The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Congrats to all that have made their offers :smile:
I'm in! At least it's changed to uncondtional on Track...
Physical NatSci at Fitz anyone?
Wow I haven't posted on here in a while... :colondollar:
Original post by cerlohee
Aw missed my offer and track isn't letting me log in

Good luck for when you do log in :smile:

How much have you missed your offer by?

No!!!!! Let us know what happens, there's still hope

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Warwick rejected it on 8th and Cambridge on 10th.
Surprised about warwick. I cant see in the worst circumstances getting anything lower then A*A*B

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try not to worry until you get your results. Hopefully it's a mess up or a very near miss and a solution can be found :smile:

:frown: oh no...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucilou101
x

I'm not getting any response on the a level results day thread so thought I could ask here. Track hasn't changed at all; I did the IB so they've had my results for a month. I missed my Cambridge offer by 4 point (but under suspicious circumstances). Remarks came through and only one grade went up. I made my Durham overall points offer of 38, but got 765 HL instead of 666. I messaged big universities last Friday informing them of my situation: Cambridge didn't reply and Durham replied saying thanks. I don't know what to do; what if I need to go through clearing?
Original post by ILovePancakes
I'm not getting any response on the a level results day thread so thought I could ask here. Track hasn't changed at all; I did the IB so they've had my results for a month. I missed my Cambridge offer by 4 point (but under suspicious circumstances). Remarks came through and only one grade went up. I made my Durham overall points offer of 38, but got 765 HL instead of 666. I messaged big universities last Friday informing them of my situation: Cambridge didn't reply and Durham replied saying thanks. I don't know what to do; what if I need to go through clearing?

If Track still hasn't updated then I would phone your Cambridge college and see what they say, either they're still considering you or they just haven't got round to updating your track yet.

After that, I would phone Durham and see what they say, whether they can confirm your offer or not. Durham are known to mess people around a bit with making them hold on for a decision for a long time - so its worth asking how long before they know for definite.

Let me know how it goes :smile:
Finally logged into track. Haven't been rejected or accepted. I'm calling Queens' but it's going straight to voicemail. What should I do? :smile:

Oh and also my Durham place has been confirmed.
Good luck for when you do log in :smile:

How much have you missed your offer by?

I don't think I was that near the A* for the other grades. I got A*AABa and needed A*A*Aa.
Finally logged into track. Haven't been rejected or accepted. I'm calling Queens' but it's going straight to voicemail. What should I do? :smile:

Email their admissions with subject line

Name - Missed Offer - Urgent

List any ums
Remarks you might have

Best of luck!

Well that's very good news about Durham.

Email Queens' and try calling again a little bit later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think I was that near the A* for the other grades. I got A*AABa and needed A*A*Aa.

Have you got the correct number for them? Silly question I know but it should be - +44 (0)1223 335540

If they still don't answer, then email as L'Evil has said if you have that contact for them :smile:
Reply 3213
Original post by jneill
Oh nos. :frown:

Missed your insurance too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankfully just about got it but I did way worse than I thought wasn't even close.
(edited 8 years ago)
Have you got the correct number for them? Silly question I know but it should be - +44 (0)1223 335540

If they still don't answer, then email as L'Evil has said if you have that contact for them :smile:

They emailed saying not to phone them, but to email
Original post by L'Evil Fish
They emailed saying not to phone them, but to email

Fair enough :smile: email it is!
update: they told me that a letter is waiting for me at home. I live an hour and a half away. Why couldn't they have just used track ffs :/

second update: there's no letter. im in ze pool.

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Email their admissions with subject line

Name - Missed Offer - Urgent

List any ums
Remarks you might have

Best of luck!

I think my school did this yesterday. Thanks :smile:

Original post by jneill
Well that's very good news about Durham.

Email Queens' and try calling again a little bit later.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I guess so. Thanks :smile:

I accidentally called the psychology library first time haha. Thanks for the advice :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Currently being trolled by my son.
Still waiting to hear...
FFS

Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
update: they told me that a letter is waiting for me at home. I live an hour and a half away. Why couldn't they have just used track ffs :/

I think my school did this yesterday. Thanks :smile:

Yeah I guess so. Thanks :smile:

I accidentally called the psychology library first time haha. Thanks for the advice :smile:

What are the psychology doing closed. Don't they know results just came out LOLOLOLOLOL.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's very cruel of them. Good luck for when you get the letter. I've got a feeling if they wouldn't tell you over the phone then it's probably bad news - but there's no way to know for sure until you open the letter.

Whatever happens, you've got Durham confirmed which is an excellent university :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending