 80.5%?
Technically it probably should, but I would check with UCAS as this is an unusual circumstance. The way Adjustment is structured is that it tends to accommodate only those cases where the offer turns unconditional on either of the SQA or A level Results Days.
Original post by Minerva
Technically it probably should, but I would check with UCAS as this is an unusual circumstance. The way Adjustment is structured is that it tends to accommodate only those cases where the offer turns unconditional on either of the SQA or A level Results Days.

Ah I see, thank you for the reply :>

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending