The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Got A*A*B as expected. Scraped the B. But warwick didnt see that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucilou101
If Track still hasn't updated then I would phone your Cambridge college and see what they say, either they're still considering you or they just haven't got round to updating your track yet.

After that, I would phone Durham and see what they say, whether they can confirm your offer or not. Durham are known to mess people around a bit with making them hold on for a decision for a long time - so its worth asking how long before they know for definite.

Let me know how it goes :smile:

Thank you so much :smile:

I've tried ringing both unis and the Durham line is permanently busy, whilst Cambridge goes straight to voicemail saying "This is Magdalene College Cambridge. Due to the college open day, there is no one available to take your call." I'm assuming an old voicemail, but no one is picking up?
Original post by ILovePancakes

I've tried ringing both unis and the Durham line is permanently busy, whilst Cambridge goes straight to voicemail saying "This is Magdalene College Cambridge. Due to the college open day, there is no one available to take your call." I'm assuming an old voicemail, but no one is picking up?

Durham being busy doesn't surprise me. Seems like an odd voicemail - have you got the right number? It should be +44 (0) 1223 332135

Or does your offer letter have any different contact numbers?

If that still doesn't work - then email them on [email protected] with your UCAS number, name, grades etc and see if they respond that way :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Have you emailed them?
Durham being busy doesn't surprise me. Seems like an odd voicemail - have you got the right number? It should be +44 (0) 1223 332135

Or does your offer letter have any different contact numbers?

If that still doesn't work - then email them on [email protected] with your UCAS number, name, grades etc and see if they respond that way :smile:

Original post by vincrows
Have you emailed them?

I emailed them both last Friday with remark grades and UMS etc. There were loads of disparities in my marks (e.g. 7 in French written assignment and 3 in French written exam), so drew their attention to that. At that point I was still waiting for scripts to see if I could directly appeal marking. I have the scripts now and my teachers are going to look at them today.

I will email them now regarding track updates. I'm just worried in case I need to go through clearing and neither has responded.

Also, yeah that's the number I've been calling.
(edited 8 years ago)
I emailed them both last Friday with remark grades and UMS etc. There were loads of disparities in my marks (e.g. 7 in French written assignment and 3 in French written exam), so drew their attention to that. At that point I was still waiting for scripts to see if I could directly appeal marking. I have the scripts now and my teachers are going to look at them today.

I will email them now regarding track updates. I'm just worried in case I need to go through clearing and neither has responded.

It's not great that they're not being helpful - I would email them both, then try phoning again. If there's still no response then have a look at Clearing and see if there's anything you like the look of. There's no rush as you can't select a Clearing space till 5 o'clock later today.

Give it another half an hour or so then try phoning again until you find a response from them. Cambridge may be putting you into the Summer pool, or still be deliberating. Durham may just still be deciding. Hopefully you'll be able to get an answer from them pretty quickly - rather than them leaving you hanging on for days! :smile:
Son got A*A*A and 1 in STEP I. But A was in Physics and needed to be A*. Physics was 549/600...

Now waiting to hear from Christ's....

Gah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have no clue what to do. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in!
Original post by physicsmaths
I have no clue what to do. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you got your results now? :smile:
Original post by jneill
Son got A*A*A and 1 in STEP I. But A was in Physics and needed to be A*. Physics was 549/600...

Gah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surely that'll be ok though. He's got the hardest part of the offer (STEP) and an average of 90+ across physics even if that isn't technically an A*.

How close is he?
Have you got your results now? :smile:

Oh yes. A*A*B as I thought. Warwick have not seen my UMS i believe ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh yes. A*A*B as I thought. Warwick have not seen my UMS i believe ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They won't have seen your UMS no. You could try ringing them and giving your UMS but from what I've heard they over-offered this year and so may not be lenient.

It's worth having a look in clearing to see if anything takes your fancy
x

Just as an aside, if it does come to the worst and both Cambridge and Durham say no - I took a quick look in clearing and saw that Social and Political Sciences is on offer at York with 35 points. This may be of no interest to you at all but I thought I'd mention it :smile:
Original post by jneill

Gah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Best of luck!
Original post by jneill

Gah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Best of luck! I'd hate to be so close :/
They won't have seen your UMS no. You could try ringing them and giving your UMS but from what I've heard they over-offered this year and so may not be lenient.

It's worth having a look in clearing to see if anything takes your fancy

They over-offer every year. They typically give 2,000 offers out of 2,100 applicants for 200 places
Original post by newblood
They over-offer every year. They typically give 2,000 offers out of 2,100 applicants for 200 places

Surely getting 1,1 in step 1,2 puts me near the top i wouldve thought and D in AEA with A*s in maths FM.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Surely getting 1,1 in step 1,2 puts me near the top i wouldve thought and D in AEA with A*s in maths FM.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am sure there must have been some sort of mistake here.. Is there a way you can contact maths admissions directly?
Original post by mathematigeek
I am sure there must have been some sort of mistake here.. Is there a way you can contact maths admissions directly?

I am trying, they are all just emails the one place i rang gave me some crappy answers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending